Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sam Smith Non Binary

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Brighton & Hove Albion were binary last season...

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
It’s like the Life of Brian has become a manual for this decade. Every decade sees young adults seek change, nothing new there, (I was CND in the eighties) however social media has turbo charged it now and given what would have been “right on” students pissed in the pub with an organised voice. Scary. Looking back now I was nowhere near the rounded intelligent ‘adult’ I truly THOUGHT I was in 1988.
I fully expect in 20 years time that tattoo removal and ‘gender change reversals’ will be growth industries, along with kids suing parents/doctors/tattooists for not ‘warning’ them properly.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
There are only 10 types of people in the world.

Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patreon
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Whatever his gender identity, there is only one of him/her, so the correct terminology cannot be "they" or "them". Cos "they" means more than one. And there isn't. If you see what I mean.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I don’t really understand why people care about such trivial shite these days? Surely he can call himself what he wants

He can indeed. But now he's busily telling everyone else how we should all refer to him from now on.

"Sam Smith is on tour. They'll be at the Brighton Centre in June, in case you want to know when to avoid them". :rolleyes:

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Sexuality? This is about his gender identity not his sexuality.

If he's got a c*ck, b*llocks or a male body with testosterone (if he's had them chopped off), 'HE' is a bloke no matter how much he denies it. If he thinks he's something else, then that's his problem in his own head. Why spread it all over the media - other than , "ooh look at meeeeee...."

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I read recently that in some places (uni campuses etc) pronoun introductions are becoming a thing. As in my name's Dave, my pronouns are x, y and z. A popular trans youtuber said she didn't think it was a good idea and got slammed for it, being accused of having 'passing privilege' (being able to pass as a woman.)

In the end, if someone wants to be referred to as they, who cares? We use they as a gender neutral 3rd person pronoun all the time anyway. Much more complicated in languages with grammatical gender.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
As for the last point, yes I imagine they will. Its not necessarily to appease anyone; more the simple practicality of life if more people identify their gender as non-binary.

nothing practical about identifying as non-binary or any other of the myriad of new genders.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Non-binary people have always been around, as a very small section of the population.

The fact that some people don't know, or don't want to know, what it means, or don't like the idea, doesn't make it any less of a reality. Nor does the fact that a few people will use it as a means of attention seeking make it less real.

Ignoring or denying it just means a small percentage of the population end up having unnecessarily sh*t lives. Why not change that if we can? And we can.

Why is this so scary to us oldies? Young people seem perfectly able to understand and accept it. But many seem to be desperately keen to get outraged about something that will have almost zero impact on us, whilst also openly admitting we don't understand it. Odd.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I read recently that in some places (uni campuses etc) pronoun introductions are becoming a thing. As in my name's Dave, my pronouns are x, y and z. A popular trans youtuber said she didn't think it was a good idea and got slammed for it, being accused of having 'passing privilege' (being able to pass as a woman.)

In the end, if someone wants to be referred to as they, who cares? We use they as a gender neutral 3rd person pronoun all the time anyway.

Because it makes a complete mess of any grammatical reference to 'them'. It pluralises him into them. And basically, its bloody ridiculous. I don't see why everyone else in the world should now be obliged to play along with his daft games just because he woke up one morning and thought "actually, I want to be a them and a they".

He's a vacuous, self-obsessed prick.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here