Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The first “I want Hughton back” post What date next season?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I sincerely doubt I’ll ever want to watch us play like we have recently again, so you can count me out of that thought, however bad it gets.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Might be later, there are those that assure us that even if we're losing, as long as we're attacking they won't mind. :thumbsup:

Just intent to attack against teams at our level and the belief that we can still win games even if we go a goal down will do for me. The occasional thumping is acceptable as long as it’s occasional.

el punal

I don’t think it will happen. Whoever takes over will be given a chance for the first 2/3 months. If it’s starting to go tits up a la Hyypia style by November time then he (new manager) will be getting it in the neck. Start worrying when Tim Sherwood’s name is chanted by the Amex masses. :eek:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I don’t think it will happen. Whoever takes over will be given a chance for the first 2/3 months. If it’s starting to go tits up a la Hyypia style by November time then he (new manager) will be getting it in the neck. Start worrying when Tim Sherwood’s name is chanted by the Amex masses. :eek:

I think a big name would prob get longer. An unknown risk and they wont be given a lot of time from some in the crowd

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Just intent to attack against teams at our level and the belief that we can still win games even if we go a goal down will do for me. The occasional thumping is acceptable as long as it’s occasional.

I think we had the intent to attack against Southampton, Bournemouth and Cardiff – we were just poor. Belief is a transient ethereal thing, can arrive as quickly as it can disappear. No one accepted that run, even though we set up to win those games. Do you think Fulham accepted their poor run even though they looked great going forward? No of course not, they sacked their manager after 3 months.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
I sincerely doubt I’ll ever want to watch us play like we have recently again, so you can count me out of that thought, however bad it gets.

Same, pretty much the worst football I've ever seen. No options going foward so punt it up the pitch to an ageing, very slow striker with no support around him. Great finisher is Murray but next to useless stuck up there on his own at this level. It was almost Sunday league stuff at times. No more indeterminable waits for substitutions now either. Need a bit of decisiveness on the touch line and in changing a team when it is not functioning very well so whatever the future brings I welcome some fresh ideas coming into the club. CH did a great job getting us to the Premier league and it's now time to shake things up a bit. The whole squad, ethos and togetherness of the club under CH was completely stagnating this season. TB had no choice but to change things. No point in regretting it, it was entirely necessary.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I think we had the intent to attack against Southampton, Bournemouth and Cardiff – we were just poor. Belief is a transient ethereal thing, can arrive as quickly as it can disappear. No one accepted that run, even though we set up to win those games. Do you think Fulham accepted their poor run even though they looked great going forward? No of course not, they sacked their manager after 3 months.

There seemed to be an obsession with defending most of the season. The forwards were never trusted to be forwards for more than a few minutes each game before they were ordered back to defend. I suggest that they were the most affected by lack of confidence because the manager SHOWED no confidence in them. I know you are all about defending so respect your views but our forwards have come in for a right slagging all season and imo it’s the manager’s fault for totally destroying their confidence :shrug:

We could not shake off the defend defend defend mentality in those 3 games and once we conceded the wheels came off completely.

I admire many posters defence of CH, a man who did so much for us but he had reached his level and couldn’t adjust, again just imo.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
11th August

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
20 seconds after the first loss or poor performance of the season.... it'll be on here.

Yeah and it will be started by [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION] :rolleyes:

scooter1

How soon is now?
Woke up today thinking i’d dreamed yesterdays events......can’t help wondering that if we had been relegated would he have kept his job ..now that would have been be ironic
I very much suspect that he'd have kept his job if we'd been relegated, regardless of what was printed in respect of the sacking happening after the Cardiff debacle.
Whoever comes in, I hope we do whatever we do with a fight. The last 3 months have been painful to watch and i'd rather go down fighting than revisit the last 3 months

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here