Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Time to bring Bruno back for the rest of the season

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I agree with the OP.

3 or 4 changes are needed from the the usual starting 11, including both full backs. Not slating Montoya or Bong, I just think that Bruno and Bernardo a re slightly ahead of them.

When I see someone skin Bruno or that he's hiding in a game, he can;t get up and down, or that he's not relishing a physical confrontation, then i'll agree with those that say he's past it. I've never seen any of those things, so to me, he's our first choice right back.

Bruno is still a Great War horse and has a fantastic footballing brain, unfortunately if you put him up against someone with pace the years have taken their toll and he can’t compete, gets caught out of position, which in turn drags one of the centre backs out of position to cover him!

Maybe play him when the opposition allows, but not against pacey strikers and wingers...

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I would agree with this; especially at home, go with the tried & tested combination of Bruno & Knocky down the right. Just wish Izzy would get back so we have a decent option on the left, cos Locadia aint it.
Propper & Stephens need to keep it tight, Gross, well, he needs to find some form or I'd have him out for Bissouma, but he still looks too green for the PL unfortunately.
I know it's a cliche & a half, but we need to get back to basics & battle for everything that has got us where we are.
That's what Burnley have done.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I would agree with this; especially at home, go with the tried & tested combination of Bruno & Knocky down the right. Just wish Izzy would get back so we have a decent option on the left, cos Locadia aint it.
Propper & Stephens need to keep it tight, Gross, well, he needs to find some form or I'd have him out for Bissouma, but he still looks too green for the PL unfortunately.
I know it's a cliche & a half, but we need to get back to basics & battle for everything that has got us where we are.
That's what Burnley have done.

Whilst Izzy is out, surely one option is to play one of our left footed right wingers on the left, probably March being the better option!

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Whilst Izzy is out, surely one option is to play one of our left footed right wingers on the left, probably March being the better option!

But with March going off early in the second half with an ankle injury and Izzy probably a week or 2 away from a 90 mins, it leaves a lazy Locadia, inexperienced Gyokeres or AK (has he ever started on left for us?) out there for Derby.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
But with March going off early in the second half with an ankle injury and Izzy probably a week or 2 away from a 90 mins, it leaves a lazy Locadia, inexperienced Gyokeres or AK (has he ever started on left for us?) out there for Derby.

On the basis we won't play our strongest team in the cup, despite the long lay off after, I was thinking more about our next league game!

Arvin

Jul 24, 2018
Washington DC
I thought Bruno was outstanding in the FA cup fixture, provided everything you could ask on that side. I don’t think he’s been relegated to the bench permanently though, it’s probably to preserve a rotation at the moment.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Why there is very little to chose between them and neither has let us down
Very little between Bong and Bernardo!!! :lol::lol::lol:

You could be one of Britain top comedians with material like that!!! :lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Nope, Bong made himself available when others didn't.
Not utter garbage. Just my opinion. Try growing up when having a debate.

It's funny that this has been a theme of the last two weeks. Bong continues to be allowed lots of the ball by the opposition. I wonder why.

You can have as much heart as you want, but if you miscontrol the ball regularly and cross the ball out of play when in good positions then your heart really doesn't matter.

Martlet

Jul 15, 2003
This.

Bong played well yesterday but his crossing yet again lets him down. To say he was embarrassing is utter garbage.

Stephens and Gross need to be binned or dropped way down the pecking order if we stay up. Both to slow for this league.

I agree re Bong - if he'd had a winger ahead of him who could cross, we wouldn't be saying any of this. Locadia mucked about ahead of him, did nothing all game in attack or defence and left all the crossing to Bong. CH clearly thought Bernardo wasn't fit enough to start on Saturday - I can't argue with that.

Gross is so obviously playing out of position at the moment (I suspect to squeeze Locadia into the team). Stephens and Propper worked much better with Gross ahead of them as well. For me, we either play Pascal in the role that worked so well last year, or have him on the bench to come on when defences are opening up.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
If you bring back Bruno into the starting line-up then you have to do the same with Knocky. There's no combination of players down that side that works anywhere near that well.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
You'd think Bruno and Knockaert are certs for Saturday, especially if Solly's injury keeps him out. It's definitely true to say that they work best in tandem. It's equally true to say that Solly has been excellent recently and more deserving of his place than AK.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Bong’s second half performance today was embarrassing

Truly awful. He literally did nothing right.

Burnley gave him the freedom of the park as they knew very little quality would come from him in an attacking sense.

Bong is a very good defender and player but once he gets over the half way line he is very much out of his comfort zone.

Bernardo would have caused all sorts of problems for Burnley had he been fit enough to start.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Similar conversation last season .... Get this bloody guy back nowwwwwwww before it's too late

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I THINK BRUNO WOULD HAVE DONE BETTER THAN MONTAYA TODAY.I know Montaya is a bit younger, but I miss those clever interplay moves with knocky and just the confusion in the oppositions defence, that I don't see anymore.

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
Montoya has been a good player for us of late aswell as Bernardo.! they are both obvious upgrades on there predecessors(Bong/Bruno)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here