Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liverpool vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Sometimes you just have to stand back and admire the world-class football that the other team is playing.

At least, that's what I learned from our players today.

Yeah hope its not sacrilege to say i thought Liverpool were bloody brilliant today unfortunately. That match was VERY similar to our first home game against City where we looked plain scared to do anything and frequently gave the ball away to quickly in the 22% of the game when we had possesion. Its also really bizarre to see - in a few of the big games where our wingers are surrounded with the ball and start running back towards OUR goal and put us under so much pressure. I would rather they just think "feck this" and kick the ball out of play to give the team time to regroup.

Oh and on that subject i have NEVER seen any team play their throw-ins so quick as Liverpool - ball goes out of play - whoevers nearest grabs it and throws back in. none of this crap we usually play of A passes to B who gives it to C to throw in, by which time the whole of the opposition team surround our player and we dont know what to do with the ball so throw it backwards...Still enough moaning ...UTA :)

Next season we'll find out if March, Schelotto, Suttner and Locadia can cut it at PL level. Some may fall by the way side and move on. Some might surprise us. On Locadia my own instinct is that he'll never make it as a lone centre forward, able to combat giant/pacey PL centre halves, but CH may find his best position.

He isnt the first and wont be the last player who doesnt fit with our style of play.Clearly he MUST have had some skills for the club to pay out so much money for him. I hope that in pre-season we give him a good run in the squad to work out where best to use him OR cut our losses and let they player go / PSV would probably take him back..

Tweeting Seagull

Mar 27, 2018
Well Liverpool were pretty good, but of perspective is never a bad thing.

I find the soul searching a bit over dramatic. Like we didn’t know we’d get a few 3/4 goal hammerings this season?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
On Facebook, you get memories associated with the date.

This has just popped up from 13th May 2013.

We lost a football match. 15 years ago today I watched my Dad die. I know which is worse.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Not sure if this will brighton up you day but a lot of positive comments about the away support on the Kop today, plus a lot of relief that Brighton didn’t start layin the boot in when the Redmen went 3-0!
Great result for the reds today, but a great season was had both both great teams..
Roll on next year, and the 26/5!,,

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Not sure if this will brighton up you day but a lot of positive comments about the away support on the Kop today, plus a lot of relief that Brighton didn’t start layin the boot in when the Redmen went 3-0!
Great result for the reds today, but a great season was had both both great teams..
Roll on next year, and the 26/5!,,

Well done, and all the best versus Real Madrid. Did you get your half and half scarf?

https://twitter.com/johnnycburger/status/995608448992759808

[tweet]995608448992759808[/tweet]

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Still out fml

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The difference today was Liverpool's ability to run at us. We couldn't open them up. There were no runs from Locadia and neither Winger were ever free to receive the ball. We need fullbacks who have the pace and skill to run at the opposition opening up options and giving us more time on the ball. Today, we were so easy to close down.

Solly was behind Bong half the time meaning we stopped and turned backwards, and we lumped balls up to Locadia thinking he was Murray or Ulloa.....piece if piss for Van Dyke to collect and distribute.......so frustrating to watch.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
maybe even basis passing

Not enough pace or skill in the squad when pressed by better, faster more skilful players. It’s been the same all season. It will take a massive spend and selling of the club to players to rectify this. Won’t happen in the short term imo. Another season of scraping around trying to be better than three teams next year I believe. Fine by me.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Bad fan, I went to bed after the 2nd goal.
I could see what was coming and have to be up at 6am for work.
Roll on the inane closed season threads and the World Cup, these should fill the void.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here