Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Whose excited and nervous ?

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
As I approach my 53rd season supporting this club I’m still as nervous ( and excited) as I was all those years ago. If we win I’ll be out in Shoreham for a few pints and a curry and if we lose I’ll go to bed before match of the day starts. I wish sometimes I could be cured....... but there is no cure is there ? All the hurt goes away when you get THAT result and no drug makes you feel that good as a late winner.

Oh well here we go again.

UTA

My 53 season too! Feel exactly the same.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Who's not whose.

But yes I'm very excited.

Snowflake

Jan 11, 2018
Yes, very much so. Just turned 50 you think I wouldn't care. I really hope Gpot gets the best out of everyone and 3 games in we have 9 points. Pragmatism states that ain't going to happen. 17th at a scrape will do me for this year.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I wish sometimes I could be cured....... but there is no cure is there ? All the hurt goes away when you get THAT result and no drug makes you feel that good as a late winner.

I was chatting about this with a Liverpool supporting colleague at work earlier this week. He's a fresh faced 26 year old. He had no idea Hereford 97 had ever happened and I had to explain it to him. And then came my confession. I'm still essentially chasing that moment. We've had dozens of great moments since then. Hundreds even. Still nothing compares to the tiny moment frozen in time when Reinelt got to that rebound.

The season is about to begin again. I'm hugely excited and nervous, just the same as the OP, but I still can't quite imagine anything topping that moment. I'm basically a sanitised equivalent of a heroin addict, chasing that first high. Football makes addicts of us all.

Positively tumescent.

Bravo :bowdown:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I'm looking forward to this season more than any other just because all these years had been geared to this moment where Bloom is confident to go all in, and he has the man that he believes in at the helm.

At the end of the day surviving the Prem isn't enough, it has to also be entertaining.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I'm looking forward to this season more than any other just because all these years had been geared to this moment where Bloom is confident to go all in, and he has the man that he believes in at the helm.

At the end of the day surviving the Prem isn't enough, it has to also be entertaining.
Not trying to rain on your parade but that's pretty much the position Bloom and the club were in this time last year.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Not trying to rain on your parade but that's pretty much the position Bloom and the club were in this time last year.

But they didn't know CH would fear failure to the point it affected him, the team, the club and many thousands of people all over the county, and beyond. I certainly never saw it coming. It was dire football, we all realise that now, surely? Will Potter revert to the same? I can't see it happening. Not to say he will be a success, he may sink, but you have to support the man until you have reason not to.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
But they didn't know CH would fear failure to the point it affected him, the team, the club and many thousands of people all over the county, and beyond. I certainly never saw it coming. It was dire football, we all realise that now, surely? Will Potter revert to the same? I can't see it happening. Not to say he will be a success, he may sink, but you have to support the man until you have reason not to.

I am supporting the man. But I am struck with the similar comments made at the fans forum to this time last year. I think we'll do better this year but I won't take it for granted. I do think we have bought better players in this transfer window.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I am supporting the man. But I am struck with the similar comments made at the fans forum to this time last year. I think we'll do better this year but I won't take it for granted. I do think we have bought better players in this transfer window.

I am in agreement and I haven't watched the fans forum, I find them terribly dull, same questions every year, hence the same answers. Think I watched 2016 and it probably hasn't changed. Board members are no different from politicians when it comes to babble talk. I am excited with our new players, assuming they actually get used, and by the GP formation changes during games and that it has shown our players can adapt without shitting themselves. Can't wait for later :smile:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If we win I’ll be out in Shoreham for a few pints and a curry and if we lose I’ll go to bed before match of the day starts. I wish sometimes I could be cured....... but there is no cure is there ?
No, there's no cure. At least not one that involves continuing to live.

I'm a mixture of excited and nervous, while trying to remember that whichever way the game goes tomorrow, it won't make or break the season. If we win it won't suddenly be proof that GP is the messiah, and if we get stuffed it won't suddenly mean that changing manager was the worst decision ever.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Whose excited and nervous ?

I am both its either going to crash and burn which makes me very nervous or fly which obviously would be very exciting

I was in the CH camp it might not have always been easy on the eye but it did get us promoted and kept us up two seasons running.

TB made a very difficult decision he's a professional gambler appointed GP and thrown money at this project today is the first real chance to see if this thing will fly for real while pre game I can't sleep its 03:00 excited and nervous

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I am in agreement and I haven't watched the fans forum, I find them terribly dull, same questions every year, hence the same answers. Think I watched 2016 and it probably hasn't changed. Board members are no different from politicians when it comes to babble talk.
Now steady on. I think it was actually a little more interesting this year. We got the chance to hear candidly from the new manager, but the best bit was from Bloom. Just two years ago he said the goal was to stay up, and gave the impression that that's all the goal would be for the foreseeable future. But this time he said the goal now is to become a top 10 team. Not this season, but that is the aim, just as 7 years ago the aim was to become a Premier League team.

That's great news. I was totally happy with the idea that we might become a yoyo club, and that surviving in the PL each year would be hard with more than our share of losses. To hear that we're aiming for better than that (with all the investment that entails) is fantastic.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Excited but not nervous for some strange reason. Gone are the days when I panicked at every corner awarded against us. We have come a long way since our home defeat at the hands of Citeh 2 years ago. Slate is wiped clean after last season. New and exciting signings, mojo at at 10. Bring on Watford. Hope I'm still this frivolous at 2000 today.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here