[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
I think we should book up to do Paris Roubaix next year. [MENTION=19321]Pogue Mahone[/MENTION] ?

Or how about the Tour of Flanders?

Maybe an NSC team?

Had a great trip down with [MENTION=10856]1066familyman[/MENTION] last year, would certainly be up for doing something similar next and be great to form a chain of geeks. Think i'd be more for the cheap option of a last minute day trip and ride down to velodrome again, weather permitting, literally hardly any expense or time off required, but wouldn't mind a go at cobbles on a cheap hack.

As it happens have just ordered one of these which I think would make quite a nice geeks jersey (if could only change pbk to bha !) but have liked their quality on other purchases.

http://www.probikekit.co.uk/sports-...-jersey-blue/11050249.html?variation=11050254

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bizarrely enough I was just looking at the Sportive.

I didn't realise it was a bi-annual event, next year then 2018.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Had a great trip down with [MENTION=10856]1066familyman[/MENTION] last year, would certainly be up for doing something similar next and be great to form a chain of geeks. Think i'd be more for the cheap option of a last minute day trip and ride down to velodrome again, weather permitting, literally hardly any expense or time off required, but wouldn't mind a go at cobbles on a cheap hack.

As it happens have just ordered one of these which I think would make quite a nice geeks jersey (if could only change pbk to bha !) but have liked their quality on other purchases.

http://www.probikekit.co.uk/sports-...-jersey-blue/11050249.html?variation=11050254

That's a quality top.

Jeep

Aug 1, 2003
"When put on the spot my goals for the Summer were to get back to having 100 mile legs, and ride Box Hill.
I'm sure I'll get to BH at some point, but that's proving tricky to find a date with Colin.
The hardest way from here is about 120 miles, so all of a sudden that's lost it's kudos."

If you fancy a BH ride then let's see if we can meet up when you do it. I can suggest a little tour of the Surrey Hills. We could (or may not!) take in the 100 climbs route up Leith, Whitedown, coffee at Domestique Cycle Cafe...

Some other fun stuff a little further afield "Barhatch Lane"

If you just go for BH I think you'll be disappointed as it isn't steep - the locals go for 5 BH Reps, now there's a thought....

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I'm 100% up for it.

As said my 'boyz' don't fancy it, and try as I might I'm not built for x hours of climbing.
After this weekend I'm seriously reeling from [MENTION=19321]Pogue Mahone[/MENTION]'s Nice trip. :bowdown:

It was brilliant. I think I did more climbing on day 2 than in last year's etape.

Shame that PR is bi-annual, it's a great sportive, if a little painful - I will never forget the huge blisters on my palms. L'etape...who wants to do that? Come on, you know it makes sense.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm clearly missing the joke here, why is bi-annual problem?

The Roubaix sportive is on next year.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If you fancy a BH ride then let's see if we can meet up when you do it. I can suggest a little tour of the Surrey Hills. We could (or may not!) take in the 100 climbs route up Leith, Whitedown, coffee at Domestique Cycle Cafe...

Some other fun stuff a little further afield "Barhatch Lane"

If you just go for BH I think you'll be disappointed as it isn't steep - the locals go for 5 BH Reps, now there's a thought....

Thanks, I'll keep you posted.
Yeah I know Box Hill isn't a 'proper' climb, but like most people since the Olympics it's obviously got a cache to it.
I think my mate Colin's route takes in all the BH local climbs, plus all of ours as well!

Barhatch doesn't seem to far from my 't'is grim up north' occasionally regular route, which usually tops out at Plaistow, so I might squeeze that in next time.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've been cycling (or walking) to work for a couple of weeks now. It's only about 9km each day, mostly around a big park on shared access paths, and pretty damn flat as well. Just enough to get my legs spinning again in preparation for the summer months.

Yay woodchip is back, woodchip is back.

How have you wintered, I assume it's finally stopped rockin & rollin down there?

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Yay woodchip is back, woodchip is back.

How have you wintered, I assume it's finally stopped rockin & rollin down there?
It's strange here at the moment. During the day yesterday it hit 21, but was 1 this morning. Meant to drop to -4 tonight, with a chance (very small chance) of snow at the weekend. Winter's still fighting to keep a hold on us.

Nothing untoward from mother nature in a while, touch wood.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's strange here at the moment. During the day yesterday it hit 21, but was 1 this morning. Meant to drop to -4 tonight, with a chance (very small chance) of snow at the weekend. Winter's still fighting to keep a hold on us.

Nothing untoward from mother nature in a while, touch wood.

Wow that's quite something, at least it's calmed down a bit now.

I'm not so sure about Strava, the moment I clicked on 'edit' all I saw was - delete club.
It got very 'Father Dougal' for a moment

Dougal.gif

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

Ah no. I don't think you are missing the joke. I think we were missing a year.

We will have read 2018 and seen that as the next one - missing out the whole 12 months of 2016.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

I haven't looked, but [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION] and I did it in 2013. So it should be in odd numbered years.

They do have another one in the in-between years, but that doesn't happen on the same weekend as the pro race, kinda defeating the object. Maybe that is the one you are talking about?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here