Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has Oscar Offered his Resignation?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Well, he's a West Ham fan who has certain sources through his job but I think anyone reading today's papers could have made that prediction so I doubt he's basing it on much. If, indeed, it is about us. Trying to think of other Champ clubs about to sack their manager...Cardiff? Birmingham? Leeds?

You were saying?

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Why we have this obsession with English managers is beyond me, it ought to be the best candidate possible. Even if that means a foreigner.

Fine, what about Fergie? worth a shot?

Agree we should go for the best candidate, but in the last two seasons the teams that have got promoted have had British Managers. Cardiff Malky Mckay. Hull Steve Bruce Palace Ian Holloway. This season Leicester Nigel Pearson Burnley Sean Dyke and Possibly QPR and Derby both english managers. I know there are not too many foreign managers in the championship, but the ones that have been have not managed to get to the holy grail. The championship is a hard division to get out of and arguably the continental style is better suited to the premiership where you have more time on the ball. Id settle for Steve Clarke. As long as it isn't Nathan Jones. We need to appoint a replacement quickly so he has some input into the squad. Oscar had no time to work with his players last season and it showed in the first few games. We need to hit the ground running, otherwise we will be looking at more of the same next season.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
The first couple of pages of this thread should certainly find a home in Gold. Has the poster who called TopCat "TopC*nt" apologised yet? :lolol:

TopCat

Jun 17, 2011
As a matter of interest, how long have you known?

Found out a couple of hours after game had finished.

Appreciation to those who took a minute to post apologies for doubting what I said, but tbh with the amount of wild rumours during off season I don't think I would have belived it had it not come from somewhere I trusted.

At least there was official confirmation before the ban kicked in ;)

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Appreciation to those who took a minute to post apologies for doubting what I said, but tbh with the amount of wild rumours during off season I don't think I would have belived it had it not come from somewhere I trusted.

Great stuff top cat....

& this is what i posted at 1945 yesterday in the Ernest vote on oscar thread..

Where is the

I think he will walk away and i would not blame him option?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Good thread TopCat and fair play to you for not having a go at the posters that aimed abuse at you.
Nice to see some people came back and apologised to you. :thumbsup:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
This thread still cracks me up. So many posters berate and slag the op off. Turns out he was on the button. Should be gold

First dozen pages or so are hilarious

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here