Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Youssef En-Nesyri

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
The text to the article translates as follows:

"Youssef En-Nesyri, 22-year-old Moroccan international striker from Leganés, has decided to say no to the Premier League and reject the offer that the English Brighton had offered him. The British moved to Butarque a week ago an offer of 20 million euros in a single payment that the Lega did not see with bad eyes after rejecting the two previous proposals: one of 15 million in a single payment and another of 20 in two different payments .

Despite the attractiveness of the proposal for Lega and for the battering ram, the club has moved into conversations with the player in recent days to show his desire to continue and to make him understand his importance in the project. The dialogue has worked. In Nesyri he believes that it is better to continue in Leganés than to go to Brighton. It looks more important here than there. His march to the Islands this summer is ruled out unless he tries to surprise Brighton himself, who does not seem to be trying to make new efforts for En Nesyri. The English are already looking for alternatives. Thursday will close the market in the English league"

Good stuff. Leganés can get relegated this season and we can get him for a snip next summer a la Andone.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Obviously 1st choice there. Not necessarily here with our strike force.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
We want players who want to be here. Not worried in the slightest, George Puscas would be an intriguing alternative.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Well personal terms were sounded out. I suppose you want to create a bunch of other excuses as to why he has rejected us?

My take on a (badly) translated article is that Laganes have talked him into staying.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
sounded to me like him and his agent were using a move as a way to get a contract extension . All of that stuff he was posting was very strange

Move on , did seem a bit of a bell end to be taking to twitter like he did.

Shame though as looked decent

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Well personal terms were sounded out. I suppose you want to create a bunch of other excuses as to why he has rejected us?

Why would I need excuses? Get a grip man, really it’s weird. Maupay looks all set to sign, which by all means looks like a cracking signing, exactly the targets we should be going for. If we don’t think this guy is worth what we want to pay, or his attitude towards joining us doesn’t fit our policy then kudos to the club for not getting drawn in to overpaying. Sensible business.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Probably got his improved contract. Which he was after I reckon.

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin

So this is the clubs fault?

Another means of bashing the club! Got one chap who claims the club doesn't know what it's doing, this chap reckons there'll be excuses as to why he rejected us... what's next; global warming is Paul Barber's fault?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
So this is the clubs fault?

Another means of bashing the club! Got one chap who claims the club doesn't know what it's doing, this chap reckons there'll be excuses as to why he rejected us... what's next; global warming is Paul Barber's fault?

Well, it must be, Shirley!? ;-)

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Why would I need excuses? Get a grip man, really it’s weird. Maupay looks all set to sign, which by all means looks like a cracking signing, exactly the targets we should be going for. If we don’t think this guy is worth what we want to pay, or his attitude towards joining us doesn’t fit our policy then kudos to the club for not getting drawn in to overpaying. Sensible business.

Early signs we haven’t offered him enough either. A Championship striker :whistle:

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Sounds like agent led brinkmanship to me. The threat of a new contract to get us back to the table with another offer.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Shame I hoped this was a goer.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
I saw this the other day, so ive not given up on this just yet..

'Morocco striker Youssef En-Nesyri has been left furious after his club Leganes rejected a large bid from Brighton and stood in the way of his Premier League dream.
The La Liga club are determined to get as much cash as possible for the 22-year-old, despite there being just one week remaining in the transfer window.
After learning of his club snubbing the offer, En-Nesyri took to social media to post a series of furious messages - which he has since deleted'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here