Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sam Allardyce

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
obviously i would prefer us to stay up , but some of these mug players need to realise what they are playing for .......very disappointing run down to the season.

i'm a builder , i do kitchens and bathrooms etc. if i do a shit job i don't get any work ....Augestien was the start of a slippery slope , gambling on foreign players ....Bournemouth are a great example of what can be done with home grown players......our lot are piss weak.

I agree about young hungry British players.... We've had nothing truly decent from the Dutch leagues and a lot of dross, Locadia is pants, Elvis Manu was hopeless and Roland Bergkamp there is no expletive strong enough..... But the club still persist in shopping in that league.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
A troll post and a load of snobbish replies. Both confusing.

I'd take him now, you'd be a fool not to. It's not as if the football or indeed the results can get any worse.

Unfortunately I don't think he does lost causes.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I agree about young hungry British players.... We've had nothing truly decent from the Dutch leagues and a lot of dross, Locadia is pants, Elvis Manu was hopeless and Roland Bergkamp there is no expletive strong enough..... But the club still persist in shopping in that league.

Yet Ajax in the Champions League Semi-Final and Holland in the Finals of the Nations League. Incredible

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
i'm a builder , i do kitchens and bathrooms etc. if i do a shit job i don't get any work ...

If a footballer does a shit job, he doesn't make it to the Premier League - and in the long run won't get any work either. The only difference is, he's on a short term contract which means he'll be used for a while: as are some builders and plumbers, presumably.

And as I expect the next answer will be about money, well... yeh.. that's true. He'll still be rich. But then I imagine the top 1000 builders in the world are pretty well off too....

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Last edited:

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
I had a chat with a fellow fan in the beer queue after Bournemouth and he was advocating change and suggested Allardyce. I smiled, chuckled inwardly, put it down to the emotions following our humiliation and walked off...

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
If a footballer does a shit job, he doesn't make it to the Premier League - and in the long run won't get any work either. The only difference is, he's on a short term contract which means he'll be used for a while: as are some builders and plumbers, presumably.

And as I expect the next answer will be about money, well... yeh.. that's true. He'll still be rich. But then I imagine the top 1000 builders in the world are pretty well off too....

as a builder i don't get signed up on 40 k a week for 5 years regardless of the quality of my work .....that's the nuts of it .

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
I am beginning to think that big Sam is a good idea, bad cwww, bad cwww.

How the @#+* did it get to this ?

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
To be honest, I don't think he'll take the job if he is offered it like I've been told. When he's managed big clubs like Sunderland and Crystal Palace I don't think he would take a role where it's likely too late to save them.

Big clubs like Palace lol lol lol lol lol lol
Move along please

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
More worried about bottle tops and flasks this season, January window was crucial IMO and it slipped away with a whimper.

The flask fiasco was a big smokescreen to deflect attention away from what was really going on at the club. Appears that these smoke grenades weren’t banned at all.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
You could do a lot worse.
The problems being that he’ll only have 5 games to work his magic, and he’ll want a mega survival bonus paid .

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
as a builder i don't get signed up on 40 k a week for 5 years regardless of the quality of my work .....that's the nuts of it .

There are a lot more builders in the world than people with the footballing talent to make it to the level where they earn that. And, sadly for builders, hundreds of millions of people every week don't want to stump up the money to watch them do their job. That's the nuts of it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here