Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Looks like you added it 2 tables ago, then it got lost in the last table along with a SB from [MENTION=29553]Rohan Ince's Python[/MENTION]

Sorry and thanks. I’ll sort RIP out. Easy to not get the latest page number recorded.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
You need to employ version control for the table!

I do! I use Git but old git version control manually recording the latest update in my calendar and forgetting to do it every time [MENTION=6625]Badger[/MENTION] gets a Pb.

I’m happy to resign......

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I had an absolute mate during my 5 x 1km session earlier today. :lolol: There was just nothing at all in the legs and although I got better (marginally!) as it went along, it was pretty tame and very tough. 4:41, 4:39, 4:30, 4:27, 4:06. Not great preparation for the Phoenix, but I'll be there and ready to shoot for silver!

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I had an absolute mate during my 5 x 1km session earlier today. :lolol: There was just nothing at all in the legs and although I got better (marginally!) as it went along, it was pretty tame and very tough. 4:41, 4:39, 4:30, 4:27, 4:06. Not great preparation for the Phoenix, but I'll be there and ready to shoot for silver!

I’m expecting more competition than last year.

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012
I do! I use Git but old git version control manually recording the latest update in my calendar and forgetting to do it every time [MENTION=6625]Badger[/MENTION] gets a Pb.

I’m happy to resign......

We won’t accept your resignation. Your currently on loan to Arena but we expect you to see out your contract here.

In a moment of weakness I considered running Phoenix. Thankfully it quickly passed but hope all those running have a good night.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
We won’t accept your resignation. Your currently on loan to Arena but we expect you to see out your contract here.

In a moment of weakness I considered running Phoenix. Thankfully it quickly passed but hope all those running have a good night.

Just checked. The final 9 spaces are available. Capacity has been upped to 700 this year. Would be good to see you and [MENTION=24635]Greg Bobkin[/MENTION] there.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I can't believe I'm typing these words, but I might be back in the game...

I'm currently in New York and brought running-ish type stuff with me because I wanted to go for early morning walks in Central Park and it's hot and sticky over here. Yesterday morning I thought I'd have a go at running a bit and I completed 4.1 miles without stopping and with no pain from my troublesome knee. I took it easy because I didn't think I'd have any fitness at all, and a mile would probably be beyond me. It turned out I averaged 9:33, but negative splitted - 9:52 - 9:44 - 9:39 - 9:04 - 8:52.

Obviously the sensible thing to do now would be to take it easy for a` few days and see how things feel.

I ignored that and went out again this morning, running Central end to end for 6 miles at an average of 8:52, with my fifth mile being the fastest at 8:27.

I'm completely dumbfounded that I am able to run pain-free and that I have the fitness to cover six miles at any pace at all without stopping. I can only think all the walking I do with the dog has got me into reasonable shape without me realising it. Due to not drinking and eating healthily, I've dropped c3 stone so far this year and my weight is somewhere around what it was when I did run c40 miles a week, so that's obviously helping too.

I really am stunned, and also very happy.

dab487f3547cda3d834fa0353188d2cd.jpg

b7594575e04aab15ff7778fecd398430.jpg

That’s fantastic.......the 3 stone will be the biggest single factor in your ability to crack along at that kind of pace for sure. Welcome back [emoji106] Central Park is a brilliant place to run, I love it.......

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012
Just checked. The final 9 spaces are available. Capacity has been upped to 700 this year. Would be good to see you and [MENTION=24635]Greg Bobkin[/MENTION] there.

The lack of reward swung it. No medal no harmonica but thanks for looking in to it.

I’m going to stick to my usual 2 10k’s Newick and Hellingly. Both give medals

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Think my winter training partner has nabbed one of them as he’s just text me to ask about start times and bag storage. Should we meet near the baggage storage around 7ish pre race? Yes I know this means 7.28 for Ninja. I actually intend to warm up though :lolol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I can't believe I'm typing these words, but I might be back in the game...

I'm currently in New York and brought running-ish type stuff with me because I wanted to go for early morning walks in Central Park and it's hot and sticky over here. Yesterday morning I thought I'd have a go at running a bit and I completed 4.1 miles without stopping and with no pain from my troublesome knee. I took it easy because I didn't think I'd have any fitness at all, and a mile would probably be beyond me. It turned out I averaged 9:33, but negative splitted - 9:52 - 9:44 - 9:39 - 9:04 - 8:52.

Obviously the sensible thing to do now would be to take it easy for a` few days and see how things feel.

I ignored that and went out again this morning, running Central end to end for 6 miles at an average of 8:52, with my fifth mile being the fastest at 8:27.

I'm completely dumbfounded that I am able to run pain-free and that I have the fitness to cover six miles at any pace at all without stopping. I can only think all the walking I do with the dog has got me into reasonable shape without me realising it. Due to not drinking and eating healthily, I've dropped c3 stone so far this year and my weight is somewhere around what it was when I did run c40 miles a week, so that's obviously helping too.

I really am stunned, and also very happy.

dab487f3547cda3d834fa0353188d2cd.jpg

b7594575e04aab15ff7778fecd398430.jpg

Great stuff mate. Back in the game...

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Think my winter training partner has nabbed one of them as he’s just text me to ask about start times and bag storage. Should we meet near the baggage storage around 7ish pre race? Yes I know this means 7.28 for Ninja. I actually intend to warm up though :lolol:

I'm aiming to arrive around 7pm. Drop bag off and then a 1/1.5 mile jog before the start. Wind is looking around 10 MPH (westerly) so not ideal but a little bit of assistance from halfway.

Who's running from NSC? And who will be in the Brunswick afterwards?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Noooooo

Injury? Hoping for a miracle cure (or that this is typical knocky mindgames....)

You'll wish you hadn't asked.............
Since my month off with the achilles I didn't have time to train for the Weakest Link, Arena Worthing Parkrun Race and Arena track mile at Withdean, all in the space of 10 days. So I used mind over matter and ran all 3 at 100% effort and only 90-95% of pace.
Very happy with times but end result was being completely shagged for last 2 weeks. On top of that it's one of the rare couple of weeks where I do any work. I've been ripping out our kitchen and getting it ready for the carpenter. 10 hour days of super human effort has left me even more than completely shagged.

Body says no, brain says no but the heart would chase any man, woman or beast this evening even if in vain.

All positive as I'll have nothing to do but train in a few weeks. I'll save the table updates for you all till tomorrow. Good luck.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I'll be aiming to arrive around 7ish as well. I'm feeling fresher than I was expecting, but we'll see how I feel when actually getting to the starting line! I'm effectively using tonight as a launch pad for training for an October marathon - I'll be looking to run sub-45 tonight but push on in the last couple of KMs if I've got anything in the tank.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Good luck all, over the demon distance!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here