Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] DAZN to stream EVERY premier league game (in Canada)

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
Over here last season the SBS channel showed a live Premier League game every Saturday.
They showed a lot of Brighton and Hudds games because of the Australian connection.
Now with both Ryan and Mooy playing for us I was looking forward to being on more often, but it looks as though they are not bothering to show any games this seasonal all.
I have trolled their website and can see no mention of it, bloody shame that.

It's not a question of SBS not bothering, it's a broadcasting rights issue.
The previous 3-year deal in which they gave Optus the rights to screen 39 matches at the last World Cup in return for SBS showing one Premier League game each week for 3 years has come to an end and they can't agree further terms with Optus,
With the Albion having the only 2 Aussies playing in The Premier, Brighton will have a huge presence in the Australian media this season - much like Leeds 15 years ago with Kewell & Viduka.
Maybe Channel 9 might come in and show some interest ?
Besides, $15 per month for every game 'live' via an Optus subscription is absolute steal !

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I use Necro it’s €80 a year. The channel selection is great, over 2.2k channels. It has recently lost its VOD channels which is a shame as there was a lot of decent quality films on there. UK sport channels are very comprehensive. You get 3 or 4 for each of the major channels. There are about 30 PL channels and 10 FL. quality is pretty good certainly watchable on 60in TV. You even get the bookmakers retail programming.

The issue I started finding from about half way through last season is when football is on my ISP started blocking things so you need a VPN especially if you use a major UK ISP.

Reliability is on the whole pretty good but it has its moments, enough of them for me to keep my Sky and BT subs going.

I run it through Kodi on my lounge TV. SmartIPTV on the telly in my office and Cloud Stream on iPhone/iPad. The latter being an awful lot better than SkyGo/BT app for delays.

It’s certainly worth the money but it can be a faff and you will need a small amount of technical know how to get/keep it working.

When my current sub is up I will have a look around at other providers (most of them offer trials for a few quid) so if anyone has any knowledge of the others I’d be interested to read.

On DANZ I watched the Whyte Rivas fight on it (through) Necro and it was much better than the Sky equivalents.

Sounds all good but I just run mine through SmartIPTV on a SmartTV, so much simpler. Get the same thing with who I use, can be a little hit and miss on occasions. Really only use it for Sport though and works just fine. IPTV.shop

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Just in the process of deciding on Dazn or gold

Can anyone shed some light on how to pay, I haven’t got google pay but willing to sign up if it works ?

Will in need a Canadian address for google pay?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Is it going to be harder to get a stream this year?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
How do I purchase and view this living in the UK?

You pop over to Tranna, go find a shop called Dazn(mates), ask for the pass, Daz will give the nod and wink, you give him $50 CA under the counter, you both mumble a bit, you walk out, hop it back to Pearsons, first plane back to old blighty, done, careful at customs, don't sweat or look suss. Those third world jails in Canada aren't worth comprehending.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I signed up a free weeks ago and the option of Google pay was there. I fully expect this not to work once they actually try and charge it in a few days !!

There must be a way to get some kind of prepaid Canadian online account but that is a lot of faff !!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here