Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Throwing away a 2 goal lead

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
But yesterday was clearly not all down to him. He got it spot on in the first instance, and we could and should have been more than 2 goals up. The problem was that Fulham scored 4 minutes into the second half with a worldy. If that had gone into row Z, the game might well have panned out very differently.

What does need work though is how we then responded. As soon as their first went in, we suddenly transformed into a side who looked utterly ****ing TERRIFIED of Fulham.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Those games show a different Brighton . . . . bottling/blowing it when the pressures on, like not winning the championship with 3 games to get 3 points. . . .

Palace playoff 2nd leg
Boro away last day
Sheffield weds away playoff 1st leg
Sheffield weds home playoff 2nd leg

All comfortably worse than a defeat that will hopefully not mean too much at the end of the season. All happened within the last 5 years.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

My bold to highlight.

And I agree it most certainly does not make him a bad manager. But it does make him a manager with limitations. It is for others to decide at what point his flaws, if he is not able to overcome them, are just a bit too much of a risk.
I agree and CH has Limitations like just about every other manager in the league. Ranieri got desperate last night ('cos he hasnt made the impact he would have wanted since taking over)- making a sub after 25 minutes - that suggests that he has huge limitations in terms of preparation or belief in the system he played. We lined up just about as predicted and he got it wrong. Had we scored the 3rd we arguably should have done, I am not sure we would be discussing the CH limitations this morning. That said, Ranieri reacted and changed. CH arguably had more faith that we would keep them out ('cos thats what we do normally) and his limitation last night maybe was too much faith when the evidence suggested otherwise.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
People want to moan about a defeat and use hyperbole because it makes them sound more angry than anyone else.
Nobody likes losing a game.

It is said, in football, that 2-0 up is a dangerous scoreline because the players relax thinking it is won.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here