Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
What a waste of space that woman is - more money than sense.

....but she is prepared to stand up for the sovereignty of parliament which is what I thought Leave voters supported.
Or is parliament only legitimate when it endorses your views?
Your comments are muddled....

Last edited:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
It would be interesting to hear what uber Brexiteer Priti Patel thinks of Trump's latest outburst. Probably thinks it's marvellous, what with the Donald being independent Brexit Britain's bestest-ever special friend.

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
....but she is prepared to stand up for the sovereignty of parliament which is what I thought Leave voters supported.
Or is parliament only legitimate when it endorses your views?
Your comments are muddled....

And you edited your post! Which did say:
....whereas your previous comments suggest you are lacking in a bit of common humanity..... and hers don't.

I help people for free with legal scams in my spare time. I think that demonstrates my common humanity. But fair enough, you don't know me. I realise from my own life experience that it's hard to judge people on t'internet.

What does that woman do apart from:

''Look at me, I'm going to throw my toys out of the pram because my life will be adversely affected by Brexit and I don't give a shit what the 'great unwashed' majority of voters want, they are all thick and considerably less rich than me...''.

Rather like the idiot who threw money at trying to prosecute Boris, it will be doomed. Only she does at least seem to have a keener brain than him.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
And you edited your post! Which did say:

I help people for free with legal scams in my spare time. I think that demonstrates my common humanity. But fair enough, you don't know me. I realise from my own life experience that it's hard to judge people on t'internet.

What does that woman do apart from:

''Look at me, I'm going to throw my toys out of the pram because my life will be adversely affected by Brexit and I don't give a shit what the 'great unwashed' majority of voters want, they are all thick and considerably less rich than me...''.

Rather like the idiot who threw money at trying to prosecute Boris, it will be doomed. Only she does at least seem to have a keener brain than h.

Given your predisposition to help others and your legal knowledge, I must admit I am surprised you warm to 'Boris'. I am not sure he has either of those attributes!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I don't gamble
Considering Ppf doesnt gamble why is Watford zero hounding him like a weird StalkyMcStalkface and trying to make him bet when he doesnt gamble?

He's obviously caught me out with his principled stand against gambling.

article-2305464-1923CF91000005DC-680_634x420.jpg

And hiding all his anti-gambling posts in amongst the racist, anti semitic, nazi supporting posts picking on people claiming benefits who hadn't paid NI. Fancy not spotting his principled stance on betting in amongst that lot ???

And it's interesting to see who constantly leaps to our little racist nazis defence ???

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
In my first two weeks as a member of the European Parliament, I've stumbled into a baffling realization.

Next to nobody in Brussels has any clue what the European Union truly stands for — beyond a flag and an anthem — and more crucially, where it is heading. And that includes the EU leaders and senior officials soullessly waddling through the corridors of power.

When I arrived in the EU capital, I expected to find it brimming with activity and potential answers to these questions.

Instead, I felt duped: Making a tangible impact on constituents’ lives is apparently not what being an MEP is all about. (Oh, and Belgian hot chocolate is a distinct disappointment.)

When I look at my daily to-do list, I feel as though I’ve left the shores of the real life and stepped into a maze of bureaucracy, needless technicalities and political performance.

MEPs live in a bubble — one where we celebrate politicians who bailed out bankers, blamed migrants and imposed crippling levels of austerity. It's also one where the slightest bit of difference stands out like a sore thumb. Only 30 of the new class of 751 MEPs are people of color, and if you look different from your average MEP (as I do), it's not easy.

On my first day at work in Parliament in Strasbourg, I was asked to leave by someone who clearly thought I didn't belong ..
- Green Party MEP Magid Magid

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
In my first two weeks as a member of the European Parliament, I've stumbled into a baffling realization.

Next to nobody in Brussels has any clue what the European Union truly stands for — beyond a flag and an anthem — and more crucially, where it is heading. And that includes the EU leaders and senior officials soullessly waddling through the corridors of power.

When I arrived in the EU capital, I expected to find it brimming with activity and potential answers to these questions.

Instead, I felt duped: Making a tangible impact on constituents’ lives is apparently not what being an MEP is all about. (Oh, and Belgian hot chocolate is a distinct disappointment.)

When I look at my daily to-do list, I feel as though I’ve left the shores of the real life and stepped into a maze of bureaucracy, needless technicalities and political performance.

MEPs live in a bubble — one where we celebrate politicians who bailed out bankers, blamed migrants and imposed crippling levels of austerity. It's also one where the slightest bit of difference stands out like a sore thumb. Only 30 of the new class of 751 MEPs are people of color, and if you look different from your average MEP (as I do), it's not easy.

