Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Add refusing to read or listen properly to anything anybody says and just come up with the same shouty argument over and over again.

Which, obviously, no one else on this thread does...

You suggested laying out the arguments for Remain in a calm manner. This has been done many, many times, but is always dismissed as Project Fear or Fake News. I fully understand The Clamp's exasperation, and his contributions to this thread make me smile.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Which, obviously, no one else on this thread does...

You suggested laying out the arguments for Remain in a calm manner. This has been done many, many times, but is always dismissed as Project Fear or Fake News. I fully understand The Clamp's exasperation, and his contributions to this thread make me smile.

:)

Just because more people on the day voted to leave, doesn’t validate the moronic opinions of the leave voters, doesn’t mean we suddenly respect those views. Just means there’s more idiots than sensible people.

Plus, one doesn’t have to engage with anyone they find unpleasant. Plenty on here don’t act as much of a prick as me, plenty of people making sound, respectful points on here they could engage with.

They choose to have an argument instead. We are clearly going to crash out with no deal by October so they should relax, take it easy, the idiots won. They should be happy.

I’ve been posting objectionable, pompous bollocks on NSC for over 12 years. Unless I get banned I don’t plan on changing that anytime soon.

Life’s rich pattern.

Last edited:

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
You cite one person. Has it never occurred to you that there are likely to be some very undesirable people who voted remain? Apart from quite a lot of old people and thick people, maybe (just as there probably are on the leave side too) there'll be a few murderers, perhaps, a few paedophiles, very likely - yet no-one goes around claiming all remainers sympathise with murderers or paedophiles. Horrible people do sometimes votes - for all parties or referendums.
I think you'll find most of us leavers haven't got your experience of KKK Youtube channels - we're not as interested as you apparently are, even if you only do it for giving you a chance to call out one leaver as racist. And from that you justify remainers continuously and repeatedly calling all leavers old, thick, racists, dismissing it as a 'trope'.
Happy to be corrected? Good. You just have been.

Well, there's a classic of the genre, unsurprising from yourself, the king of these passive aggressive, victim status claiming posts. The examples are numerous and can not be fobbed off as a few bad apples. For a quick summary, take a look back at the Brexit march, where, amongst others there were actual white supremacists banner waving. If people like yourself were to condemn more of the pondlife who attach themself to the brexit cause then I might still have some sympathy for the average leave voter being maligned. Until then.

I don't use Das Reich as one example to justify my argument, I just like to periodically remind people that on NSC we actually have a poster who calls himself Das Reich who links to far right Youtube channels. I think it's worth mentioning.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Well, there's a classic of the genre, unsurprising from yourself, the king of these passive aggressive, victim status claiming posts. The examples are numerous and can not be fobbed off as a few bad apples. For a quick summary, take a look back at the Brexit march, where, amongst others there were actual white supremacists banner waving. If people like yourself were to condemn more of the pondlife who attach themself to the brexit cause then I might still have some sympathy for the average leave voter being maligned. Until then.

I don't use Das Reich as one example to justify my argument, I just like to periodically remind people that on NSC we actually have a poster who calls himself Das Reich who links to far right Youtube channels. I think it's worth mentioning.

Das is an utter prick. But I tell you what, I wouldn’t be without him. Plus if we culled all the wallies on here I’d have to eventually turn the gun on myself.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Haven’t looked at this thread for a while and am a little surprised how big the remain vote is if there was a second referendum. Never seen as many votes on an NSC poll before either.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
A quite convincing majority supported the new Brexit Party which it should be remembered was only launched SIX weeks ago.

Should it come to an election and they ran fundamentally on the one issue which divides the nation then you would find you would have a PM called Nigel Farage as all the Remain votes would be divided into all the other remain parties such as Lib Dem, Green, whereas the Leave voters would be drawn to only one Party, BREXIT.

Tread carefully UK politicians

Not really.

Farage and whatever party he represents at the time would need to win seats in a constituency by constituency basis. He has consistently failed to do this and that is actually true of the Greens as well.

They are successful in EU elections because of the PR voting system. Within a general election the result would be totally different. Farages best hope would be to try and win a couple of seats and act as king maker as per the DUP with May.

And when it comes to the straight up actual popular vote, the majority is not with Farage or Brexit.

We are in the same place we were at before. The Tories and Labour in danger of splintering further while the country is still polarised.

Nothing has changed.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Look sunshine I'm of mixed race and by far the remainers on here insult far more. Beleive me I've been called some names and still am and let it go but regularly get insulted by the crew on here

'Sunshine?'
I've been called worse.
Sorry you have been insulted; as far as I know I have not insulted you.
I just don't see how you conclude that Remain supporting mods are somehow conspiring to let insults go more on one side of the argument than the other... Evidence?

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
You cite one person. Has it never occurred to you that there are likely to be some very undesirable people who voted remain? Apart from quite a lot of old people and thick people, maybe (just as there probably are on the leave side too) there'll be a few murderers, perhaps, a few paedophiles, very likely - yet no-one goes around claiming all remainers sympathise with murderers or paedophiles. Horrible people do sometimes votes - for all parties or referendums.
I think you'll find most of us leavers haven't got your experience of KKK Youtube channels - we're not as interested as you apparently are, even if you only do it for giving you a chance to call out one leaver as racist. And from that you justify remainers continuously and repeatedly calling all leavers old, thick, racists, dismissing it as a 'trope'.
Happy to be corrected? Good. You just have been.

