Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I know AJ didn't do as well as we would have liked tonight, but he really made the first goal. In fact he did more than that because the beginning of this clip shows him dispossessing a Bristol player in a pretty neat manner. Now I see why GP is grooming him as a defender.
Thanks to Sweaty Mexican for providing the clip
https://streamja.com/QNp9

That clip does no service to Alireza.
As Zamora already mentioned above, he should have put a ball through.
Good tackle, very poor decision, poor shot and lucky deflection.

Had that deflection not gone anywhere, GP would likely have had stern words.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
That clip does no service to Alireza.
As Zamora already mentioned above, he should have put a ball through.
Good tackle, very poor decision, poor shot and lucky deflection.

Had that deflection not gone anywhere, GP would likely have had stern words.

He was far more eager to shot than others, which felt a little against the game plan. That restrained tactic led to the winner of course, when a couple of players could have shot early but didn't.

I just can't see how he is going to find any form. He seems like a lovely guy and it's clear he is desperate to succeed but he seems so far off the required levels atm.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Would I be right in thinking that you didn't see the match whereas the poster you quoted did?
But if he had any credit in the bank posters might point out he's hardly kicked a ball in anger since April.
He was involved in both goals.
Unexplainably it's another win for the Albion, when he starts.
He was far from the only 'first teamer' that was rusty.

I've never championed Ali, merely saying 'hang on a minute what about x,y & z'.

I have spent all summer saying clean slate let's see what he's got.

Plenty aren't going to do that, that's fine.

Why is he our winningest player? (Genuine question, it's all a bit perplexing)

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Second half he was switched from right attack to right wing back. He seemed physically shot to bits.

Just about every touch and involvement lead to loss of possession or laughable moments, except the wickedly deflected shot that lead to the goal.

Since day one I have seen nothing from this chap. I think he was a duff purchase. And I’ve cleared my diary for the week to drive him to Eindhoven myself and give him some spending money, to ensure we get him as far away from our squad as possible. Can’t imagine we will ever get a fee for him. He is hopeless. AIMHO.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Because all of the other players try that little bit harder as they are playing with 10 men??

That was a joke.....

As per my earlier post honestly thought he would have a better preseason and come good, but having only seen him in friendlies he still seems to be struggling.

I think it’s the pace of the game, he has a good touch. I think he is not a wing-back under GP more of a 10 or inside forward with another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Because all of the other players try that little bit harder as they are playing with 10 men??

That was a joke.....

As per my earlier post honestly thought he would have a better preseason and come good, but having only seen him in friendlies he still seems to be struggling.

I think it’s the pace of the game, he has a good touch. I think he is not a wing-back under GP more of a 10 or inside forward with another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Then it's about time the club bought a player who can manage the pace of the game.
Andone, Big Jurg, Ali J, Jose, jury out on Maupay.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
It's almost like coming to Brighton has destroyed him as a player. Playing all last season out of position, whilst also being injured and/or on international duty and as a deep, deep, deep, deep, deep lying left winger may not be conducive to an overtly offensive right sided attacker building his confidence.

Who knew, eh?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What is his longest run of consecutive games as a starter?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Would I be right in thinking that you didn't see the match whereas the poster you quoted did?

Ninja Elephant's comedy championing of a bang average player who has literally done nothing of note in 12 months is growing tiresome, especially now that he's now rubbishing the views of people clearly better placed to make a judgement than he is. I suppose there is a chance Ali J will come good, but we have seen nothing so far to suggest he will unfortunately.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
He was far more eager to shot than others, which felt a little against the game plan. That restrained tactic led to the winner of course, when a couple of players could have shot early but didn't.

I just can't see how he is going to find any form. He seems like a lovely guy and it's clear he is desperate to succeed but he seems so far off the required levels atm.

He probably reads NSC!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
But if he had any credit in the bank posters might point out he's hardly kicked a ball in anger since April.
He was involved in both goals.
Unexplainably it's another win for the Albion, when he starts.
He was far from the only 'first teamer' that was rusty.

I've never championed Ali, merely saying 'hang on a minute what about x,y & z'.

I have spent all summer saying clean slate let's see what he's got.

Plenty aren't going to do that, that's fine.

When you say plenty aren't going to do that, are you including GP who hasn't put him in a PL squad yet?

AJ has had a full pre-season, played in a number of friendlies. Is fully fit. Settled here for a year. Potter doesn't as yet rate him. You may feel perplexed by NSC opinions, but the manager feels the same way at the moment.

With Andone out, if he doesn't make the ManCity or Burnley squads, or at least get some PL minutes on the pitch, you'll have an answer to GP's view.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

I didn't see the game, no. So I didn't comment on the game, only on the nature of this thread in general. It's an echo chamber, the people who see a player in him say so, the people who don't repeat the same. Time and time again. I hardly think it's reasonable to judge him in one game, with a much changed line up, at inferior opposition. But even saying that, what more do you want? He got a shot off which led to the first goal, that shows a glimpse of his game when he's on form.

Maybe it won't work out for him here, but I hope it does.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Bit of balance needed I think. He won the ball in midfield and is clearly desperate to score so he had a go. Not going to criticise him for that. However, I am reluctantly at the point where I have basically accepted what we have previously discussed regarding the Dutch league and how it favours attacking players (average goals, chances etc per game.) Alireza is an example of that. El Ghazi at Villa looked a world beater at Ajax and while he has done significantly better than our man so far he is not going to tear up the Premier League. My suspicion is with a run in the side in an attacking three he would probably come good eventually but why would you give him that run when we have better players? Nothing at all against him, he seems a good pro and is determined to succeed but that is not enough unfortunately.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Agree. I'm very interested to see who gets Andone's squad place for the next two games. To me, it looks a shoot out between Ali J and Connolly. The answer will tell us a bit about Potter

#
When you say plenty aren't going to do that, are you including GP who hasn't put him in a PL squad yet?

AJ has had a full pre-season, played in a number of friendlies. Is fully fit. Settled here for a year. Potter doesn't as yet rate him. You may feel perplexed by NSC opinions, but the manager feels the same way at the moment.

With Andone out, if he doesn't make the ManCity or Burnley squads, or at least get some PL minutes on the pitch, you'll have an answer to GP's view.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Agree. I'm very interested to see who gets Andone's squad place for the next two games. To me, it looks a shoot out between Ali J and Connolly. The answer will tell us a bit about Potter

#
If Locadia goes, it's 2 places between 3 - AliJ, Connolly and Alzate ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here