Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yeovil moved to Fri, live on sky

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Just whoring ourselves around for a bit of extra cash and screw the fans.
I am very very annoyed - the last game of the season should be a celebration and I'm sure I'm not the only one that can't go.

This is precisely what's happened to me: clashes with a concert in London and I wish I'd selected Saturday now! Must remember to block out 4 days for each weekend in future just in case!

*sigh*

The club is not "whoring itself around" any more than the other 91 other clubs in this country. ALL clubs take the Sky money, so ALL clubs fixtures are subject to change according to the Sky TV deal of which ALL clubs are signed up to.

Thats the way the game is structured these days. Sky TV plough the money into the game, so they call the shots when it comes to what they switch to broadcast. Whats the point of using this as a stick to beat the club with ?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Amazing how many people keep missing the point that this is NOT the clubs decision, its down to Sky and the Football League.

If you have booked rail tickets, you MAY be able to get a refund, but why you would buy travel (even if it is a bit cheaper) before dates are confirmed is beyond me.

I swear the same binfests occur EVERY time we get a televised game and its pretty much the same people moaning about it.

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset
If you have booked rail tickets, you MAY be able to get a refund, but why you would buy travel (even if it is a bit cheaper) before dates are confirmed is beyond me.

But when are dates confirmed? There aren't always FL matches being televised so at what time do we know Sky aren't sniffing about looking for something to fill their schedules.

Additionally the train tickets aren't 'a bit cheaper'. For me it's the difference with paying ~£30 rather than £72. But they are not refundable and need to be booked several weeks in advance.

I'm not blaming the club - but there must be better ways of allowing supporters to know when a match may move or indeed when it's locked in. Whether that comes from Sky or the club, I think it's in the clubs interest to keep the supporters aware to prevent all of this bad feeling.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
But when are dates confirmed? There aren't always FL matches being televised so at what time do we know Sky aren't sniffing about looking for something to fill their schedules.

Additionally the train tickets aren't 'a bit cheaper'. For me it's the difference with paying ~£30 rather than £72. But they are not refundable and need to be booked several weeks in advance.

I'm not blaming the club - but there must be better ways of allowing supporters to know when a match may move or indeed when it's locked in. Whether that comes from Sky or the club, I think it's in the clubs interest to keep the supporters aware to prevent all of this bad feeling.

Dates are confirmed when tickets go on sale (at least for away anyway). FL matches are shown EVERY matchday weekend on Sky, until they choose their matches (which get listed on the FL website). They are a bit cheaper, though it depends on when you book, but if you do need to book earlier, best to e-mail the club to get confirmation. Some TOCs do let you refund them, again you can e-mail them to check. The club would have found out yesterday and would have passed it on as soon as possible. The club cant exactly act anti-Sky either as they get a large chunk of cash from them.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
but why you would buy travel (even if it is a bit cheaper) before dates are confirmed is beyond me.

Whilst I don't have to buy train tickets for home games, I do for away games so I have every sympathy for those fans such as [MENTION=3738]GOM[/MENTION] and [MENTION=394]nail-Z[/MENTION] who've done their dough. I've bought advance tickets for 14 games this season and the only one we've lost out on was Blackburn to the tune of about £35. This nothing compared to the amount we've saved by buying advanced tickets instead of on the day fares.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Hawk , If you were a Sussex Exile like me and you had to travel by train to every home game and you buy advance tickets for every game ( which are non refundable ) I save about £30.00 a game on train fares by doing this and if you times that by say 20 home games that works out a considerable saving, so when Sky decide to change the dates you can see why we get pissed off as we have no means of getting our money back and also normally miss out on the game as well. It makes no difference to the club as they already have our money do they are non plussed by it and I am not blaming the club for this either

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Hawk , If you were a Sussex Exile like me and you had to travel by train to every home game and you buy advance tickets for every game ( which are non refundable ) I save about £30.00 a game on train fares by doing this and if you times that by say 20 home games that works out a considerable saving, so when Sky decide to change the dates you can see why we get pissed off as we have no means of getting our money back and also normally miss out on the game as well. It makes no difference to the club as they already have our money do they are non plussed by it and I am not blaming the club for this either

So if you are saving £690 over the season on advance fares, can the very occasional £30 hit not be considered part of the deal?

