Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
So you missed Osboune saying there would have to be a emergency budget within weeks if we voted out. Maybe I missed said budget ? Or maybe your blue with yellow stars glasses have blinded you to his statement ?

Was George Osborne part of the Remain Campaign? What was his position?

He was the Chancellor at the time so he would mention a budget.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

OK, but for the LAST time on this thread ( I must have posted this dozens of times so far ) because .....

I do not believe the aim of ever further and closer European integration is a good one. I believe that the aim just reduces independent countries to vassel states of a political organisation. I believe the EU organisation is fundamentally undemocratic and corrupt. It has forced changes of government. It removes power from the people to politicitians that have affectively been appointed not elected ( Junker as an example ). The EU believe one model fits all ..... it doesn't and the Eurozone and the their ideas on non-EU immigration back this up ( quotas etc ). I believe the EU would rather force a change of government in a country than accept a democratic decision ( Greece and Italy are good examples ). I feel UK values of fair play and democracy are not represented at the EU and so the UK should not be part of the EU.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Was George Osborne part of the Remain Campaign? What was his position?

He was the Chancellor at the time so he would mention a budget.

Was Nigel Farage part of the Leave Campaign ...... ah no ..... yet you endlessly bang on about him in posts. Really TB you are an absolute hypocrite. Maybe you should return to being Yorkie ..... she was far more level headed.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
So you missed Osboune saying there would have to be a emergency budget within weeks if we voted out. Maybe I missed said budget ? Or maybe your blue with yellow stars glasses have blinded you to his statement ?

Since when has a back bench MP been able to introduce a budget? Osbourne retained his position as Chancellor of the exchequer for 20 days following the 2016 referendum and all this time (20 days) with a lame duck resigned Prime minister

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
OK, but for the LAST time on this thread ( I must have posted this dozens of times so far ) because .....

I do not believe the aim of ever further and closer European integration is a good one. I believe that the aim just reduces independent countries to vassel states of a political organisation. I believe the EU organisation is fundamentally undemocratic and corrupt. It has forced changes of government. It removes power from the people to politicitians that have affectively been appointed not elected ( Junker as an example ). The EU believe one model fits all ..... it doesn't and the Eurozone and the their ideas on non-EU immigration back this up ( quotas etc ). I believe the EU would rather force a change of government in a country than accept a democratic decision ( Greece and Italy are good examples ). I feel UK values of fair play and democracy are not represented at the EU and so the UK should not be part of the EU.

Fair enough, I don't believe a word of it but I respect your reply.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Brexit.

D0kKhZ3W0AEtji0.jpg

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Some of you seem to have problems telling the difference between promises, warnings, lies and predictions.

But that's the thing. What promises have leave broken by leave? We haven't left so none?

Why do remian keep predicting things, when previous predictions are completely wrong. Its misleading and wrong.

Both sides do it, but for remain to make an issue out of it, when so many try and blame Brexit on things that have nothing to do with Brexit, and keep making horrible predictions on the future of the country, that are based on nothing but opinions of people that are repeating incorrect, in wrong IMO.

These predictions, warnings, lies etc have so far mainly been false. Why keep making them?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Was Nigel Farage part of the Leave Campaign ...... ah no ..... yet you endlessly bang on about him in posts. Really TB you are an absolute hypocrite. Maybe you should return to being Yorkie ..... she was far more level headed.

Can't remember Farage being a chancellor or in any type of position to discuss let alone Hold a budget.
Whatever the outcome it would not surprise me at all if an emergency budget would be called.
Any excuse to pile on more misery and blame it on something else.
It will either be the fault of brexit or the fault of labour from a decade ago.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Illegal, unwanted, warranted. The People's Vote will save the UK.

There is no salvation in that route because the result will be the same.

Although some cheating individuals have been identified, the mechanisms they used have not been shut down. It'll be the same cheating, different cheats.

And even if the result is different, what will happen ? Farage will tub thump, the yellow vests will get angry, the ilegal funding will continue. We'll be back to this point within a couple of years.

We are lost until the dis-information input is shut down.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
But that's the thing. What promises have leave broken by leave? We haven't left so none?

Why do remian keep predicting things, when previous predictions are completely wrong. Its misleading and wrong.

Both sides do it, but for remain to make an issue out of it, when so many try and blame Brexit on things that have nothing to do with Brexit, and keep making horrible predictions on the future of the country, that are based on nothing but opinions of people that are repeating incorrect, in wrong IMO.

These predictions, warnings, lies etc have so far mainly been false. Why keep making them?

Whataboutery at its finest.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Since when has a back bench MP been able to introduce a budget? Osbourne retained his position as Chancellor of the exchequer for 20 days following the 2016 referendum and all this time (20 days) with a lame duck resigned Prime minister

He made the statement BEFORE the referendum was held.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
I don't know, why did Leavers drive a big bus around promising £350m a week for the NHS ?

But the didn't. They drove a bus that said, we pay £350m to the EU

Lets fund our NHS instead.

That doesn't say that the NHS needs £350m more a week, or we will give that £350m a week. It could mean lets spends part of that money,

Its completely misleading and has been used as a weapon by the same people trying to justify their own misleading comments, like the econemy will crash if we vote to leave the EU, or unemployment will do up if we VOTE to leave the EU. That didn't happen.

Both sides are as guilty as each other for posting half-truths and misleading statements.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Please supply a link or several links, newspaper articles and tweets will do. It's no good making statements about what happened three years ago without putting it into context (which my quotes have been and attributed to the actual person)
I really cannot be bothered to dredge up campaign claims of economic turndown made whilst the campaign was raging. I have no doubt you know what I am referring to.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Greece and Italy had general elections and the only thing that was forced was the economy as they were part of the euro.
Greece had an election which punished their two main parties for the mess of the economy. They rejected the austerity that was necessary to get them back on track.
https://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/19/...ns-effort-to-form-a-government-in-greece.html

The second election was called on the basis of accepting the bailout and austerity as proposed by Samaras. He won enough seats for his New Democrat party to form a coaltion and approve the bailout. The voters weren't forced in any way, and had a free vote.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-18478982

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
There's a funny silence, while I wait for a reply.
There are tons of reasons people have given in this thread. We keep going over the same old ground. I actually think the thread should be closed as it just attracts bitterness from both sides.

I keep trying to leave it alone but I can't seem to stop myself. :down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here