Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hughton

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
**** off you ****.

Today’s game was lost by Brighton’s ability to put away chances. Heaton made 4 excellent saves when the game was in the balance. Their first goal was a result of a defensive error, started by Murray loosing the ball. Their second was a very fortunate deflection and their third was a penalty... immediately after Brighton were denied a stonewall penalty. No fault of Chris.

You create your own luck. We started slowly and gross and locadia where useless. Again. Look forward to seeing them start again next match.

brighton_dave

Apr 13, 2016
March was injured - he tried to keep him on after half time but obvious straight away that he couldn't run off the problem so they made a quick change.

Fair enough I did wonder. We were bloody awful down the left so perhaps Ali J. Yep Bong got forward bit his final ball was beyond shocking...

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
**** off you ****.

Today’s game was lost by Brighton’s ability to put away chances. Heaton made 4 excellent saves when the game was in the balance. Their first goal was a result of a defensive error, started by Murray loosing the ball. Their second was a very fortunate deflection and their third was a penalty... immediately after Brighton were denied a stonewall penalty. No fault of Chris.

What you've also highlighted is that they scored 3 without really even trying. I suspect if we had scored they would have had more ambition to attack, like West Ham, and like Fulham.

We have the resistance of a poppadom.

And don't be so rude. I'm getting sick of this overly passionate defence of CH and Brighton. Grow up.

We were appalling today, again. I'll accept if and when we go down but as a club (and ever growingly important as a business being the financial game it is) we need to try and stay in the PL so the board might decide a change of manager might do that. I hope not, but it's possible to love CH, want him to stay and accept possible relegation and also know there may be a great deal more optimism and positivity if he were to be displaced. Who knows what the dressing room thinks, that will be the decider, but the next few games will tell us.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I can think of several teams who have freefalled from mid-season in recent seasons.

But great, as long as “statistics” says that’s not true then fab.
OK then, how many years since it last happened? (it's quite a few). Then maybe you can tell us al how often (not very) it actually happens, and who they were. It ain't common.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
What you've also highlighted is that they scored 3 without really even trying. I suspect if we had scored they would have had more ambition to attack, like West Ham, and like Fulham.

We have the resistance of a poppadom.

And don't be so rude. I'm getting sick of this overly passionate defence of CH and Brighton. Grow up.

We were appalling today, again. I'll accept if and when we go down but as a club (and ever growingly important as a business being the financial game it is) we need to try and stay in the PL so the board might decide a change of manager might do that. I hope not, but it's possible to love CH, want him to stay and accept possible relegation and also know there may be a great deal more optimism and positivity if he were to be displaced. Who knows what the dressing room thinks, that will be the decider, but the next few games will tell us.

I'm not sure we were appalling. We created some excellent chances. Heaton was inspired and Burnley as a whole were very good. Just a real shame that Dunk slipped when he did

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I'd like to see us go back to 4-4-1-1 with Gross behind Muzza, Propper taking Dale's place and Bissouma moving to Proppers role. This flat midfield three with Gross, Propper and Stephens is a horror show IMO and that change was a bit of a turning point in our form. We're on 1 win in 11, how can anyone defend CH NOT trying something different? I don't want him out, but he's open to criticism surely?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Chris has been in charge for a long time. The club, the player buys, squad, team selection, all of it is now his.

We outsmarted the others in the championship, and much to the surprise of many we stayed in the PL last season.

And we haven’t been too shabby this season.

But eventually if there is a weakness you get found out.

We are well drilled, very thoughtful. We have game plan that everyone understands. Including the opposition. Players are carefully selected to implement the plan.
Unfortunately you need to be disruptive, not predictable. We have no surprises. Disruptive strategy and play salvages weak sides (Palace, Everton…) and gives hope during duress.

If we go down, CH will get us back up in 1 or 2 seasons. Then what?

To paraphrase Albert Einstein, if you keep doing the same thing (every week) and expect a different outcome (from last time) , you are a ****ing idiot.

Sorry, but it is probably time to change the manager.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Where did I say Hughton out? I think you need to go back to school and learn to read my friend! And if there was anything to win unfortunately I think that will come when I collect my £550 winnings from betfair when we are bottom 3 in May.

If we do go down, it sounds like most Albion fans will have next year’s season ticket covered by their winnings after putting £20 on us at somewhere between 25-40s over the past couple of weeks!

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
Makes me laugh how people absolutely slate anyone who dares to challenge Hughton's decisions. You're 100% right OP. We have been terrible for quite a while, yet he still puts out the same godawful starting 11 week after week. I know I should have really learnt to expect it by now but I get more and more pissed off every week when it's the same shit AGAIN. Stephens over Bissouma? Locadia over Knockaert? Bong over Bernardo? These decisions are just baffling and it's no wonder we're hurtling towards relegation at this rate.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Hughton is a lower Premier League Manager at best.
We are lower Premier League at best - so, he's a good match for us; what's the problem? We're not going to get the likes of Klopp/Poch etc.

*Obviously not purely based on today's game as their keeper made 2 great saves, another cleared off the line plus howlers from the ref and linesman.
A very good point, one that is sadly being missed by the angry brigade tonight. Similar to the match against Watford with their GK having a great day - a point made by Dyche in his post match interview on Talksport.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Chris has been in charge for a long time. The club, the player buys, squad, team selection, all of it is now his.

We outsmarted the others in the championship, and much to the surprise of many we stayed in the PL last season.

And we haven’t been too shabby this season.

But eventually if there is a weakness you get found out.

We are well drilled, very thoughtful. We have game plan that everyone understands. Including the opposition. Players are carefully selected to implement the plan.
Unfortunately you need to be disruptive, not predictable. We have no surprises. Disruptive strategy and play salvages weak sides (Palace, Everton…) and gives hope during duress.

If we go down, CH will get us back up in 1 or 2 seasons. Then what?

To paraphrase Albert Einstein, if you keep doing the same thing (every week) and expect a different outcome (from last time) , you are a ****ing idiot.

Sorry, but it is probably time to change the manager.

I really hope that we wouldn’t sack Hughton if we got relegated.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Chris Hughton has just said, we are still learning in this league.
That is the right positive answer to the BT interviewer, who was trying to get him to say something controversial.
That is the class of the man.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here