Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do the LICKERS still need DE-BUNKING?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Well [MENTION=99]B.W.[/MENTION] do they?

Some people on this forum can't decide what to clean first, their bed sheets or the egg on their faces.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Bedwetters 1 Lickers 1 I think you'll find

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
One things for sure:-

ITK 0

This sort of sneering attitude annoys me. Does anyone really claim to be ITK? I certainly don't. If however I am told something shareable, I share it. If not, I make no pretence to have any kind of knowledge.

Back on topic: isn't it a bit early to be forming any sort of opinion of where we are. Sure, the signs are very promising, but a lot of people thought that after our back-to-back victories over Leeds and Bolton in August last season?

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This sort of sneering attitude annoys me. Does anyone really claim to be ITK? I certainly don't. If however I am told something shareable, I share it. If not, I make no pretence to have any kind of knowledge.

Back on topic: isn't it a bit early to be forming any sort of opinion of where we are. Sure, the signs are very promising, but a lot of people thought that after our back-to-back victories over Leeds and Bolton in August last season?
There's a fair few, certainly at the start of the transfer window when all the usual suspects were being banged on about.

FWIW I don't include you for the reasons you give.

Being one of the anti 'lets get the old gang back together' gobshites I couldn't be happier with this transfer window.
A weak squad has clearly been seriously strengthened.
CH has a cracking mix of youth and experience to select from.
There's now a value to the squad, and it's all very exciting.

One Teddy Maybank

Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Must admit I was very concerned until the Zamora signing, though part of me thinks it was in desperation, else why not earlier?

I know I'm against the majority, but would have taken the money for Dunk.

It feels like a good window for us so far, time will tell how each signing does, but there appears more about us than at this time last year.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
Jul 23, 2003

Of course you're right. You'll have to forgive me an indulgence but the person I mentioned was claiming in early JULY that it had all gone wrong again and used the specific phrase in the thread title. There's no guarantee of promotion or even top half and the time to judge this window is really just before the next one opens. However I do not know a single Brighton fan who isn't MASSIVELY excited right now. I don't remember anyone turning cartwheels at the idea of Gary Gardner on loan.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
There's a fair few, certainly at the start of the transfer window when all the usual suspects were being banged on about.

FWIW I don't include you for the reasons you give.

Being one of the anti 'lets get the old gang back together' gobshites I couldn't be happier with this transfer window.
A weak squad has clearly been seriously strengthened.
CH has a cracking mix of youth and experience to select from.
There's now a value to the squad, and it's all very exciting.

There were a few who were right about BZ and someone (can't remember who) who told us about Hunnemeir before he signed.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There were a few who were right about BZ and someone (can't remember who) who told us about Hunnemeir before he signed.
Oh come on predicting an out of contract club legend's return is hardly ITK, esp when it was happening at the end of the week, 2 months ago.

That's almost as far off the mark as the club needing to sell players before it can buy :wink:.

Unless we're taking about a different thread I thought Uwe was more about eagle eyed t'internetting than 'I've been told, from a reliable source...'.

Anyway as [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION] says it'll be all over by Christmas.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Oh come on predicting an out of contract club legend's return is hardly ITK, esp when it was happening at the end of the week, 2 months ago.

That's almost as far off the mark as the club needing to sell players before it can buy :wink:.

Unless we're taking about a different thread I thought Uwe was more about eagle eyed t'internetting than 'I've been told, from a reliable source...'.

I didn't see predicting, I saw posters who had knowledge of Zamora actually seen at the training ground, and one who I know has good sources, but have it your own way.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
Jul 23, 2003

That's how people get stories though...............

Literally no one is going to come on here and state "I'm very good friends with <CLUB EMPLOYEE A> and he told me that we are going to sign <FOOTBALLER B> using specific names. They would never get the info again and their friend would end up in trouble. People will post stuff they've heard either cryptically or specifically as in "I've heard.....". Problem is by the time a binfest gets to the 5th page no one's bothering to read the original post or understand its context.

The club have generally been EXCELLENT in keeping deals to themselves but there have also been a lot of good information or educated guesses. And, as always, if you don't like a transfer talk thread don't read it.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Lol shocker of a topic, we're on a great start to the season and we've strengthened well in every position, despite peoples concerns the club have come through and delivered for CH, and instead of enjoying it people are still looking to make others feel like shit.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Lol shocker of a topic, we're on a great start to the season and we've strengthened well in every position, despite peoples concerns the club have come through and delivered for CH, and instead of enjoying it people are still looking to make others feel like shit.
You're not wrong I certainly wish I hadn't stuck my head above the parapet.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Of course you're right. You'll have to forgive me an indulgence but the person I mentioned was claiming in early JULY that it had all gone wrong again and used the specific phrase in the thread title. There's no guarantee of promotion or even top half and the time to judge this window is really just before the next one opens. However I do not know a single Brighton fan who isn't MASSIVELY excited right now. I don't remember anyone turning cartwheels at the idea of Gary Gardner on loan.

**** it. I'm #TeamEcstatic

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here