Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many countries have you been to and which is your favourite?

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
agree re the Philippines. Got up to Bolinao recently a great drive up through Luzon, also Puerta Galera this year on Mindoro, easy trip from Manila. But theres plenty more. Fantastic country.

oh. And 46 for the record.

Phillippines for me is much better than Thailand and less spoilt by the Lonely Planet crowd, Manila has a charm if you get out and about and aren't bothered by noise and traffic. Once you get out and about in the provinces it is a lovely place to be, been going there for 20 years now and still like it

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
South Africa
Singapore
Malaysia
Costa Rica
USA
Scotland
New Zealand
France
Australia
Fiji
Cook Islands
Finland
Estonia
Holland
Greece
Spain
Neverneverland

Godstar

Jan 18, 2012
Sodom..or is it Gomorrah!
44 not including Home Counties & have counted some as one country (which they were when i visited) Yugoslavia etc.
Favourites atm are Fiji & Peru although i'm no way finished travelling yet!

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Ex RN, so a far few. Favourite is probably Kenya
Finland
Russia

Latvia
Germany
Sweden
Norway
Denmark
Holland
France
Belgium
Ireland
Scotland
Wales
Spain
Portugal
Gibraltar
Monaco
Morocco
Tunisia
Algeria
Egypt
Cyprus
Malta
Turkey
Greece
Italy
Djibouti
Oman
UAE
Yemen
Pakistan
India
Singapore
Hong Kong
Philippines
Brunei
Australia
Falkland Islands
USA
Kenya
Czech Republic

Small islands Corsica, Sardinia, Sicily

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
What did you make of Uganda? I went three times in 2005/06 on mission trips, absolutely loved the scenery and the people. A lot easier for you to visit l guess, with it beiing just across the border from you.

Really liked Uganda but I only went for a 3 day trip (only a one hour flight from Nairobi). I want to go back to see other parts such as Jinga and also see the gorillas.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
A few people putting Hong Kong and Gibraltar as countries, is that right?

A few others putting Dubai as a country, that definitely is not right!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Phillippines for me is much better than Thailand and less spoilt by the Lonely Planet crowd, Manila has a charm if you get out and about and aren't bothered by noise and traffic. Once you get out and about in the provinces it is a lovely place to be, been going there for 20 years now and still like it

From the Cliftonville to Manila, you never cease to amaze us Ernest. Is it possible to get a full English there?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
A few people putting Hong Kong and Gibraltar as countries, is that right?

A few others putting Dubai as a country, that definitely is not right!

Yes, l listed Dubai as well as the United Arab Emirates, my mistake, Dubai IS one of the United Arab Emirates!

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Been to 31. Japan was my favourite with honourable mentions to Equatorial Guinea and Namibia. Ecuador itself was pleasant enough but the Galapagos Islands specifically could be my favourite place on Earth.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Been to 31. Japan was my favourite with honourable mentions to Equatorial Guinea and Namibia. Ecuador itself was pleasant enough but the Galapagos Islands specifically could be my favourite place on Earth.

Wowzers, now that is a good list. Would love to do Galapagos.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
About 40 ish I think. Best is Argentina, followed by Cambodia, Brazil and New Zealand. Worst is probably Belgium. Most overrated is Australia.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Galapagos are just ridiculous. Amazing, amazing place. Would love to go back.

SeeGoals

Bloom’n Marvellous
Jan 22, 2009
Horsham by the sea
Not a vast list and I can't think of anymore, some have been visited on more than 1 occasion though!

1. Australia
2. Singapore
3. USA
4. France
5. Turkey
6. Greece (Mainland and Crete)
7. Spain (Tenerife and Ibiza)
8. Republic of Ireland
9. Northern Ireland
10. Wales

Australia has to be my favourite, travelled across WA, ACT, QLD, NSW and VIC so got to see quite a bit, I'd say WA was the best.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Have to say Switzerland or maybe Menorca are my favourites.

What do you like about Switzerland? Apart from the skiing it has always struck me as a pretty uninteresting country. Am I being unfair?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Cuba is top of my wish list. I want to go there before it changes too much.

Went twice in 1998 and 1999. First time for 2 weeks in Havana and then 3.5 weeks back-packing across the island from west to east with [MENTION=1699]London Calling[/MENTION] (if anyone remembers him) and [MENTION=24354]Cesar Chavez[/MENTION]. I understand it has changed a lot since my time though. It was a real experience and we got up to a lot of interesting and at times quite bizarre stuff e.g. I actually got to drive the Santa Clara Santiago express train.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here