Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Deep Joy Bin Men Striking Again FFS

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Heaven help B&H if our core essential services like baristas, estate agents and web designers ever decide to go on strike #prayforcity

Very immature stance Tom, you don’t seem bothered about the mess this will cause, a service we the citizens of Brighton & Hove pay for btw, I don’t recall seeing my council tax go to your little list of workers?

D

Deleted member 22389

Brighton has gone for me. It's not the happy, cool place it used to be. It feels scruffy and run down. Does anyone else feel the same?. I have taken my 4 year old daughter twice to Brighton over the last 6 months, and each time I have noticed drug dealing right under my nose near The Pier.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Very immature stance Tom, you don’t seem bothered about the mess this will cause, a service we the citizens of Brighton & Hove pay for btw, I don’t recall seeing my council tax go to your little list of workers?

I just get very tired very quickly of seeing the core service workers who make our town go round be treated as totally invisible until such time as they have a gripe, at which point they instantly have excrement heaped upon them by people who patently regard themselves as in some way superior.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Heaven help B&H if our core essential services like baristas, estate agents and web designers ever decide to go on strike #prayforcity

You forgot Taggers and graffiti artists.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Brighton has gone for me. It's not the happy, cool place it used to be. It feels scruffy and run down. Does anyone else feel the same?

Nope. It's always been scruffy and run down in any of our living memories. And none the worse for that. Was never so overrun with self-centred gentrification and scamming begging chancers in equal measure tho.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I just get very tired very quickly of seeing the core service workers who make our town go round be treated as totally invisible until such time as they have a gripe, at which point they instantly have excrement heaped upon them by people who patently regard themselves as in some way superior.

If it was something of significance that us ratepayers agreed was worth striking over, fair enough - but from what is being reported this is a storm in a teacup that the union could have compromised on. But they don’t do that, do they?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Well I don’t think I’m superior and as far as the bin men are concerned they have a gripe every six months ffs, I work in a supermarket so they probably earn more than me too[emoji35]

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Surely you remember the 70s? It was quite easy to spot.

Yeh my first couple of weeks at Bevan Funnell in Newhaven we went into the three day week. Power cuts as well. My recycling bin in Bevendean is full to the brim so I'm putting everything in the green bin now. Being surrounded by students who haven't a clue about when to put their bins out I'm used to it.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
If it was something of significance that us ratepayers agreed was worth striking over, fair enough - but from what is being reported this is a storm in a teacup that the union could have compromised on. But they don’t do that, do they?

“The council has received a number of allegations and counter allegations about members of staff which need to be investigated and we’ve agreed with GMB to appoint an independent person from outside of the council to review this.

“As we do in all cases like this, we’ve asked some of the staff involved to work away from the Cityclean depot to ensure disciplinary and grievance investigations are completed fairly and while the ACAS discussions continue."

One rep, back from suspension, has been asked to work in a different office for a while to undergo a fair process . . . . . 6 day strike.

Jan 30, 2008
Brighton has gone for me. It's not the happy, cool place it used to be. It feels scruffy and run down. Does anyone else feel the same?. I have taken my 4 year old daughter twice to Brighton over the last 6 months, and each time I have noticed drug dealing right under my nose near The Pier.

Yep it's a dossers delight , look at the clowns running the city and the MPs that represent it ,LGBT ,greens, liberal do gooders and lefty Labour, a match made in heaven
regards
DR

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
As a side.
These jumbo black bins they have now on most streets are very clever. Firstly the can crush the rubbish down so each bin takes more. Then they connect to the internet to tell the drivers when it's full. From what I understand, each bin costs £2000 and no-one monitors whether it is full or not.
Now they're taking them away and putting double bins for general and recycle-able rubbish. If they are like those at the Amex, no one will know which side to put plastic cups into.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
sounds like the union are escalating a minor dispute. they wouldnt do that, so something important information must be missing?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Deep Joy Bin Men - Striking Again

Sounds like an 80s synth pop track.

Sounds like? I have four CDs by Deep Joy Bin Men. Cracking, they are. Cracking.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Bin the unions I say. If you want to get paid, you'll work for it. If we want to change the routes to make them more efficient(on paper)we'll do it. We can always employ more eastern europeans to fill your jobs.......it's not as if they're going to stop coming over here because of this brexit malarkey. Let's have more for less I say, comrade:angel:

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Tom Hark said:
Preston Park;8991465]I just get very tired very quickly of seeing the core service workers who make our town go round be treated as totally invisible until such time as they have a gripe, at which point they instantly have excrement heaped upon them by people who patently regard themselves as in some way superior.
[/B]

A bit rich coming from you???

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I was on the understanding the the holder of the operating licence was up in front of the traffic commissioner regarding non compliance. I don't understand that only 1 person at City clean has an operators licence, I hold one along with 8 other TM's within my company.

It takes approximately 10 weeks to obtain once you pass the TM CPC.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
The union man from the GMB was on southern news and to say that I wasnt impressed is an understatement. Is he the same union man who is fighting the club?

If it was Mark Turner, yes. An arsewipe of the highest order.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here