Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion have issued lifetime bans to [three] supporters...

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
BBC have picked up the story now.

Total bellends deservedly banned and hopefully prosecuted.

But unfortunately, again, the tone of the announcements make the Amex seem like some sort of hooligans paradise, which it obviously is not.

It's not. Our fans are very good. Young ones get a bit lairy but I always remind myself that I was like that too. I'll never forget going to Plymouth once and one of their fans telling me Brighton was one of the safest places he had ever been to for a game. Made me pretty proud. Although PPF would be spitting blood.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Maybe I'm being naive but why would someone threaten to stab somebody if they hadn't got the means?

Because it’s for show and they’re pissed? :shrug

I’ve had people threaten to stab me on more than one occasion in drunken arguments, but I’ve never had a knife pulled on me.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Maybe I'm being naive but why would someone threaten to stab somebody if they hadn't got the means?

The attendee wouldn't know that though. In uncertainty such a threat could be pretty scary in the face of aggression.

It's astonishing that someone would say that. I guess it came from the Jack Daniels communication centre.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Think you are missing the Point. This publicity is given the impression that the Amex is not a safe place.

Actually it shows the opposite, that the club take it seriously and dish out the harshest penalties for any disorder.

Sounds safe to me

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Think you are missing the Point. This publicity is given the impression that the Amex is not a safe place.

If I was to make up that there was a stabbing at every place in Brighton where there has been an assault there wouldnt be many places you could be allowed to take your grandson.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
Does this happen every week, to some extent? Because it would be odd for it to happen with three separate incidents on one match and not on the others.

Maybe it was something about a cup match? The odd thing is that it all seemed very unthreatening last Saturday, unlike some other occasions.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Not sure why anyone is surprised. We (like all clubs) have always had plenty of bell ends claiming to be fans.

On the train back last night, what started as an apparently friendly debate about one of our defenders (guess who!) suddenly escalated to a full on threat that if the chap who was pro Bong (you’d guessed it hadn’t you !?) mentioned him one more time, it would kick off in a bad way (I’m paraphrasing)

Totally unnecessary. The guy was a total thug Mitchell brother lookalike and seriously needs help if he reckons acting this way is acceptable.
I don’t care how p1ssed off he was after the game - pathetic tossers like that shame this great club.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Awaits responses, from the usual, defending the indefensible.

'Not as reported' @ 2/1
'Self defence' @ Evens
'Extreme provocation by the steward' @ 6/4
'Misunderstanding' @ 7/2

From one of the BHA facebook groups. Not far off being able to claim the full ACCA :thumbsup:

You're all making judgements based on hearing one side of a story. I know about 1 of the incidents and it's nothing like what's been reported. I know the person involved with the stewards and people who witnessed the so called incident. This witness is as true Albion fan you'd ever meet and hates violence of any sort. He said it was disgusting how the lad was treated and totally unecessary. Suggest before you comment you hear the other side.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

No idea what goes on in the mind of such bellends, but in a bit of handbags during a Southampton League game last season, an opposition player told one of my team mates that he was ‘going to knife him’. I’m pretty sure he didn’t actually have a knife concealed in his football kit.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004

You’re pretty sensible TB but you’re a bit wide of the mark on this one. The majority of people who threaten to stab someone do not have a knife in these sort of circumstances. It’s mainly bravado.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
No idea what goes on in the mind of such bellends, but in a bit of handbags during a Southampton League game last season, an opposition player told one of my team mates that he was ‘going to knife him’. I’m pretty sure he didn’t actually have a knife concealed in his football kit.

I'm guessing you're talking of lower league footy.
If this is the case, it's like you have said, more of a veiled threat than an actual 'meant' action.
I don't know if you recall last season, when Woking played at Wealdstone, Martin Tyler was supposedly punched in the back, and they tried to blame the home fans.
I know a few Stones fans (with brains), and the whole thing was allegedly blown out of proportion.
More of a shove than a punch!

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Good points, to be fair.

I still think there’s a grey area there, especially if you mix alcohol in to the equation. There are a range of situations where the clubs reaction to the incident would be an overreaction but I wasn’t there so. I’ll trust the club with this one.

Barber’s tone doesn’t sound like over reaction, it sounds more totally pissed off!!!

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there

What about the handbag though? Easy to conceal in there. Bottle tops too.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You’re pretty sensible TB but you’re a bit wide of the mark on this one. The majority of people who threaten to stab someone do not have a knife in these sort of circumstances. It’s mainly bravado.

Good point.

However... if someone threatens to stab me (now, not next Tuesday) he's threatning to stab me. The fact he can't is no more salient than the fact he's a CU next Tusday.

Anyway, life ban and probable prosecution. Appropriate.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Good point.

However... if someone threatens to stab me (now, not next Tuesday) he's threatning to stab me. The fact he can't is no more salient than the fact he's a CU next Tusday.

Anyway, life ban and probable prosecution. Appropriate.

I totally agree. I’m not defending the bloke at all. Life ban is exactly what you deserve if you threaten to stab a steward - whether you have the means to or not. If he had the means to as well he should also be spending a bit of time in prison.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here