On my first day at work in Parliament in Strasbourg, I was asked to leave by someone who clearly thought I didn't belong ..

He was asked to leave because he was wearing a baseball cap, and a T-shirt with swearing and an anti-fascist slogan on it when he was asked to leave. There is a dress code in the Parliament.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-48840428

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Proud to be a member.

Welcome aboard, your membership pack should* arrive soon .. including commemorative coins ..

20160630_brexit_gold1.jpg

... campaign memrobillia/remoaner trigger poster ...

medium

... one video nasty ...

... cool sticker ...

4758080_0

... another fun poster ..

Capture_3336133b.jpg

... and last but by no means least a t shirt!

81r1LCnQs%2BL._UX385_.jpg

:thumbsup:

* subject to availability/currently out of stock due to import issues from China

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Welcome aboard, your membership pack should* arrive soon .. including commemorative coins ..

View attachment 113002

medium

... one video nasty ...

... cool sticker ...

4758080_0

Capture_3336133b.jpg

* subject to availability/currently out of stock due to import issues from China

When does the ballot for the Festival of Little England tickets 2022 open?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

View attachment 113002

medium

... one video nasty ...

... cool sticker ...

4758080_0

Capture_3336133b.jpg

Well that will definitely change the Parliamentary arithmetic, and ensure that LEAVE really means LEAVE this time :lolol:

Last edited:

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018

View attachment 113002

medium

... one video nasty ...

... cool sticker ...

4758080_0

Capture_3336133b.jpg

Don't forget this.

images.jpeg

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Honestly, these people need to get a life. Too much analysis. Come off the internet, go outside things are moving as normal.

ah, no I know why you only read the start of articles before posting them. You're too busy 'outside'.

D

Deleted member 22389

View attachment 113002

medium

... one video nasty ...

... cool sticker ...

4758080_0

Capture_3336133b.jpg

Membership pack just arrived now via GB couriers. Thanks for the extra gifts, union jack shorts, socks. They will come in handy as I intend to sit outside today, and enjoy the weather.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!

View attachment 113002

medium

... one video nasty ...

... cool sticker ...

4758080_0

Capture_3336133b.jpg

As usual you make a strong and virtually unanswerable case. Against your deluge of evidence-based analysis all I can do is come up with this pathetically brief response. A fair minded and reasonable person would conclude that any of the meagre costs incurred on the pursuit of Brexit are indeed chicken-feed when stacked up against the huge benefits thereof.

According to a recent report by S&P Global Ratings, Brexit has cost the British economy £66bn in just under three years - equivalent to around £1,000 per person in the country.
The financial services company calculated that since the referendum, the UK has missed out on £550m of economic growth per week.
A sharp drop in the value of the pound has caused much of the damage by reducing people’s purchasing power, analysts say. Weaker sterling has meant imports are more expensive, with rising prices passed on to consumers.
“Household spending would have been considerably stronger - in line with GDP - had the referendum not occurred,” says the S&P report, titled Countdown To Brexit: What Might Have Been For The UK Economy.

When oh when will these Project Fear merchants and stop caring on about trivialities such as loss of GDP, business confidence, decline in living standards, industrial decline, international credibility and all that nonsense - and start concentrating on the things that matter like really funny t-shirts and stuff??

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

As has been pointed out, there may be other reasons he wasn't recognised as an MEP, and to think running a parliament of MEPs representing 27 different countries interests won't be bureaucratic and technically complex may be a little naive.

But what do you think he is going to do about it.

Stay and work to change the things he doesn't agree with or run all the way back to Sheffield with his fingers in his ears shouting about how Horrid they are at the EU and how he will never ever have anything more to do with them ever again ?

I wonder which approach he will adopt ???

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
https://mobile.twitter.com/Jefferson_MFG/status/1150817188867182592

Opening soon: Japanese-owned automotive supplier G-Tem is building a £20m factory in Gloucestershire - the manufacturer already employs 500 people in the region and a further 150 jobs are set to be created at the new 120,000 sq ft facility #UKmfg #GBmfg

And employment growth closer to home

https://www.gumtree.com/p/jobs/become-a-personal-trainer-with-the-gym-group/5396735919

https://www.gumtree.com/p/jobs/housekeeper-cleaner-for-private-family/5396778389

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I thought I would have tired of these by now, but they do still raise a smile:-

[tweet]1150746956182040576[/tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here