Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Starting line up swansea

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
according to you, he wouldn't have played them... work it out for yourself...

You answer the last question.. it is you who are saying Chris doesn't select new players... incorrectly, of course...
What I said was:-

Jose has often been rotated, while Propper and Gross clearly would have had less game time if Kayal was available.

You said:-

Your argument falls on the fact that Ryan and Propper (other new players?) have played every PL game, surely?

I asked who would you have played (already in the squad) in their places?

From then on you seem to have got a bit silly without actually answering my question.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Does anyone still remember the good old days when the only striker dilemma we had was Murray or Hemed.

#SimplierTimes.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
What I said was:-

Jose has often been rotated, while Propper and Gross clearly would have had less game time if Kayal was available.

You said:-

I asked who would you have played (already in the squad) in their places?

From then on you seem to have got a bit silly without actually answering my question.

You also said:

"I'm also reminded of a comment floated on here, possibly by [MENTION=30752]NooBHA[/MENTION], it certainly came with some credibility, (sorry Noo that isn't a compliment more a shot at the bollox the rest of us write. ) that Hughton needs to Hughtonise his players.

He's not going to play them until he trusts them and he's not going to trust a player until he has worked with them.

That does rather hold up with this seasons signings."

So, you seem to be the one being 'silly'... you are just plain wrong that our Chris doesn't start new players... sorry... answer your own silly question...

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Goals win games, we may have to win ugly but win we must. Gross plays lovely football but we have suffered all season with end product, we need end product.

Its a game of opinions and all that, but this isn't just an odd 'opinion' - its a downright factually incorrect statement. Pascal Gross has contributed STATISTICALLY the MOST 'end product', of any of our players this season, and is very high up the list of 'chances created' in the entire Premier League (in fact he's TOP in the entire league, over the last 7 matches).

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You also said:

"I'm also reminded of a comment floated on here, possibly by [MENTION=30752]NooBHA[/MENTION], it certainly came with some credibility, (sorry Noo that isn't a compliment more a shot at the bollox the rest of us write. ) that Hughton needs to Hughtonise his players.

He's not going to play them until he trusts them and he's not going to trust a player until he has worked with them.

That does rather hold up with this seasons signings."

So, you seem to be the one being 'silly'... you are just plain wrong that our Chris doesn't start new players... sorry... answer your own silly question...

Blimey you are making this hard work.

I believe if CH had other options, ones familiar to him, in the case of Propper that would have been Kayal, Kayal would have taken quite a lot of game time from Propper.
As Kayal or anyone else wasn't available CH had no choice but to play Propper, not exactly a hardship.

Begging the question if my thinking is so flawed who would you have played instead of Propper?

If Ryan and Stockdale were this season 'battling for the shirt', I believe it would have automatically been DS' until such time as he lost it.

Begging the question if my thinking is so flawed who would you have played instead of Ryan?

Actually I'll save you the trouble.
There were no other options so (luckily for us) they have, as you say, played all season.

Schelotto
Suttner
&
Jose

Have all had to play past established squad players with varying degrees of success.
While Gross had the luxury of joining a squad that didn't previously have a like for like comparison.

As much as I would like to see Locadia stroll straight into the starting XI, and boss it, I think he'll have to earn his place ahead of Murray or Gross instead of just have it instantly given to him.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
This is what I'm saying... I guess the people saying we should hold back on the Locadia selection just want us to take a more cautious approach again Swansea, which is a valid POV too... I just disagree wholeheartedly! :)
To call it 'more cautious' is a bit misleading, even if correct on a technicality. If our wingers are attacking and Gross is pushing forward, it's not particularly cautious.

Tim Over Whelmed

Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Its a game of opinions and all that, but this isn't just an odd 'opinion' - its a downright factually incorrect statement. Pascal Gross has contributed STATISTICALLY the MOST 'end product', of any of our players this season, and is very high up the list of 'chances created' in the entire Premier League (in fact he's TOP in the entire league, over the last 7 matches).

