Let that sink in

Let me let you into a secret.

It is 2019 now. Not 1973. Fact.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It seems that, in Spain, you can offer money to the family of a victim in order to avoid prison for serious offences.

So the monied get to do what they want.

Hmmmmm.......

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Not at all sure that I'd want to see him at The Albion, but I do agree with the two posts quoted - he committed a crime and was rightly sent to prison for an appropriate time - that is, a length of sentence appropriate to the gravity of his crime, which was at the low end of the sex crime spectrum.

In spite of what has been said on one or two posts on here, we have no idea whether he has felt remorse for his crime, whether he has realised and recognised how wrong it was, how much of a reformed character he is. We have no idea how much his conviction and spell in prison have changed him. I think he will get taken on by a club, probably, as has been said, at a lower level - and he will face considerable abuse - but I think it is right that having done his time he should have the chance to resume his career.
Agree with most posts on here especially yours but he is not what I would call a “kiddie fiddler” really is he? It’s not even an offence in France!
Paedo gets thrown around too much for me and doesn’t apply here. I have worked in prisons and know what real paedos are. They are evil, manipulative, often clever and never remorseful. To call everyone who falls short a paedo is wrong imo.
Not trying to defend him, just think the outrage is a little overdone.
Definitely do not want him at Albion but he should be allowed to try and get on with his life. He has done his time.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
So the monied get to do what they want.

Hmmmmm.......

Absolutely! It’s like the wild west out here mate. Messi, Christiano Ronaldo, Jose Mourinho among others have all been sentenced to prison for Tax Evasion but because it is for less than 2 years they do not go to prison.
Good job really because there would be nobody left except me. Not so sure about that either!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Johnson was convicted of a sexual assualt on the child, not kissing as somene said. Before sentencing he was smirking and winking to supporters in court (sauce: Guardian). Let’s not underplay the seriousness of his crime, which he obviously didn’t take seriously.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Johnson was convicted of a sexual assualt on the child, not kissing as somene said. Before sentencing he was smirking and winking to supporters in court (sauce: Guardian). Let’s not underplay the seriousness of his crime, which he obviously didn’t take seriously.
Yeah. He's a wrong un and no mistake. Obviously very stupid but also has zero morals. Stupidity isn't an excuse for being a total ROTTER.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
As well as being a 'nonce', which like-it-or-not, both in the criminal community and general society is considered the lowest of the low, never mind the post-Barry Bennell safeguarding issues at a club, the girl in question he's inside for was an underage football fan of a club he was playing for.

His football career is over.

I really do hope so. No less than he deserves.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Hadn't heard this until you said it. Crashed his car (in Spain) while drunk and doing 70 in a 30 limit, killing his passenger :ohmy:

Received a 3yr+ driving ban and a £61k fine. Staggering, even by the relatively lenient standards of the UK penalties for such things. How on earth has he avoided prison for that??

Fulham fans at S Bridge were singing murderer at him most of their game - savage.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Whatever we think about the, relative, mildness of his paedo activity it was enough for his girlfriend to abort his baby and physically vomit in court when she heard the content of the messages he sent his victim.

When I had sex with a 14 year old girl it was rape...beside the fact I was 14 at the time myself...and, believe me, she was the instigator. Luckily I wasn’t accused of anything but, if I tried that now..,30 odd years later I’d rightly be considered a nonce. He was a grown man with a child and another on the way when he got involved in this tawdry activity. He has thrown his career away because he couldn’t stop himself from knowingly trying to **** a child. Deserves to fade away into obscurity.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Apparently Aston Villa are going to sign him on a free transfer :wrong: :facepalm:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
When I had sex with a 14 year old girl it was rape...beside the fact I was 14 at the time myself...and, believe me, she was the instigator. Luckily I wasn’t accused of anything but, if I tried that now..,30 odd years later I’d rightly be considered a nonce.

What you describe above was not rape.

Below taken from the FPA Website (https://www.fpa.org.uk/factsheets/law-on-sex#age-consent)

It is an offence for anyone to have any sexual activity with a person under the age of 16. However, Home Office guidance [1] is clear that there is no intention to prosecute teenagers under the age of 16 where both mutually agree and where they are of a similar age.

It is an offence for a person aged 18 or over to have any sexual activity with a person under the age of 18 if the older person holds a position of trust (for example a teacher or social worker) as such sexual activity is an abuse of the position of trust.

The Sexual Offences Act 2003 provides specific legal protection for children aged 12 and under who cannot legally give their consent to any form of sexual activity. There is a maximum sentence of life imprisonment for rape, assault by penetration, and causing or inciting a child to engage in sexual activity.

As you can see the fact you were both the same age and it was consensual would mean there would be no intention to prosecute.

Had the girl been 12 or under she would have not been able to give consent legally then that becomes rape. Once a child reaches 13 the law considers them to be able to make informed consent and then it is down to the age of the other person involved and other factors like do they hold position of responsibility etc that would actually determine what the offences would be.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Fulham fans at S Bridge were singing murderer at him most of their game - savage.

alonso.jpg

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Hopefully he’ll get himself out the country for everyone’s benefit. I had thought of the possibility of Palace signing him but he’d be too close to Brighton for my liking.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here