Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Merry Christmas everyone!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Sold my 7plus last month for a refurbed XR which was in pristine condition .....knowing there was no way i could afford any new one that comes out (i’m a sim only person)......i’m Interested in whether they update the watch, currently on series 2 and wouldn’t mind upgrading to the 4 at a reduced price.

By the way there is quite a speed difference when you do eventually sell your 7plus

I've become very conscious of over-consumption and buying stuff I just don't need.

Whilst I certainly won't pretend that I'll never buy something that I don't absolutely need, I'd be surprised if Apple are able to persuade me to upgrade this time round. I did buy the first X and bought it home but then just thought "I really don't need to spend £1000 in this way" (I'm SIM only too) and took it back again.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I just like the fact that my current iPhone will be even more powerful due to yet another software update. Whilst all of those LOSERS on Android will be stuck on whatever version they had when they bought their phone from Argos.
But don’t do any OS updates if you don’t want to install malware provided by Apple that will destroy your battery life and render the device almost completely inoperable through slowness.
Roll that dice. More powerful, or bricked, which will you get!

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
I'm on a 6, still working fine after a battery upgrade but seems as though is going to start becoming obsolete after ios13 is released. Borderline tempted though to take the plunge with an 11, will see what is announced.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yes, it's that day of the year we all wait for with great anticipation..

It's the day that makes even grumpy old men feel like small children, eager to see what Santa has in his sack.

Santa, or Tim Cook as he is otherwise known, will take to the stage of the Steve Jobs Theater at Apple Park in Cupertino at 6pm BST today, Tuesday, to unveil the greatest phones the world has ever seen (until we do this all again in 2020 anyway).

The iPhone 11 Pro, the iPhone 11 Pro Max and the iPhone 11 are all expected to be revealed and, I'm sure, all manner of surprise goodies.

What are YOU most excited about?

Crodo needs to look out, his crown is under threat

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I've had an iPhone 7 Max for a couple (maybe a few) years now, and I broke free of the cycle of 'must get the latest' at that point. I still have it.

Unless 'Three' target me with a good offer, I'll carry on as I am. I think we roughly reached 'peak phone' a while ago, now it's just the small enhancements which make the differences.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I've had an iPhone 7 Max for a couple (maybe a few) years now, and I broke free of the cycle of 'must get the latest' at that point. I still have it.

Unless 'Three' target me with a good offer, I'll carry on as I am. I think we roughly reached 'peak phone' a while ago, now it's just the small enhancements which make the differences.

Agreed. Tis a folly. 2015 models are more than enough for me. And much cheaper to buy when a phone conks out.

Scotchegg

Sep 1, 2014
Brighton
Been using a galaxy Note 8 for the last 2 years, but keeping close eyes on this. I hope apple do something worth buying this year as I'm balls deep in the apple ecosystem elsewhere, but I had to go note 8 last time because the iphone was an absolute joke. Just some innovation somewhere please. If not I'll be picking up a note 10 this evening instead.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Been using a galaxy Note 8 for the last 2 years, but keeping close eyes on this. I hope apple do something worth buying this year as I'm balls deep in the apple ecosystem elsewhere, but I had to go note 8 last time because the iphone was an absolute joke. Just some innovation somewhere please. If not I'll be picking up a note 10 this evening instead.

In what way was it a joke?

Regardless, based on that, I think you're going to be disappointed.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Does this new model have wing mirrors and indicators?
For when I am walking down the busy high street trying to walk in a straight line.

Good idea there. A reversing like sensor beeping when you are texting, not looking where you are going. If you are about to walk into an old lady with her shopping, or get squished by a 7.5 tonne vehicle crossing without paying attention.

Then again, there is natural selection.....

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
I don't like apple generally and have a Omsung s8+ which is very good and see no immediate need to upgrade to anything else of any persuasion.

My father in law is a apple nut and wont hear a bad word said but it annoys me that the ipad air 3 is just so bloody good. It is light, thin, powerful and stunning, its my favourite bit of tech. will never get the matching phone as I wont give the in laws the satisfaction. Oh and also I am not a ****.

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
402665001547178225.JPG.jpg

Android and Samsung are kings

Sent from my s10 :O

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I don't like apple generally and have a Omsung s8+ which is very good and see no immediate need to upgrade to anything else of any persuasion.

My father in law is a apple nut and wont hear a bad word said but it annoys me that the ipad air 3 is just so bloody good. It is light, thin, powerful and stunning, its my favourite bit of tech. will never get the matching phone as I wont give the in laws the satisfaction. Oh and also I am not a ****.
Try out an Omsung Galaxy Tab S(4 is the latest, I think) - definitely the equal of any iPad (albeit possibly more expensive!)

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
If the leaks are genuine, the new cameras on the back look downright horrendous.

And, being a third iteration of the current model is a bit cheeky by Apple.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Newest is the Tab S6. I went for the 5Se. Very happy with it.

Bloody hell, time flies - we're still using our Galaxy Tab S (now 5 years old, I note), albeit mainly just for my daughter to watch Netflix and play CBeebies games. We were thinking of buying her a new tablet for Christmas to replace it but have decided to just buy a new 'kids' case for it, as none of the cheaper current tablets are actually as good!

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
I'm on the iPhone upgrade program so I can get the latest and greatest (if I choose) to upgrade. My XS MAX has been relatively fault free and can't think I'd be needing more... Always easily tempted though. I love new tech. Apple watch Series 5 might find a home on my wrist too soon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here