Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Neal Maupay *** SIGNED from Brentford - 4 year deal - undisclosed fee ***

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Think it describes him as a winger/striker on his Wiki. People will read that and assume they know best. 5 minutes from his highlights reels and you can see that he is a number 9. Pretty much only scores from close range.
Reckon he'd be a good signing.

Yes this. Especially with Potterball and us actaully get in the oppo half !!.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Negotiations wouldn’t be chairman to chairman, they would be club to club. If the player wanted to come and we met their valuation then a deal could happen. They are business men at the end of the day and very successful at that.

Cost them £1.6m in 2017. @£15m thats a significant increase for any chairman not to sniff at.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Neal Maupay

Is he? Who is he similar too then?

Just reminds me of Andone, I wouldn’t say he’s a ‘fox in the box’ at all. Have a look at the goals he scores.... Connolly is more that type of player.

At the moment the only presence we have is Murray and he lacks mobility.

Would prefer to see a Murray replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

One Teddy Maybank

Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Think it describes him as a winger/striker on his Wiki. People will read that and assume they know best. 5 minutes from his highlights reels and you can see that he is a number 9. Pretty much only scores from close range.
Reckon he'd be a good signing.

What clips are you watching? [emoji2].
Most of them were outside of the 6 yard box and nearer the penalty spot/edge of the area on the ones I watched?

Do you think he’s an improvement on Andone, Locadia and Murray?

One Teddy Maybank

Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I question the intelligence of Andone. I may be harsh but I just can’t connect with him.

I know what you mean.
I keep thinking he’s going to thump someone or unnecessarily leave his foot in....

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
What clips are you watching? [emoji2].
Most of them were outside of the 6 yard box and nearer the penalty spot/edge of the area on the ones I watched?

Do you think he’s an improvement on Andone, Locadia and Murray?

Last seasons goals.

No idea. But he is a good age and can finish.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Neal Maupay

Only news I can see on him is being linked with Sheffield Utd, West Brom & Villa .

Nothing about us which is odd considering the bookies have us as favourites

miffy6

Mar 7, 2009
Sky mentioned us earlier today.

sb7foj.png

One Teddy Maybank

Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Neal Maupay

Last seasons goals.

No idea. But he is a good age and can finish.

Take it back - these are different to the ones I saw, where he was cutting in and shooting from 18 yards.

Still think he’s similar to Andone though, more prolific apparently (bit Andone might be in championship)

Last edited:

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I know Potter normally only plays one up top, and we would definitely lack height, but Andone and Maupay would be a real handful for a lot of defences, really impressed with Maupays movement and ability to be in the right place for rebounds etc.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
I know Potter normally only plays one up top, and we would definitely lack height, but Andone and Maupay would be a real handful for a lot of defences, really impressed with Maupays movement and ability to be in the right place for rebounds etc.

Agreed. With Baluta and Berge in CM who needs height though?

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Agreed. With Baluta and Berge in CM who needs height though?

True and Citeh do all right with Aguero and Jesus sharing the role, neither strike me as being Murrayesque in stature.

Ok, before anyone points it out, i am aware that they have ability way beyond Andone and Maupay, but it does show that good movement is just as important, if not more so than being a traditional target man.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
From: https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/17774484.albion-no-contact-leicester-lewis-dunk/

Albion are keeping tabs on Brentford's Neal Maupay, The Argus understands.

Aston Villa and Sheffield United are heading the queue to sign the 22-year-old French striker, who scored 25 goals in the Championship last season.

Interesting as not long ago AN denied any interest at all in Maupay..Obviously we are (supposedly) and are bookies favourites so something must be happening somewhere!!

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
Interesting as not long ago AN denied any interest at all in Maupay..Obviously we are (supposedly) and are bookies favourites so something must be happening somewhere!!

I suspect that he's one of the players in our 'cluster' for that position. It doesn't read like there has been any progress in following up on our interest though.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
True and Citeh do all right with Aguero and Jesus sharing the role, neither strike me as being Murrayesque in stature.

Ok, before anyone points it out, i am aware that they have ability way beyond Andone and Maupay, but it does show that good movement is just as important, if not more so than being a traditional target man.

Exactly, a certain Peter Ward wasn’t exactly a colossus

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Basically a goal poacher, Johnny on the spot kind of striker going by that video. Right place at the right time. Like it...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here