Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What is the long term project of the club ????

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I will have to be but I really doubt we’ll do better than scrape a point from Huddersfield and I think Palace will turn us over. Both teams will chase us down and press us, we won’t be able to cope imo.

:shrug: .....that as maybe.........or maybe not...my point was 'if'...lets hope I am right and you aren't :)

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Is it to just stay up each year and pocket the money ? Or try and build the club up the table ?? Like Bournemouth .
Chris will keep us up but will never and I mean never progress the club forward like Eddie Howe has .
Chris is to set in his ways to change his philosophy now .

Eddie Howe progressed Bournemouth so far and fast that after his first season in the Prem (16th - obviously better than 15th ) - they had 15 points from their first 13 games in their 2nd having already lost to Boro and Sunderland. Oh well, we can dream.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Is it to just stay up each year and pocket the money ? Or try and build the club up the table ?? Like Bournemouth .
Chris will keep us up but will never and I mean never progress the club forward like Eddie Howe has .
Bmuff were mostly shit last season don’t get carried away.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
That as maybe......but the results still stand......those fine margins went our way ..another time they won't..but I'd also say they were hard fought

This.

Some post as if those wins don’t count. Football has always served up wins to teams who were inferior on the day, but defended brilliantly and nicked a win. Even some ManU sides under Fergie were outclassed, yet Schmeichal snr. made save after save, and they grabbed an unlikely winner.

It cuts both ways. We dominated Fulham ripping them apart on their visit until they scored, and against Cardiff the Sky commentary team tore apart the ineptitude of Cardiff against 10 men until their lucky pinball winner.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Build for the future...

...around Glenn Murray.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh Eddie certainly has some admirerers on this board...miracle worker! :lolol:

You understood that?

I assumed CJ was so overtyped having to leap around NSC defending the club, manager and team from all the nasty people, that he got himself a little flustered.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
We haven't recruited well enough and that means we never rotate the squad like other clubs ...still many from our championship season that just are not good enough.
Think the plan is to yoyo and the academy players to come through eventually.
We spent 60 million and that's really worrying as it seems wasted !!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The thing I don’t understand is Hughton highlighted how poor we were and seemed powerless to do anything. Has he lost the dressing room? Players not up to it? Or are his tactics too confusing or limiting ?

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
I think the long term aim of the club should basically be to be Celtic. Perform consistently well in domestic competition (ok, not walk the league every year because Scotland is a special case). Get into Europe. If we’re lucky, the top four. But Celtic have done that by spotting good players and selling them on. We’ve got the infrastructure in place to be like that. But it’s going to take bloody years. And I’m OK with that.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
On another note, if you were Aaron Connolly, would you sign another contract for a manager who plays that way with the talent at his disposal on the pitch and the bench? Would you ****.

D

Deleted member 18477

Assume it's just to stay in the premier league forever like the other 19 teams and finish as high up as possible whilst not going into debt?

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
As someone who is new to EPL and BHA, what does this mean? What is the difference between the club and the team? Thanks.
Someone told me that the Albion is the fastest growing employer in Sussex. For me the club is the infrastructure - the ownership, boardroom, facilities, long term plan, finances, community work. It's Paul Barber and the people behind the scenes. The team are the men on the pitch and CH and his assistants.

The club is definitely PL standard, not a doubt and it has developed massively even over the past year. The team hasn't improved so quickly and if something doesn't change the team will hold the club back.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset

Might have said the same thing after his first half season in Championship.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here