Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I have no cause, I just voted to leave, sorry about that.Perhaps the “on our way “is a bit annoying but I like it and it seems to really upset Clamp,Watford,simmster and other doom merchants so that cannot be a bad thing.And good for you for still paying your taxes,admirable,a real trooper.

On our way.
to hell in a handcart

Corrected for you

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
To think [MENTION=21401]pastafarian[/MENTION] told me to "grow up" when posting on this thread.

:lolol:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I have no cause, I just voted to leave, sorry about that.Perhaps the “on our way “is a bit annoying but I like it and it seems to really upset Clamp,Watford,simmster and other doom merchants so that cannot be a bad thing.And good for you for still paying your taxes,admirable,a real trooper.

On our way.
You're still not reading what's being said are you? I've explained a couple of times this morning alone that you don't "really upset" me at all. I just find your banal manner excruciatingly fckwitted. The fact that you're a simpleton is really neither here nor there to me. Hope that clears that up. On our way etc.

D

Deleted member 22389

I agree with you....and HerrTubthumper is not far behind Bakerlite either. Neither of them have endeared themselves to their cause.

I am a 'remainer' and the constant rubbish posted on here is so disappointing.

I now live in France...( and have done so for a few years now ). I'm retired and whatever is decided over the next few weeks is incredibly important to me....and a few million others living in Europe. People like me will have to accept what Parliament/Government decides over the next few weeks and get on with the total disruption to our lives that it could bring. I can do that.

What is so deeply offensive on this thread is the pathetic comments made by regular posters on both sides of this national divide.

This forum has many posters....with many different views....and much 'informed' knowledge.

This thread has failed NSC,s usual high standards.

I am sad about that.

PS; I still pay my taxes to the UK government......

Have the French government offered you a way to apply for settled status, like our government have done for EU nationals here?. My mum got settled status last month, which means she can still access all the services, after 50+ years.

Last edited by a moderator:

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
You're still not reading what's being said are you? I've explained a couple of times this morning alone that you don't "really upset" me at all. I just find your banal manner excruciatingly fckwitted. The fact that you're a simpleton is really neither here nor there to me. Hope that clears that up. On our way etc.

At least we can still be friends.

On our way.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
One of the most fascinating things about this stage of the abortion we call Brexit, is how Labour, who wasn’t invited by the Tories to take any part in the separation process, are being roundly blamed by the media, some leavers, and some remainers for the whole debacle. Realistically, what could they have done that would have had any effect. On here it’s said that Corbyn only brought a no confidence vote when goaded by May, if it had no chance of winning when he invoked it, it had no chance before that. A 2nd vote is only now becoming a real option, it would have had no chance of passing a Parliamentary vote until now, and probably still won’t win one now.
It seems to me that Corbyn has been pragmatic throughout this, and has not taken any action that would have had no chance of winning the support of a majority of the House, which to do anything he would just needed.

(And that’s only when May isn’t to scared to have a vote)

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
At least I don't have to write all of that

I can just put - This.

But I'll add Nick, you wrote that 2 posts below 764 hours - remaining until we leave the EU.

Please please don't be so foolish as to think Corbyn is suddenly putting country first.

If the country had even the hint of a creditable opposition 'battling' the very worst ruling government, irrespective as to where we'd be in the process, we'd be in a considerably better position.

Corbyn is no saint and maybe my comment were a bit generous, but yesterday was a start.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
One of the most fascinating things about this stage of the abortion we call Brexit, is how Labour, who wasn’t invited by the Tories to take any part in the separation process, are being roundly blamed by the media, some leavers, and some remainers for the whole debacle. Realistically, what could they have done that would have had any effect. On here it’s said that Corbyn only brought a no confidence vote when goaded by May, if it had no chance of winning when he invoked it, it had no chance before that. A 2nd vote is only now becoming a real option, it would have had no chance of passing a Parliamentary vote until now, and probably still won’t win one now.
It seems to me that Corbyn has been pragmatic throughout this, and has not taken any action that would have had no chance of winning the support of a majority of the House, which to do anything he would just needed.

