Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Let's talk about GOSBTS again

When should GOSBTS be played? (You can chose more than one)

• As the players come out for the first half

Votes: 112 95.7%
  • As the players come out for the second half

Votes: 41 35.0%
  • At the final whistle if we win

Votes: 41 35.0%
  • At the final whistle if we draw

Votes: 15 12.8%
  • At the final whistle if we lose

Votes: 14 12.0%
  • When we score

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Never

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Just at the start and without the words on the screen.

Why did they decide to bring that back? Thought we'd moved past it like we did announcing the ****ing away attendance.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
No words or tempo gauge on the screens, so much more fun 'away' when the clapping accelerates after the first line to demented seal proportions.

What we need is the fans to continue singing the song as it should leaving the demented hyper clappers looking really stupid. Much like the use of 'stand or fall' rather than 'going up', it has taken two seasons of persistence to the point that 99% of fans now sing the stand or fall line.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I am not a fan of it at the end, I like a bit of Praise You. I like how more and more seem to be joining in for the start of the game.

This. Should ONLY be sung at the beginning. Happy with the 'new' (old) lyrics and (for another couple of seasons) the words on the screen.

Not bothered what's played at HT or the end as long as it is by a local artist (FBS counts).

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
A must at the start.... but can we drop the lyrics appearing on the screen now please?

It was required for a while so the uneducated understood why there is a f**king big "Stand or Fall" sign at the back of the NS! But we are past that.

99% sign the correct words and the Police Box amongst other areas throw in a couple more verses during most matches so we are now past the point of putting up the words on screen.

Put them on the club website and in the programme if they have to be there for the JCL and football tourists, but the rest of us don't need them!

Am happy for it to be the music to come out to after HT, but not a full rendition by the crowds.

I like it's occassional appearance after the match when results and circumstance suggest, otherwise FBS.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
When the players walk out for both halves and then again at the final whistle. Win, lose or draw - we're Brighton and Hove Albion and we represent Sussex by the Sea.

DerekZoolander

Aug 15, 2011
When the players come out for the first half is an absolute must. Second half I don't think it should be, as most people ambling back to their seats after half time.

I think at the end, it should be held for when we win 'big' matches. For example after the United game at the end of last season it was absolutely brilliant singing it, I know it came along with being safe from relegation, but just seemed to fit.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here