Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The "Frank Lampard's Derby Cup game - East Stand Upper + West Stand Upper OPEN

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
brrrrng brrrng:

Barber: "Hello"
Ticket office: "Hi Paul. The lower tiers are all but sold out now. Shall we open the East Upper ?"
PB: "Oh piss. Aren't there still some singles left ?"
TO: "Well, yes, but......."
PB: *sighs* "Alright. But hang on - just the FRONT rows"

brrrrng brrrng. brrrrng brrrng brrrrng

PB: "What ?"
TO: "Hi Paul. The East Upper tickets are selling fast, I think we need to open up the top as we..."
PB: "Oh for the love of...Seriously ? Are you SURE all the lower tier ones are gone ?"
TO: "Well, err, yeah. Yesterday in fact"
PB: "Oh just do it then"

brrrrng brrrng. brrrrng brrrng brrrrng brrrrng brrrng. brrrrng brrrng brrrrng brrrrng brrrng. brrrrng brrrng brrrrng

PB: "WHAT NOW"
TO: "Oh...h-hi Paul. Ummm, East Upper is sold out sooo..."
PB: "Oh for the love of christ. Just f*****g DO it then"
*click*

PB: (mutter)..."That snivelling cuntwaffle Roger"

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
And just like that the guy in the Argus describing the club as Idiotic for holding areas back was proved correct!

Haven't you learnt yet? PB always knows best and his wisdom shouldn't be doubted!!! Glad we hung on for WSU just knew they would need to open it from day 1.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Haven't you learnt yet? PB always knows best and his wisdom shouldn't be doubted!!! Glad we hung on for WSU just knew they would need to open it from day 1.

Our club has played another blinder. Build drama, expectation, excitement and PERIL into an (it's nothing like it used to be) FA Cup tie using the psychological warfare of Hold or Fold 'em stand opening. A module has already been added to the Etihad and Burnley Football University syllabuses known as the BARBER PARADIGM

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
This has nothing to do with PB .. This is uncle Tony teaching the club how he plays poker . He is playing bluff with the fans to see who will fold first. I guess he is playing a blinder ,all those fans (me included ) caving in and buying a East/West lower first !

Should he be in charge of Brexit negotiations ? Can just imagine him sitting round the EU table with the other players !

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
This has nothing to do with PB .. This is uncle Tony teaching the club how he plays poker . He is playing bluff with the fans to see who will fold first. I guess he is playing a blinder ,all those fans (me included ) caving in and buying a East/West lower first !

Should he be in charge of Brexit negotiations ? Can just imagine him sitting round the EU table with the other players !

I was thinking this earlier - not quite from a poker perspective, but a marketing one. Create the interest by holding back the seats, increases demand.......'I want WSU'.....'can't have it'.....'now I REALLY want WSU'................

Anyway, about 4,500 tickets left by the look of things so 25k+ crowd likely. Good stuff.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I ended up surreptitiously buying my tickets in the middle of a Very Important Meeting, but we're bang in the middle of row A and my kids are going to think it's Christmas (at least until we start playing) :albion2:

You must be near where I had two season tickets for two years - seat numbers A511 and A512 just about opposite the penalty spot I seem to recollect. Excellent view especially when the Albion are attacking the north in the second half !

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Looks like Derby have sold about 2,100 so far.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I got lucky this afternoon, only just got round to buying a seat for Saturday, and expected only to find available seats in some far flung unpopular areas of the stadium, only to be told the club had just released a few seats in W1D, just a few rows back from the away dug out, so l can look forward to seeing the back of Frank's head in close up!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
[MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION], [MENTION=2223]e77[/MENTION], myself and others were getting wet, although not massively so, in row B of the ESU at the West Brom game.

Wow, I stand corrected. On Saturday we briefly felt rain but were protected almost completely. I never for a moment thought that people up above were also being rained on. The rows above us appeared dry when I looked.

Coventry - blinding sun. West Brom - biting wind. I hadn’t even considered the rain!!

Yeah, blinding sun, I am not looking forward to the spring from that point of view. I suppose that there is a lot to be said for the West Upper!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

They need to make their minds up. On the ticket site, it says it isn't open.

Anyone want to email Paul?

It is - check the updates

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you are going to quote me, quote all the relevant posts.

On the ticket site, it says Mill Road is not open. It seems the club has updated P&R but not the ticket site.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here