Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
So no actual debunking of yellowhammer from you then? Just a repeated meltdown.

What are your projections and what are they based on? Is it Unicorns and the front page of The Sun? :facepalm:

No vile human being, quite the opposite, you can spout this crap until you are red in the eyes, however, life has habit of not believing bullshit eventually. You are talking bullshit.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Vile human being, the previous Chancellor of the Exchequer projected a fall in the economy 8 weeks after a Leave election. That worked too.

The point remains that there are risks attached to no deal.

So we leave, but with a deal.

Sensible compromise ?

Why are some people so desperate to run the risk ? I'm sure if we've coped for 40 years we can manage a little longer.

If they'd passed May's deal we'd be gone and have just 18 months to go before it was completely over.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
No vile human being, quite the opposite, you can spout this crap until you are red in the eyes, however, life has habit of not believing bullshit eventually. You are talking bullshit.

Asking you what your projection is and what it's based on is bullshit? It's perfectly simple. What is your analysis of what will happen in the event of no deal on 31 October and what have you based that outcome on?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Sensible compromise ?

Why are some people so desperate to run the risk ? I'm sure if we've coped for 40 years we can manage a little longer.

If they'd passed May's deal we'd be gone and have just 18 months to go before it was completely over.

Yes, sorry BL, I don't disagree. But if we don't get one we leave anyway. The commons have already voted down deals. Where do we go? We have to leave, it is what we wanted.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Asking you what your projection is and what it's based on is bullshit? It's perfectly simple. What is your analysis of what will happen in the event of no deal on 31 October and what have you based that outcome on?

I refer you vile human being to the answer I gave some moments ago (ex Chancellor).

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it.

Its almost like a mantra for PPF. I have this image of him sitting on top of Ditchling Beacon in an orange gown, rocking back and forth, whipping himself in sequence. 'Leave means leave... leave means leave'.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
If you need any help to prove that you are by far the most ignorant of people, watch tonight's Newsnight.
It's almost finished so watch it on iPlayer.
In fact if anyone on here did not watch it I strongly suggest you do.
It's not BBC bias as you will see.

You lost me at abuse.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
But surely HWT, surely, surely, surely, you can see that we made a decision. Johnson is the ONLY person that has come forward and say he will do it. We have dithered for three years and got nowhere. As soon as someone says they'll do it non democrats are up in arms. I did not vote for a deal or a no deal, I voted to leave the EU, that was my choice and that's what I voted. That is what I want to see happen.

The decision was ill informed. Misleading information from the leave campaign and abject failure by Remain to back up their arguments and explain how the EU actually works.

When you voted to leave, with or without a deal, did you know what the economic and social consequences could be?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Its almost like a mantra for PPF. I have this image of him sitting on top of Ditchling Beacon in an orange gown, rocking back and forth, whipping himself in sequence. 'Leave means leave... leave means leave'.

Sadly I thought you were a bit more sensible, my bad.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
The decision was ill informed. Misleading information from the leave campaign and abject failure by Remain to back up their arguments and explain how the EU actually works.

When you voted to leave, with or without a deal, did you know what the economic and social consequences could be?

His type don't know anything except they think "Leave means leave" and they are wrong about that, too.

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
Yes, sorry BL, I don't disagree. But if we don't get one we leave anyway. The commons have already voted down deals. Where do we go? We have to leave, it is what we wanted.

You put it back to the people.
A: here is our negotiated deal.
B: leave. Here are the outcomes of this with some projections- yellowhammer.
C: Remain as we are. A Germany+++. We have the same deal as Germany, but no schengen and no single currency.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

The way I see it we have one. It just seems that some in authority want the nuclear approach.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

No, but we still don't know, this really is a fear factor built in by non democrats. When we leave, and assuming our economy is ok, I will love to see you lot come back and say you were wrong. If our economy does take a dive I too will hold my hands up.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

Sensible compromise ?

Yes, but you need to read up on the vision of Rees Mogg, Raab etc.. Leaving the EU is a means to an end and the news today about opening up non EU immigration is part of the package.

Sent from my BTV-DL09 using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I refer you vile human being to the answer I gave some moments ago (ex Chancellor).

You didn't say what YOUR projections were at all. You said (somewhat disingenuously, because there certainly were economic issues around the Leave result, particularly around GDP and the falling pound) that he was wrong. But what's your take on petrol prices, food shortages, medical shortages, border queues and Northern Ireland.

HOW HARD CAN IT BE? Project means project.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It seems the Yellowhammer documents have quite a lot of positive spin and are nowhere near worst case.

We really need the Black Swan worst case documents released so we can properly prepare, even at this late stage.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
You put it back to the people.
A: here is our negotiated deal.
B: leave. Here are the outcomes of this with some projections- yellowhammer.
C: Remain as we are. A Germany+++. We have the same deal as Germany, but no schengen and no single currency.

The problem is the average Joe is not as informed as those who are paid to know better. The public shouldn't be asked to decide based on campaigning propaganda.

I've listened to folk who reject the deal but in all honesty know little of it. They've just listened to its hype. Unless you read all 550 pages how are you in a position to judge ? That's what parliament is for.

That's why there should never have been a referendum in the first place.

But anyway, it is what it is.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
You didn't say what YOUR projections were at all. You said (somewhat disingenuously, because there certainly were economic issues around the Leave result, particularly around GDP and the falling pound) that he was wrong. But what's your take on petrol prices, food shortages, medical shortages, border queues and Northern Ireland.

Oh sorry vile human being, were your comments your projection?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Oh sorry vile human being, were your comments your projection?

Yeah, thought not, tosser.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here