I never doubted he's "created chances", my point at the outset was he "seems to me" to be reluctant to shoot and we, as a team, have scored less than one goal per game, we need to score more goals than .81 per game if we are going to secure our Premier League status. I haven't written this to offend anyone but you seem to take my opinion personally, we can all write in capitals and appear OUTRAGED but it is just my opinion of which I'm probably entitled to as much as you are yours?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I never doubted he's "created chances", my point at the outset was he "seems to me" to be reluctant to shoot and we, as a team, have scored less than one goal per game, we need to score more goals than .81 per game if we are going to secure our Premier League status. I haven't written this to offend anyone but you seem to take my opinion personally, we can all write in capitals and appear OUTRAGED but it is just my opinion of which I'm probably entitled to as much as you are yours?
You are entitled to it. Nobody is disputing that. It's just that you're wrong. [emoji23]

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Read somewhere, can't for the life of me remember where, that Hughton has already said Locadia will start on Saturday. I think it was on Brighton Pro, on Facebook. Any truth in that?:bhasign:
Edit,
Forget this load of old dribble.....must have been thinking of the Coventry game.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Read somewhere, can't for the life of me remember where, that Hughton has already said Locadia will start on Saturday. I think it was on Brighton Pro, on Facebook. Any truth in that?:bhasign:

I hope he does, assuming we can dodge the 'he's shit - Discuss' threads Saturday evening, him starting will certainly be preferable to 'we'd have won if Jurgen started' threads.

That said I'm sure 'Barnes would have scored that' will rear it's ugly head.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Read somewhere, can't for the life of me remember where, that Houghton has already said Locadia will start on Saturday. I think it was on Brighton Pro, on Facebook. Any truth in that?
On the FotMob app (which I presume just gathers info from the same SAUCES) it had an article that said the same thing as a sort of tagline. Then in the article itself it said nothing whatsoever about that and was just a few quotes from JL saying how he's loving it so far.

They did the same with an Ulloa quote which supposedly meant something he didn't say. It's called clickbait.....and I fell for both. Although I did actually want to read the articles anyway.

So I presume they're recycling the "he'll start Saturday" thing from last week.

Fake news folks, fake news. As the pissgibbon says.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
On the FotMob app (which I presume just gathers info from the same SAUCES) it had an article that said the same thing as a sort of tagline. Then in the article itself it said nothing whatsoever about that and was just a few quotes from JL saying how he's loving it so far.

They did the same with an Ulloa quote which supposedly meant something he didn't say. It's called clickbait.....and I fell for both. Although I did actually want to read the articles anyway.

So I presume they're recycling the "he'll start Saturday" thing from last week.

Fake news folks, fake news. As the pissgibbon says.

Cheers for that, thought I was going mad!

Tim Over Whelmed

Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
You are entitled to it. Nobody is disputing that. It's just that you're wrong. [emoji23]

Thank you for clearing that up, silly me! :lolol:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
To call it 'more cautious' is a bit misleading, even if correct on a technicality. If our wingers are attacking and Gross is pushing forward, it's not particularly cautious.

No, just more cautious...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Blimey you are making this hard work.

I believe if CH had other options, ones familiar to him, in the case of Propper that would have been Kayal, Kayal would have taken quite a lot of game time from Propper.
As Kayal or anyone else wasn't available CH had no choice but to play Propper, not exactly a hardship.

Begging the question if my thinking is so flawed who would you have played instead of Propper?

If Ryan and Stockdale were this season 'battling for the shirt', I believe it would have automatically been DS' until such time as he lost it.

Begging the question if my thinking is so flawed who would you have played instead of Ryan?

Actually I'll save you the trouble.
There were no other options so (luckily for us) they have, as you say, played all season.

Schelotto
Suttner
&
Jose

Have all had to play past established squad players with varying degrees of success.
While Gross had the luxury of joining a squad that didn't previously have a like for like comparison.

As much as I would like to see Locadia stroll straight into the starting XI, and boss it, I think he'll have to earn his place ahead of Murray or Gross instead of just have it instantly given to him.

Fair enough, and I agree... so, he plays new players where they are the best alternative, so ... I ask you, do you think Locadia may turn out to be better than Sam B? I believe so, although I've only seen him once...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Fair enough, and I agree... so, he plays new players where they are the best alternative, so ... I ask you, do you think Locadia may turn out to be better than Sam B? I believe so, although I've only seen him once...
Of course.
The 'problem' (for the purposes of debate) is the team, despite the obvious shortcomings, has done pretty well without SB.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014

I get it now. Your concern is that we've only scored 22 goals all season (0.81 per game), and your solution to that, is to drop the player that has (by way of scoring or assisting) provided HALF of them.

Understood.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here