1. Not all Leave voters were racist bigots.

2. All, or almost all, racist bigots were Leave voters.

There is no contradiction in these two statements. Are you truly incapable of seeing the distinction, or just wilfully ignoring it?

Who can say what the Leave/Remain divide was among paedophiles and murderers - it may well have been 52-48 like the rest of the population. But whether you like it or not, the overwhelming majority of Britain's racist bigots are among your fellow travellers on the big red Brexit bus. You can move to a different seat, or stare out of the window with your headphones turned up so you don't have to listen to them spouting their bile, but they will still be there because they're getting off at your stop.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
When we think of Hitler and the Nazis we conjure images of the Nuremberg rallies, the troops storming across continents, bombs raining on the cities of Europe. We think of the holocaust and the power of the dark armies wiping out generations of people.
Tank divisions and mighty battles.
We rarely think of the early days. The silly little man in beer halls, rousing the racist and the anti semite and the dissatisfied.
The street thugs beating up foreigners.
We rarely recall the gradual drip feed of hatred and propaganda coming from the marginal group of disregarded misfits, gradually gaining traction.
We do however regret that we didn’t spot the signs earlier.
This is why any comparison to the Nazis is ridiculed and dismissed. Some have simply forgotten where the seeds were sown.
Why are the left so animated, so angry, so motivated? Because we remember. And we remember the consequences when good people did nothing.
Events are cyclical.
The Farages and the Robinsons and the Brexit party of today, these are the same enemy. Just at an earlier stage in the cycle. And the supporters of such hate groups, the same supporters, just at an earlier stage in the cycle.
But garner strength from the fact that we are also part of that cycle. Do not make the same mistakes. Oppose.

History is crying out to us. Listen. Listen and ignore at your peril.

Last edited:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Also chuck in Sinn Fein, The Alliance and The SDLP v the 1690 lot in Northern Ireland once that gets announced. (I assume that's being counted today because such things can't be done on the sabbath up there.)

Results epected tomorrow (Tuesday).

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
You’re bang on. I had to drop into Paradise Park Garden Centre today in Newhaven, on the way home from an archaeological lecture of early settlements above Birling Gap, to buy some shade loving all year round ferns.....what were the Tory party thinking when they decided to let you lot plan the future.

i live abroad ...i don't vote in the UK despite being entitled , i think expats who crap on about brexit on Facebook , twitter , instagram etc. are bang out of order ,i don't live in the UK any more , not my problem , i voted green in the last Australian election .....i am unaware of any ferns that are frost tolerant , please enlighten me so i may prostrate myself
before your gargantuan knowledge of absolutely everything.....theres a good chap.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
When we think of Hitler and the Nazis we conjure images of the Nuremberg rallies, the troops storming across continents, bombs raining on the cities of Europe. We think of the holocaust and the power of the dark armies wiping out generations of people.
Tank divisions and mighty battles.
We rarely think of the early days. The silly little man in beer halls, rousing the racist and the anti semite and the dissatisfied.
The street thugs beating up foreigners.
We rarely recall the gradual drip feed of hatred and propaganda coming from the marginal group of disregarded misfits, gradually gaining traction.
We do however regret that we didn’t spot the signs earlier.
This is why any comparison to the Nazis is ridiculed and dismissed. Some have simply forgotten where the seeds were sown.
Why are the left so animated, so angry, so motivated? Because we remember. And we remember the consequences when good people did nothing.
Events are cyclical.
The Farages and the Robinsons and the Brexit party of today, these are the same enemy. Just at an earlier stage in the cycle. And the supporters of such hate groups, the same supporters, just at an earlier stage in the cycle.
But garner strength from the fact that we are also part of that cycle. Do not make the same mistakes. Oppose.

History is crying out to us. Listen. Listen and ignore at your peril.

ok old boy ......the organisation and commitment required to mobilise war machine the size of the nazi regime is long gone .......30, 000 pissed up football lads draws condemnation and widespread coverage and is put forward as a far right issue .......the closing of entire towns in the midlands to allow prayer meeting for up to 130 k worshippers just doesn't seem to be a problem ....i'll wait for you putdown with trepidation......the next war will be the one that saves the planet , humans in the 21st century are coast to coast morons.....imho.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
ok old boy ......the organisation and commitment required to mobilise war machine the size of the nazi regime is long gone .......30, 000 pissed up football lads draws condemnation and widespread coverage and is put forward as a far right issue .......the closing of entire towns in the midlands to allow prayer meeting for up to 130 k worshippers just doesn't seem to be a problem ....i'll wait for you putdown with trepidation......the next war will be the one that saves the planet , humans in the 21st century are coast to coast morons.....imho.

Ah yes. The war to end all wars. Heard that somewhere before.

Look, I voted Remain, others voted leave. Fine. We will leave , I’m sure of that . We could probably just do without some mad **** like Farage running around in the middle of it all, stirring up shit.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

I missed that towns were closed down for a prayer meeting, did the Pope visit again?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Again, if you support a party run by a racist what does that make you?

So just to make crystal clear here, you are calling me a racist because I voted for an anti-EU party ? Be careful how you tread Plooks !

[MENTION=15363]Plooks[/MENTION] - you seem to have gone very quiet ! Come on, it's a simple yes or no question - are YOU calling ME a racist ?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here