Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do we need a defender in before Newcastle?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Need to change Dunk, Stockdale and Skalack and Hughton needs to stop rotating 5-6 players every game. He's starting to piss me off.

Are you having a laugh or did I miss something? Are you saying Dunk should be dropped? One of our best two players this season? And Stockdale (one of our best players last season) and Skalak (who has setup numerous goals through his crossing)? If Hughton is pissing you off, you are not a fan after what he's done for Brighton. Judging by other posts of yours, I wonder if you are a Palace troll

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Are you having a laugh or did I miss something? Are you saying Dunk should be dropped? One of our best two players this season? And Stockdale (one of our best players last season) and Skalak (who has setup numerous goals through his crossing)? If Hughton is pissing you off, you are not a fan after what he's done for Brighton. Judging by other posts of yours, I wonder if you are a Palace troll

Don't feed the troll.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Of course we need a new defender in before Newcastle.

2 defenders needed if Dunk goes.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
He's been on the Palace Watchlist for a while. Chance of Palace : strong.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
It was oh so ****ing obvious BEFORE the Reading game that we need another CB... now the club talking about needing a CB has to stop... time to stop ****ing about, sign a CB BEFORE the Newcastle game, or throw away any chance of coming away with a point or 3 at the (justified) favourites...

Sorry, posters who say we don't need another CB, you are talking utter, utter b0ll0x...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Liked this tweet from Liam tho'...

"Not our best today but still unbeaten. Fair play Reading well played. Injury hopefully not too bad + ready for Newcastle #together"

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
If Stephens does go to Burnley I would like us to go for Tendayi Darikwa as part of the deal.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Wow!

Jamie @persandwichman
Kermorgant mashing [MENTION=1387]Rose[/MENTION]nior_liam23 was best thing he's ever done in his #readingfc career hope you snapped the ****'s ankle �������� #bhafc

FFS... this Reading fan really is scum... the 4 stars in this moron's tweet rhyme with 'hunt' BTW...

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
What more convincing do people need that we require another experienced centre back? The idea that a club with title aspirations would be happy chucking a kid straight into the most difficult away game of the season is just bizarre. This isn't Football Manager. But setting aside the Rosenior scenario, we saw today anyway why Bruno is not a centre-back. Too easy to beat in the air and it almost cost us a couple of times. Better teams will be more ruthless. He admits himself he's not physically imposing enough for that position (even though on the whole he's done a really good job) and Hughton's convinced we need 1 more. The message is pretty clear - we need one more.

I agree with this part and in the event that we are unable to bring in anyone new I think I would play Ince along side Dunk for this one game. I think giving a youngster a debut away at Newcastle could be disastrous. At least Ince would not suffer any nerves.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
But we wont #pennypinch because Goldson and the BFG may be back. Poker player chairman hedging bets.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
It was oh so ****ing obvious BEFORE the Reading game that we need another CB... now the club talking about needing a CB has to stop... time to stop ****ing about, sign a CB BEFORE the Newcastle game, or throw away any chance of coming away with a point or 3 at the (justified) favourites...

Sorry, posters who say we don't need another CB, you are talking utter, utter b0ll0x...

But the club has actually done more than talk about needing a new CB. They've bid for a new CB.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
But the club has actually done more than talk about needing a new CB. They've bid for a new CB.

Not good enough. The club must have known they weren't going to renew GG's contract early this year (half-way through last season). They've known UH was badly injured for roughly the same amount of time. They knew CG was injured at the very start of pre-season... so the delay for a replacement to be signed is unacceptable IMHO...

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not good enough. The club must have known they weren't going to renew GG's contract early this year (half-way through last season). They've known UH was badly injured for roughly the same amount of time. They knew CG was injured at the very start of pre-season... so the delay for a replacement to be signed is unacceptable IMHO...
Not good enough? This isn't a Championship Manager computer game, it's real life. Our targets get gazumped and go to PL clubs. Other clubs play hard ball (like TB does) and refuse to sell. Players turn round and say they don't want to play for Brighton (unbelievable I know, but undoubtedly true).

Let's make this clear. I'm not saying we don't need to bring someone in (and hardly anybody else is advocating that either). I agree we do need to bring someone in. I'm sure the club is trying to find a CB. I hope they succeed.

But more than that, I hope they don't go down the road of making a panic buy that'll just be a drain on resources for the rest of the season just to keep supporters who are baying for the club to bring someone - anyone - in happy (and who probably won't be much better than the youngsters we've got anyway).

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Not good enough? This isn't a Championship Manager computer game, it's real life. Our targets get gazumped and go to PL clubs. Other clubs play hard ball (like TB does) and refuse to sell. Players turn round and say they don't want to play for Brighton (unbelievable I know, but undoubtedly true).

Let's make this clear. I'm not saying we don't need to bring someone in (and hardly anybody else is advocating that either). I agree we do need to bring someone in. I'm sure the club is trying to find a CB. I hope they succeed.

But more than that, I hope they don't go down the road of making a panic buy that'll just be a drain on resources for the rest of the season just to keep supporters who are baying for the club to bring someone - anyone - in happy (and who probably won't be much better than the youngsters we've got anyway).
I agree with most of what you say, but stand by what I said too; the club has failed to sign a replacement for GG having know the need is there for over half a year, so not good enough. Try recognising that not everything the club do is perfect then cut the shit about Championship Manager.

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I agree with most of what you say, but stand by what I said too; the club has failed to sign a replacement for GG having know the need is there for over half a year, so not good enough. Try recognising that not everything the club do is perfect then cut the shit about Championship Manager.
I sometimes wonder if the club planned to give Greer another 12 months contract (as most of us expected, I think) but he threw a spanner in the works by letting the club know he wouldn't be interested and wanted to go elsewhere to get game time.
I've never said the club is perfect; I've said I'm sure they're trying to find the right person. And frankly, too many people do seem to think that buying new players is like Championship Manager! Trying is one thing; they still might not succeed.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Phillipe Sendeross is a free agent would he be expensive and could he do a job?

Hmmm.....not a bad shout, but the fact that he seems to be on the shelf at the tender age (for a defender) of 31 suggests that the injuries he suffered at Villa which resulted in his contract being ended by mutual consent may be, at best, career limiting. We do seem to like signing sick-notes, though.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Hmmm.....not a bad shout, but the fact that he seems to be on the shelf at the tender age (for a defender) of 31 suggests that the injuries he suffered at Villa which resulted in his contract being ended by mutual consent may be, at best, career limiting. We do seem to like signing sick-notes, though.

After Villa he signed a 6 month contract at Grasshoppers so now a free agent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here