Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Sir Geoffrey Boycott

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Am I right in remembering that Boycott complained he couldn't understand what was coming on during his French trial, as nobody was speaking English!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Proof if ever it was needed that she should never have been Prime Minister.
What the flippin eck goes on in that woman's head.
Absolutely chuffin useless and has left a whole load of problems in her wake, like police and prison wardens numbers for example.
She really makes my piss boil, With Johnson there is now no need for me to use the kettle.

[tweet]1171356601690857472[/tweet]

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
There are lots of Lords, Earls, Dukes and Sirs that have done time for illegalities. Are we dropping them from their peerage? Ummm no. We currently have a Prince that is being scrutinised.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
There are lots of Lords, Earls, Dukes and Sirs that have done time for illegalities. Are we dropping them from their peerage? Ummm no. We currently have a Prince that is being scrutinised.

The whole gong thing is bollocks and no one with any self respect would want one anyway, but in relation to Boycott, your post sounds like veiled support for him i.e. why can’t this woman abuser have one if others with skeletons in their closets can? Sure that’s not your intention by the way, just the way it reads.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Stating the flipping obvious, titles are inherited whereas honours are bestowed.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
The whole gong thing is bollocks and no one with any self respect would want one anyway, but in relation to Boycott, your post sounds like veiled support for him i.e. why can’t this woman abuser have one if others with skeletons in their closets can? Sure that’s not your intention by the way, just the way it reads.

No, I really have no time for kiddy fiddlers, wife beaters and the general ilk, I really don't. But I'm sure Ian Botham got accused of the same some time back in the 80s? And a whole host of others. So if they are going to be fair about it, GB deserves the gong as much as anyone else. In fact lets call 'Sirs' wife beaters instead.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I seem to remember James Bond 1, Sean Connery also got court time for wife beating. Although to be fair I don't think he's been knighted yet.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
No, I really have no time for kiddy fiddlers, wife beaters and the general ilk, I really don't. But I'm sure Ian Botham got accused of the same some time back in the 80s? And a whole host of others. So if they are going to be fair about it, GB deserves the gong as much as anyone else. In fact lets call 'Sirs' wife beaters instead.

Ian Botham married his wife in 1976 and is still married to her. I can't find any evidence of domestic abuse. He's smoked pot, and been banned from driving a couple of times.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Ian Botham married his wife in 1976 and is still married to her. I can't find any evidence of domestic abuse. He's smoked pot, and been banned from driving a couple of times.

Fair enough, I must be getting old. However taking drugs is less of an offence? They all have their skeletons.

Mick Jagger comes to mind.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Fair enough, I must be getting old. However taking drugs is less of an offence? They all have their skeletons.

Mick Jagger comes to mind.

I'd certainly say that smoking pot is far less of an offence than knocking seven bells out of your doris, yes.

They're awarding knighthoods, not sainthoods.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd certainly say that smoking pot is far less of an offence than knocking seven bells out of your doris, yes.

But both are less of an offence than using the word doris to someone other than a Doris. :lolol:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

I agree with that as well. But it is anomalies within the system I am really talking about.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I do wonder if Mr Boycott knows how he comes across when he does his "professional Yorkshireman" (aka tw@t) act. It must be really wearing to have to be quite so rude and offensive to everybody all the time.

It maybe he is what he is and doesn't care - which is just as unpleasant.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Proof if ever it was needed that she should never have been Prime Minister.
What the flippin eck goes on in that woman's head.
Absolutely chuffin useless and has left a whole load of problems in her wake, like police and prison wardens numbers for example.
She really makes my piss boil, With Johnson there is now no need for me to use the kettle.
The more i think about May wanting to knight Boycott, the more i think its her leaving a massive unflushed turd for Boris to clear up. I bet Teresa has been chuckling to herself all day

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Nasty little man. How does someone like him get a knighthood - even less deserving than Philip Green ( I refuse to use his full title ).

I always took the stories with a pinch of salt until the former Mrs W ended up serving him in a posh Cuckfield restaurant. He constantly berated the female companion with him, touched up the waitresses and was down right rude to the former Mrs W ( he's lucky because she has a mean right hook ! ). So much so, all the female staff were removed from serving him and his table was served by male staff instead. Oh, and he's a pisshead, an utter pisshead with a "Do you know who I am ?" attitude.

May should be ashamed of herself.

I often disagree with you on another thread (which you'll know), but on this posting I think you've utterly nailed it. There are few things in life more enjoyable than having your prejudices totally vindicated!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here