The Labour party could and should have been clear with it's stated aims towards Brexit, before during and most definitely after the vote.

If Corbyn wanted his party to support leaving that's what he should have come out and said, campaigned on that premise and worked with the sitting government to bring about his stated aim.

The Labour Party isn't an innocent bystander in all this mess, it's almost equally responsible for it.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

(And that’s only when May isn’t to scared to have a vote)

i dont think he is being blamed for state of brexit. he is accused of trying to use the event to force a GE, and generally sitting on sidelines. the Labour move is not really new, its official party policy which he ignored and is now looking at to shore up support within his own party. party leader supports referendum to heal division in his party... have i heard of this before?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Corbyn is no saint and maybe my comment were a bit generous, but yesterday was a start.

They were generous, very generous.

As for being a 'start'.

Not only is Corbyn shutting the stable door after the horse bolted.

The horse in question hitchhiked to London, boarded the Eurostar and was last seen leading the underground resistance against viande chevaline restaurants, where he is know only as Klipperty.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I agree with you....and HerrTubthumper is not far behind Bakerlite either. Neither of them have endeared themselves to their cause.

I am a 'remainer' and the constant rubbish posted on here is so disappointing.

I now live in France...( and have done so for a few years now ). I'm retired and whatever is decided over the next few weeks is incredibly important to me....and a few million others living in Europe. People like me will have to accept what Parliament/Government decides over the next few weeks and get on with the total disruption to our lives that it could bring. I can do that.

What is so deeply offensive on this thread is the pathetic comments made by regular posters on both sides of this national divide.

This forum has many posters....with many different views....and much 'informed' knowledge.

This thread has failed NSC,s usual high standards.

I am sad about that.

PS; I still pay my taxes to the UK government......

I'm afraid the thread that demonstrates how how badly the Tories have divided the country, its a long way back.

Trying to push through Brexit with 48/52 result with 2 countries in / 2 countries out, whilst trying to ignore a major International Peace agreement was never going to end well

As for personal abuse it is a bit sad, I just ignore these people, all they want is a response

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
The Labour party could and should have been clear with it's stated aims towards Brexit, before during and most definitely after the vote.

If Corbyn wanted his party to support leaving that's what he should have come out and said, campaigned on that premise and worked with the sitting government to bring about his stated aim.

The Labour Party isn't an innocent bystander in all this mess, it's almost equally responsible for it.

With respect, rubbish.

Labour voters are more split than the Tories, the members are hugely in favour of remaining, had he come out strongly one or the other, the party would have disintegrated. May has completely cut Labour out of the process, had she formed a cross party exit committee from the start, this outcome would have been a lot better.
When the member for North East Somerset with a majority of 10,000, has more influence than the Leader of the Opposition, with over half a million party members, there is something seriously wrong with the process.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh come on.

I even went back and added 'almost'.

Do you honestly think we'd still be in this exact position today, with a creditable, united, opposition party?

May and Corbyn have been dancing around 'mutually assured destruction' since the very beginning.
Of course the genesis of this shitestorm has nothing to do with the Labour Party, but the Labour Party have done precious little to stop it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
With respect, rubbish.

Labour voters are more split than the Tories, the members are hugely in favour of remaining, had he come out strongly one or the other, the party would have disintegrated. May has completely cut Labour out of the process, had she formed a cross party exit committee from the start, this outcome would have been a lot better.
When the member for North East Somerset with a majority of 10,000, has more influence than the Leader of the Opposition, with over half a million party members, there is something seriously wrong with the process.
Obviously I'm not explaining myself well here, because you're calling what I wrote as rubbish, and I'm in complete agreement with your reply.

Crobyn did neither and Rome is burning because the entire Labour Party isn't as vocal as an Etonian argument created by Farage who had his nose put out of joint x years ago by the Conservative central office.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here