Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] South America vs Europe

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I've only just learnt that Mexico is in North America.

Mind you, I knew I'd fail my geography O level when I couldn't find the classroom.

Don't worry. I was good at locational geography and regarded it as 'Central America'.

A lot of it depends on your teaching.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Maybe it would have been better to make the thread 'The Americas vs. Europe' (and yes, I am pretty much writing off Japan!)

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
By America, I assume you mean the USA?

You assume correctly, where else on the American continent would this happen, who else has a border with Canada, and who else calls themselves America? Bit pedantic I think.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
You assume correctly, where else on the American continent would this happen, who else has a border with Canada, and who else calls themselves America? Bit pedantic I think.

Not really pedantic, given the conversation. One thing that really ticks off people from Central America and Mexico (and South America as well) is when people call the US 'America' - or at least when the Yanks do it. It is particularly galling to those being turned away at the border right now who consider themselves "American".

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Not really pedantic, given the conversation. One thing that really ticks off people from Central America and Mexico (and South America as well) is when people call the US 'America' - or at least when the Yanks do it. It is particularly galling to those being turned away at the border right now who consider themselves "American".

The 2026 World Cup will obviously be held in the USA, Canada and Mexico making it an American World Cup...

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
On the off chance this hasn't made it tooooooooo NSC:-

[tweet]1012987724020805633[/tweet]

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Europe teams havnt really set the competition on fire so far, i was thinking no european country if we were on fire and on top of our game would give us serious problems, the French have destroyed that theory.......mediocre to wtf in one round

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Europe teams havnt really set the competition on fire so far, i was thinking no european country if we were on fire and on top of our game would give us serious problems, the French have destroyed that theory.......mediocre to wtf in one round

Croatia were pretty decent. And Modric is something special.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Fair enough, still pedantic, can't be arsed. Carry on.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here