Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dunk to Leicester City?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
The Argus know little more than the sun, though they do appear to have guessed right this time.

There are direct quotes in that Argus article... The Sun, not for the first time, is spouting sh1t...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Potter: "These wanker ***** are ****ing shitehouse; we're going to kick the ****ing shit out of them. TWATS!"

No, that would clearly be wrong too, but ****ing hilarious...

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Errr, no, Chris constantly referred to every PL team we played, even Hudds, as "These are a good team"... so, he constantly undervalued his own club...

And when did you hear Pep or Klopp say anything different? I certainly haven't, but if they ever did I'd be straight off to the bookies to have a good bet against them.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Errr, no, Chris constantly referred to every PL team we played, even Hudds, as "These are a good team"... so, he constantly undervalued his own club...

How the heck does saying another team are good, undervalue us? He never said we weren't as good.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There are direct quotes in that Argus article... The Sun, not for the first time, is spouting sh1t...

Reads as direct quotes from someone sitting at home watching Dan Ashworth on Sky Sports...

Ashworth (below) said on Sky Sports: "As far as we are concerned it is only speculation and we won't comment on speculation."

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
And when did you hear Pep or Klopp say anything different? I certainly haven't, but if they ever did I'd be straight off to the bookies to have a good bet against them.

It was just boring BS from Chris tho... over and over and over again...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
How the heck does saying another team are good, undervalue us? He never said we weren't as good.

He never really said much of any value, but, TBF, which manager does?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Reads as direct quotes from someone sitting at home watching Dan Ashworth on Sky Sports...

Ashworth (below) said on Sky Sports: "As far as we are concerned it is only speculation and we won't comment on speculation."

So a direct quote from Super Dan then, or do you disagree?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Wow.

So by that reckoning my car must be worth at least £500k for being half as quick as a Bugatti?

That's totally not how asset value works once you enter the top percentile of anything. If you think Dunk is 75% as good as Maguire, I'd have to argue that could even make Maguire worth three Dunks.
For what it's worth I love Dunk, think he's amazing for us and hope he stays, but -removing Albion tinted glasses- concede Maguire is a chunk better than him.

From what I gather, it's just all media bulls**t anyway, and the value put on Dunk is meaningless as Leicester simply have him on a list with other viable replacements, (Tarkovski or that bloke in France we were sniffing around etc) many of which at this point look far more likely and cost effective than clawing Dunk out of our clenched fists for c£50m (100x the supposed value of my car).

Gazing into my crystal ball, I don't think Dunk leaves this window.

Apologies to the grammar/spelling police for any boo boos, it's too late and my head hurts. Night all. :albion2:

If you think the transfer market works the same way as the used car market you really are a wally.

:facepalm:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Maguire leaves training camp for Man Utd medical apparently.........

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
Jun 27, 2012

God forbid. Not this old chestnut. The innocuous pre match interview is the source of our downfall. They ALL do it by the way including Potter. It’s a ritual and means nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
God forbid. Not this old chestnut. The innocuous pre match interview is the source of our downfall. They ALL do it by the way including Potter. It’s a ritual and means nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I kind of agree (see my earlier posts in this very thread), but your beloved Chris took it to a ridiculous level IMHO...

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Sky reporting Leicester do not see Dunk as VFM and will not buy a replacement, even if Maguire goes.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
13:58
LEICESTER NOT TARGETING NEW CB

Leicester City have no plans to buy a new central defender in this transfer window, even if Harry Maguire leaves for Manchester United or Manchester City, Sky Sports News understands

Maguire has told his teammates and Leicester bosses that he wants to leave, but he still has four years left on his current contract, and Leicester are holding out for a new world record fee for a defender before they will let him go.

Manchester United have made a £70m bid for the England defender, and City have indicated they would match United's fee, but neither offer has tempted Leicester so far.

Leicester have looked at Burnley's James Tarkowski and Brighton's Lewis Dunk as possible replacements for Maguire, but we've been told Brendan Rodgers doesn't believe that either player represents good value for money - they would each likely cost more than £40m in the current market.

Instead, Rodgers will look to 22-year-old Filip Benkovic, after a successful season on loan at Celtic where he played 27 times for the Scottish champions, and Turkish international Caglar Soyuncu who's impressed Rodgers in training. If Maguire leaves, they will be asked to anchor the Leicester defence alongside one of the more experienced duo of Johnny Evans and Wes Morgan for the coming Premier League season.

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
Sky reporting Leicester do not see Dunk as VFM and will not buy a replacement, even if Maguire goes.

Leicester City have no plans to buy a new central defender in this transfer window, even if Harry Maguire leaves for Manchester United or Manchester City, Sky Sports News understands

Maguire has told his teammates and Leicester bosses that he wants to leave, but he still has four years left on his current contract, and Leicester are holding out for a new world record fee for a defender before they will let him go.

Manchester United have made a £70m bid for the England defender, and City have indicated they would match United's fee, but neither offer has tempted Leicester so far.

Leicester have looked at Burnley's James Tarkowski and Brighton's Lewis Dunk as possible replacements for Maguire, but we've been told Brendan Rodgers doesn't believe that either player represents good value for money - they would each likely cost more than £40m in the current market.

Instead, Rodgers will look to 22-year-old Filip Benkovic, after a successful season on loan at Celtic where he played 27 times for the Scottish champions, and Turkish international Caglar Soyuncu who's impressed Rodgers in training. If Maguire leaves, they will be asked to anchor the Leicester defence alongside one of the more experienced duo of Johnny Evans and Wes Morgan for the coming Premier League season.

Driver8

On the road...
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

That can’t be right, we were assured above that it was all agreed?!

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
So are you saying ‘Lenny Rider’ is Ian Hart?
IF THAT IS TRUE then it underlines even more that this person has just made this topic up, generated interest, then ‘reported’ on it, I assume for profit. Fake news. I stand by my previous statement that where this is proven then threads like this should be removed and the poster’s access to this forum reviewed.

P.S. I read the linked ‘article’ (which won’t happen again) and it reads like it was written by a 15 year old.

86 pages now Milano, I hope this is helping you pass the time whilst you're not at school, as I think there's more chance of you being a 15 year old than me, given you didn't know my pen name had been Lenny Rider for the last 31 years!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here