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea

Just wait till games on that weekend get announced for TV, they tend to announce them in blocks and a month to 6 weeks before. so you'll know when our game won't have a chance of being moved. With end of season games there's always a chance so why I don't know why anyone is surprised.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
There is a difference between "it's such sort notice" and "I can't get the best deals on train tickets this far out". It's not short notice (there's so much time between now and then that we can fit in 6 league games). I'm sorry you can't get the best price on train tickets.

But, again, the issue for me isn't people complaining about inconvenience (they have my sympathies - for what little that is worth, I'm sure). It's about some people thinking their inconvenience is more important than the club (and the tens of thousands of fans who can make it, and the probably tens of thousands who can't and would love to be able to watch it on TV), with some people thinking they shouldn't even try to arrange alternate travel plans before criticising the club for something that is largely out of their control, while claiming to be such loyal/important fans that the club should be bending over backwards for them. That the club should sacrifice significant income, go against contractual obligations so a (comparatively) small number of fans can make the game without inconvenience or spending more on travel. If that makes me smug, so be it.

Booking train tickets 12 weeks in advance is the only way to get the cheapest prices , if you leave it until a week before the game you can end up paying double the "early bird" price. It isn't only Albion fans living up north wanting cheap train tickets down to London , fans from other clubs are booking tickets too to go and watch their team plus the fact there are only a certain number of advanced price seats set aside for each journey with prices ascending according to demand.

Hometownglory

Jan 12, 2014
I love home games on TV. Shows the country and the world what a fantastic home we have. It could be game of real importance for both teams and a real cracker. Must admit though atmosphere at night games in nowhere near as good.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I swear the same binfests occur EVERY time we get a televised game and its pretty much the same people moaning about it.

Thing is, it's not though. Looking through this thread, attitudes seem to be definitely hardening, like the poster who had made plans to come down with a number of mates from Yorkshire for the Saturday, and now won't. Think the phrase 'never again' was used. Although there may seem to be an unlimited supply of people to take up the match tickets at the moment, the truth is there's a growing number of people who don't seem to be prepared to be kicked in the teeth by this late rescheduling more than once. These are real people, and real money that they've lost.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
A part of me hopes we never get to the Premier league not only will away games be ultra expensive ticket wise but train tickets will cost loads more

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
If we get to the premier league I will give it one season and if we get too many changed kick off times and dates I will bin my season ticket, I also hope that Sky TV don't see is as the new Leeds next season as that will also mess things up train ticket wise again !!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Some people don't seem to realize why Leeds are on Sky so often. They have the highest amount of fans in the league and because of former glories have lots of fans that have never been to Leeds. When they put them on the box they get the largest amount of viewers which pleases their advertisers. When they put us on against Yeovil they'll get very few viewers as neither club has lots of fans that won't go to the game. They only put the low view teams on just to shake it up and make it seem slightly fair.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Burnley v Ipswich - This is being televised tomorrow. Burnley certain to be in second place, Ipswich in with a shout of 6th
Birmingham v Leeds - Birmingham fighting relegation, Leeds nothing to play for
Bournemouth v Nottm Forest - Both in with a shout of 6th
Charlton v Blackburn - Charlton not completely out of relegation trouble, blackburn nothing to play for
Derby v Watford - Derby in the play offs, Watford with an outside shot at 6th
Doncaster v Reading - Doncaster fighting relegation, Reading fighting for 6th
Huddersfield v Leicester - Nothing riding on this
Middlesbrough v Barnsley - Middlesbrough nothing to play for, Barnsley fighting relegation
QPR v Millwall - QPR safe, Millwall fighting relegation
Sheff Wed v Bolton - Nothing riding on it
Wigan v Blackpool - Wigan still not shored up the play off spot, Blackpool fighting relegation

Figured I'd give this a bump to look at the fixtures now, see if any of the others would seem more important. I'd say Doncaster/Reading or Wigan/Blackpool would offer more importance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here