Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chuba

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Bench. 10-15 minutes if the situation suits.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I think he might start if Baldock's out.

yes I thought this was already the case? Just going by the subtle hints in some of Naylor's musings had me thinking he would start as they want to protect Baldock.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

No, I think he will go Murray and Hemed.. Chuba will come on later as things get stretched..

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
As Chuba Akpom has been drafted in on loan as 'back up' to the forward line, he should be used.
Even if all forwards are fully fit, he'll be an unknown to the opposition and an alternative.
No point in wasting talent and loan funds, just to warm the bench!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
As Chuba Akpom has been drafted in on loan as 'back up' to the forward line, he should be used.
Even if all forwards are fully fit, he'll be an unknown to the opposition and an alternative.

There is if we need Hamed & Murray to hold the ball up, while we are under early expected pressure by Huddersfield. Let Huddersfield burn themselves out, and then bring him on and hopefully his speed will tear them to bits.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
I'd like to see him start, as Baldock is unlikely to play. We'll probably play on the counter attack a bit and need someone to do the running up top, dragging defenders out of position.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Have you seen this morning's Argus? Andy Naylor evidently seems to think that he will, as the Albion are treading carefully with Sam Baldock's recovery.

I agree that it seems chancy to include Akpom in such an important game though, When did he last actually play?

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes

Agree. Start with Chuba and GM up front with Hemed on the bench. Less pressure on the lad, shows we have faith in him as a first team player and Hemed is waiting in the wings as solid option. Would not want to see him on the bench first time out in an Albion shirt.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Has anyone (here) got any idea on Baldock's recovery? Obviously if he's fine, he'd start, but I assume he's not.

So if that's the case, then it'll be Murray plus 1 (probably Hemed), with 1 on the bench.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Starting to get close to s**t or bust time.Bet Tony would start him!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

He may well be unknown to the opposition, the problem is though, that he is unknown to our players too! What has he had, just one day's training with his new team mates?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Agree. Start with Chuba and GM up front with Hemed on the bench. Less pressure on the lad, shows we have faith in him as a first team player and Hemed is waiting in the wings as solid option. Would not want to see him on the bench first time out in an Albion shirt.

Totally dissolve the 'Elvis affect' :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here