Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Schools 4 Climate Action - great turn out in Brighton

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Unfortunately I can now see that it has been hijacked by the Green Party. As if they own the moral high ground on climate change?

I am no fan of any party but the New Rampion offshore windfarm wasn't down to the Greens, the i360 was.

The strike has been turned into a political point scoring joke with someone leading it with "Punch" a Nazi painted on the back of their jacket. :lolol:

How would any major renewable infra-structure be down to the Greens?

The i360 was conceived and submitted for planning in 2006, LA then minority led by Labour. Work on the sections started in 2008, then minority led by Tories. It was well under way by the time the Greens led the minority council in 2011.

Perhaps more education would help? I looked up to confirm the dates in about 2mins. :thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

The i360 was conceived and submitted for planning in 2006, LA then minority led by Labour. Work on the sections started in 2008, then minority led by Tories. It was well under way by the time the Greens led the minority council in 2011.

Perhaps more education would help? I looked up to confirm the dates in about 2mins. :thumbsup:

Hey Bold, you appear to be sinking in a rinsing tide....

...oh. :lol:

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
And the 1 billion Africans continuing to produce kids at an alarming rate so that each family has even more mouths that can't be fed. You really couldn't make it up. We're starving, we've got no money, we've got no prospects, we've got no food. What shall we do? Oh I know let's have another child. Irresponsible, ignorant, hopeless.

You really couldn't make it up that you can write that and call other people ignorant.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Why would I want to 'like' that scenario..... don't be fatuous.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

On what basis do you think 'its past tipping point' then, and actually what does that even mean?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Unfortunately I can now see that it has been hijacked by the Green Party.

Oh shit ..... now you've really gone and done it .... TLO won't ever have a bad thing said about his beloved Green Party .... you're for the arrogant reply from him now matey :thumbsup:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Oh shit ..... now you've really gone and done it .... TLO won't ever have a bad thing said about his beloved Green Party .... you're for the arrogant reply from him now matey :thumbsup:

... says the bloke who writes an endless stream of arrogant replies. :facepalm:

You really can't help focussing these things back on yourself, can you?

Meanwhile, see post #122. It wasn't posted by me.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

As I said; I am no fan of any party but the i360 disaster was in fact pushed through with vigour under Jason Kitcat. The works around the West Pier and the working arches were all due for renovation works because they were in disrepair was the major work, and a few sections of steel cans being fabricated before any money was raised doesn't justify the Greens pushing it through especially at £36m that has now risen to £46m and no payments made. :thumbsup:

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Impressive indeed, would be more impressive if they did it on a Saturday instead of missing out on a days vital education.

If you’re seriously suggesting that standing up against the current climate crisis is less important than a day in school (on the last day of half term no less) then you need to re-evaluate a few things. And I say this as a teacher.

Last edited:

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
As I said; I am no fan of any party but the i360 disaster was in fact pushed through with vigour under Jason Kitcat. The works around the West Pier and the working arches were all due for renovation works because they were in disrepair was the major work, and a few sections of steel cans being fabricated before any money was raised doesn't justify the Greens pushing it through especially at £36m that has now risen to £46m and no payments made. :thumbsup:

No, sorry, all that work was all permitted and proposed before JK took control. You said the Greens were responsible for the i360, they weren't. Yes, it was a Green led minority council when they were asked to help fund the scheme when it got into trouble, which required voting support from the other parties for that to be ratified with the council who were put between a rock and a hard place.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
On the plus side, im going to encourage the kids to strike for a week instead of just one day just before the holidays start. Flights to Orlando are way cheaper if you can beat the end of term school rush.......probably more environmentally friendly as well going on a less busy plane full of children snotting and wheezing everywhere.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
I love the attitude of suggesting people are hypocrites because one the one hand the protest climate change and on the other they partake in societal things which are damaging to the environment. Boiled down it means if ‘you’re not doing EVERYTHING you can’t do or say ANYTHING’. It’s a lazy argument designed to make themselves feel better for doing nothing. It’s the equivalent of saying there’s no point making murder illegal because it doesn’t stop all murders.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Not a grammar teacher then? I will have to mark you down in the morning for your simple error :)

It’s almost as if I’m human :eek:

Moreover, I’ve read that paragraph several times and I can’t spot a mistake. Pray tell what, exactly, is my mistake?

Last edited:

Albion Prem

Nov 23, 2018
Lindfield
Brilliant to see so many youngsters being politically engaged and taking an interest in their future (and a bunk off school...).

They are being left with a tough legacy of a decade of austerity, a political transformation in our relationship with our neighbours, antipathy toward the real challenges facing the planet. As Peter Kay would say, they are the future. :)

So well done the protestors across the country.:clap2:

They are in school to learn and at this stage they are acting in ignorance and the opportunity to miss a day schooling seems to them to be the upper most thought,i cant believe that their parents have supported their actions

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
No, sorry, all that work was all permitted and proposed before JK took control. You said the Greens were responsible for the i360, they weren't. Yes, it was a Green led minority council when they were asked to help fund the scheme when it got into trouble, which required voting support from the other parties for that to be ratified with the council who were put between a rock and a hard place.

Did you not read that I am not a fan of any political party? Yet you assume that I am Tory ??? and I have never been a fan of the i360. :shrug: Ultimately the project was always in trouble and the Greens made sure it always will be. Stop being so pedantic and arguing the toss when it is clear who was ultimately responsible for it. I don't need to be reminded of how long ago it was conceived because these things like the King Alfred get passed from one party to the next and suddenly no one seems to be accountable for what does and doesn't happen, or how about "it's not the Greens fault it's the Tories" and suddenly I am a Tory by your accounts just because I pointed out that the Greens have hijacked the school strike with Punch a Nazi slogans???

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here