Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What are you looking forward to in 2019?

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I'm looking forward to...

My first full year as a professional gambler having being made redundant four months ago. Since then I've made more cash than when I was going into the office, all tax free too.

Going to the Wednesday of the Cheltenham Festival to watch Delta Work win the RSA Chase and Tiger Roll retain his Cross Country title.

Playing golf on the Old Course at St Andrews in March, the downside of which, is that it is for my 50th birthday.

Watching England v Afghanistan at Old Trafford in the Cricket World Cup.

Plenty of short breaks away to enjoy the new lifestyle with the Mrs.

Getting my golf handicap down from 6 to 4 or 5.

Living the dream:)

Bookies laying a decent bet....as if:mad:

What if you go on a losing run ???

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Get tax advice....you can win and lose bigtime if you make the wrong choice.

The 2nd attempt failed in trying to up contribution to 20.8% of salary as the realisation dawned how many would leave but it was enough to convince me to

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
What if you go on a losing run ???

I have a betting bank that is separate from the family finances and I got a large redundancy payoff which was one of the drivers behind going full time as was having no mortgage as we have paid that off. I’ve made plenty in each of the last four years and am confident that what I do is sustainable for a good while yet. It’s all statistics based and there would need to be a seismic shift in results for me not to continue winning. I’m not complacent though and am continuously fine tuning the algorithms and staking plans. Losing runs happen though and I had lost an eye watering amount between late April and early July in 2018 but because I kept the faith and used a sensible staking plan it turned out ok in the end. It’s all about long term profit and whilst losing months will happen, six in the last four years, the betting bank can handle it.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I have a betting bank that is separate from the family finances and I got a large redundancy payoff which was one of the drivers behind going full time as was having no mortgage as we have paid that off. I’ve made plenty in each of the last four years and am confident that what I do is sustainable for a good while yet. It’s all statistics based and there would need to be a seismic shift in results for me not to continue winning. I’m not complacent though and am continuously fine tuning the algorithms and staking plans. Losing runs happen though and I had lost an eye watering amount between late April and early July in 2018 but because I kept the faith and used a sensible staking plan it turned out ok in the end. It’s all about long term profit and whilst losing months will happen, six in the last four years, the betting bank can handle it.

Continued good luck/skill with that. Nice to see someone beating the industry.

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
Getting used to being retired.

It's started well, retired on the first. cleared the last of the mortgage on the second.

Just need to finish redecorating/refurnishing my flat then a couple of holidays.

Get rid of some bloody weight I have piled on after 30 years of shift-work.

That'l do for starters.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

What sport do you bet on ?

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
A hopefully quieter and more simple existence in 2019.
2018 rather took it out of me!
I’ve come off all social media except this and plan to do it for the whole year at least.
Looking forward to....
My eldest daughters 18th later this month.
Walks with our now 6 month old Korthals Griffon.
Week off in April in Norfolk.
My first holiday with just Mrs Withdean and I in 20 years without the kids (5 nights in Ibiza late July).
Watching the mighty Albion retain their hard earned place in the PL for another season and loving every minute of it!
Working as hard as I have to but no more!!!
Being thankful for something each day no matter how small.

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
Had some very happy family news already this year....

Waiting for February now to welcome a babybelle into the world....

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Going to Iceland in March, I am so pumped to just visit that beautiful country. It's somewhere I wanted to go for ages and now I can finally afford to and proper indulge. I took no holiday this year to save up for it on a proper splurge. Doesn't help that flights from the US are a lot more expensive.

My podcast is doing well, I've met some really, really cool people over here through it and I am glad I took the risk and just started doing it, I still get odd abuse on here sometimes but for the most part everyone is pretty positive about it so just continue with this really.

I am trying to see if I can afford a surprise trip home at Xmas to see my fam, first time I'd have been home in just over 2 years, we'll see on this one.

My mum is coming to see me for the first time since I moved over here in October of 2019, I am really really excited to just have her here, my sister too.

Be a lot more self conscious online. People love being so mean on the internet and it's so so easy to just say something like it's a throwaway thing because it's on a screen (brexit thread, trump thread) and people forget that others have feelings. Stop, take a breath, remember it's another human being and if I don't have anything nice to say, just exit the conversation.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Atm my super kingsize bed arriving

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
Going to Iceland in March, I am so pumped to just visit that beautiful country. It's somewhere I wanted to go for ages and now I can finally afford to and proper indulge. I took no holiday this year to save up for it on a proper splurge. Doesn't help that flights from the US are a lot more expensive.

My podcast is doing well, I've met some really, really cool people over here through it and I am glad I took the risk and just started doing it, I still get odd abuse on here sometimes but for the most part everyone is pretty positive about it so just continue with this really.

I am trying to see if I can afford a surprise trip home at Xmas to see my fam, first time I'd have been home in just over 2 years, we'll see on this one.

My mum is coming to see me for the first time since I moved over here in October of 2019, I am really really excited to just have her here, my sister too.

Be a lot more self conscious online. People love being so mean on the internet and it's so so easy to just say something like it's a throwaway thing because it's on a screen (brexit thread, trump thread) and people forget that others have feelings. Stop, take a breath, remember it's another human being and if I don't have anything nice to say, just exit the conversation.

What’s your podcast?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here