Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Saudi Players Ignore minutes silence

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I think you are missing the point (probably deliberately)... when I'm in a foreign country, I respect their way of doing things... in this case, they chose not to observe the minutes silence, which is, in my eyes, disrespectful... whether it is right to hold a minutes silence or not is another matter, and seems to be what you are focusing on...

Correct

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
we have to keep our weapons industry that employs thousands gainfully employed and Saudi are one of the main contributors. My mate works for British Aerospace in Broughton North Wales and they have been told to expect that the wings for the airbusses they manufacture will be going to France...so we had better find some other middle eastern despotic country to sell our weapons to..how about Iran?

Iran is much less despotic, having an elected president. The Saudis only have municipal elections every five or six years, with women first allowed to vote only in 2015.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Watching the video - nothing to be outraged about at all - everyone seems respectful enough. And the Saudi manager is called Bert.

Hamilton

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
1490269627469-zig.jpeg

[MENTION=99]B.W.[/MENTION] It's not always a good idea to respect the ways of another country...

However, what the Saudi's were doing not forming a line I have no idea! Poor judgment on their part. They may have stood quietly in position, but they know the unwritten global behaviours we'd all expect. It's not exactly bringing us all together is it.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
1490269627469-zig.jpeg

[MENTION=99]B.W.[/MENTION] It's not always a good idea to respect the ways of another country...

However, what the Saudi's were doing not forming a line I have no idea! Poor judgment on their part. They may have stood quietly in position, but they know the unwritten global behaviours we'd all expect. It's not exactly bringing us all together is it.

I think I can see pretty pink fairy in the crowd

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Well according to the Saudis, Allah says women aren't allowed to drive cars.

Which says it all really......

Eminent theologists or historians might correct me, but I'm fairly certain that Allah never issued any decrees about the driving of motor cars.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
At what point do we change the title to "Saudi's agree to stand in silence in their own half of the field which isn't as pretty as standing in a line and pretending to be sad about something which doesn't relate to them at all, but let's over react before we know the facts anyway"?

A bit wordy, I'll grant you.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Eminent theologists or historians might correct me, but I'm fairly certain that Allah never issued any decrees about the driving of motor cars.

Oh I don't know. He apparently thinks its ok to blow yourself up and kill innocent people in the process.....

Real point here though is that other nations also have crackpot interpretations of Islam....

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If a Saudi team came to Wembley and the team prayed to Mecca on the pitch pre match due to some tragedy in the Middle East would our players join in? :smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here