Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Warm Weather Training

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Strange. Club looked to save on running costs in unlikely event of a small crowd. Then considering spending large amount on warm weather training just as weather improves here and we have some of best training facilities in country..

Totally agree, our facilities have everything they need. It's a bit of R&R with training attached, dressing it up any other way is just naive

As regards going to Spain training I would think that they would have got a good deal

Sharing rooms in a local Holiday Inn Express too? They will be going to top class facilities and paying top dollar (euro) too. That said cost isn't the issue

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Is there any real evidence or studies which suggest that warm weather training actually works?

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Warm weather training so they can come back and playing the cold.
Doesn’t constantly changing temperatures encourage illness.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

I will stand alone and say its a good thing! It feels unpalatable to us as supporters, because it is so at odds with our norms. If you're looking for things to change, then a change in environment can hep break normal patterns, normal thinking and a break from normal performance. How much you're paid, however good the normal environment is for work, doesn't make you immune to the impact that simple routine can have. A chance for the team to be together in a different environment, under different circumstances may help strengthen the team ethic, one of our strengths in recent years I would suggest. Not so different than a pre-season training camp in the sun?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Warm weather training so they can come back and playing the cold.
Doesn’t constantly changing temperatures encourage illness.

No. That’s a myth.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
A chance for the team to be together in a different environment, under different circumstances may help strengthen the team ethic,

#CraigBellamyGolfClub
#DennisWisePunchingSomeoneWhilstAsleep

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
#CraigBellamyGolfClub
#DennisWisePunchingSomeoneWhilstAsleep

I've had a good think about this, and have come to the conclusion that the defining factor in these incidents is not the warm weather, but more that the two named players are both little shitbags.

Stand down.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I've had a good think about this, and have come to the conclusion that the defining factor in these incidents is not the warm weather, but more that the two named players are both little shitbags.

Stand down.

Fair point. I’ll bounce this thread when the Argus reports Duffy and Stephens were rescued from a peddelo in the middle of the Med after a day on the Guinness and Knocky started a fight in the local Shisha bar.

boik

I don't think the real point of it is the "training" or the "warm weather", I just think it's beneficial for them to be together morning, noon and night, having the chance to discuss stuff away from the intensity of training or matches. Normally I guess they all just do the prescribed training and then disappear off to their big houses.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I don't think the real point of it is the "training" or the "warm weather", I just think it's beneficial for them to be together morning, noon and night, having the chance to discuss stuff away from the intensity of training or matches. Normally I guess they all just do the prescribed training and then disappear off to their big houses.

Fair point, but there must be plenty of places they could do it closer to home. It feels like a bit of a bandwagon thing and (regardless of the good intent I'm sure) it will give the players an opportunity to let their hair down a bit no matter how well they comply with curfews and the such like.

Seems like carrot has prevailed over stick and if this bit of pampering keeps us up then no complaints here

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

This is basically the reasoning.

A reward for failure..

Seems like carrot has prevailed over stick and if this bit of pampering keeps us up then no complaints here

I don't believe this is true remotely. Yes, they'll probably go somewhere nice, and stay in nice hotel rooms, etc. But do you REALLY think they players see it as a REWARD?

These people are all earning a million pounds plus, per year. They can afford to take as many holidays to beautiful hotels in sunny countries as they like - only taking their beautiful partners with them, rather than sharing a room with Shane bloody Duffy. They'd far rather be training for two hours, then be at home in their beautiful houses with their beautiful wives. But that routine has us seemingly in a rut, so they are getting removed from it for a few days.

No reward. No drama. Hope it works.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Worked for West Ham last year didn't it?, I remember they got slated for taking a warm weather break but they came back and started winning games (If I recall)

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
This is basically the reasoning.

I don't believe this is true remotely. Yes, they'll probably go somewhere nice, and stay in nice hotel rooms, etc. But do you REALLY think they players see it as a REWARD?

These people are all earning a million pounds plus, per year. They can afford to take as many holidays to beautiful hotels in sunny countries as they like - only taking their beautiful partners with them, rather than sharing a room with Shane bloody Duffy. They'd far rather be training for two hours, then be at home in their beautiful houses with their beautiful wives. But that routine has us seemingly in a rut, so they are getting removed from it for a few days.

No reward. No drama. Hope it works.

You quoted me but I never mentioned reward? I also said I agreed with the point made by [MENTION=21369]boik[/MENTION]

They will be pampered, not because pampering is the objective but it's just the way it is. They could just as well gone to some 'ruff tuff' facility here at home, fed gruel and put on an intense 3 day session and had any other time allocated to a range of non physical activities to get them prepared. As I said club appear to have gone for carrot rather than stick approach, I don't necessarily disagree

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
You quoted me but I never mentioned reward? I also said I agreed with the point made by [MENTION=21369]boik[/MENTION]

They will be pampered, not because pampering is the objective but it's just the way it is. They could just as well gone to some 'ruff tuff' facility here at home, fed gruel and put on an intense 3 day session and had any other time allocated to a range of non physical activities to get them prepared. As I said club appear to have gone for carrot rather than stick approach, I don't necessarily disagree

I quoted you as well, because, as this subsequent post confirms, you still seem to think that the players will universally WELCOME being away from their families / partners for a spell (in a nice hotel room). I simply don't agree - I'm sure that most would rather stick to the usual routine, given the choice. So for those players, it is absolutely NOT 'a carrot'.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I quoted you as well, because, as this subsequent post confirms, you still seem to think that the players will universally WELCOME being away from their families / partners for a spell (in a nice hotel room). I simply don't agree - I'm sure that most would rather stick to the usual routine, given the choice. So for those players, it is absolutely NOT 'a carrot'.

I actually thought nothing like that but then again nor do I think they are going to be crying in their milk at the prospect. They're going to have their routine broken and there are plenty of 'less attractive' options that might have been considered (hence the carrot statement)

Of course (in their off time) they can afford to go anywhere in the world, stay at 6* facilities and have whatever they want ... I wasn't imagining going on this thing wandering around in dressing gowns, taking pics and shoving them on Instagram.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Fair point. I’ll bounce this thread when the Argus reports Duffy and Stephens were rescued from a peddelo in the middle of the Med after a day on the Guinness and Knocky started a fight in the local Shisha bar.

It will be HUSHED UP. But thats exactly how I imagine it out there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here