Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Hughton IN

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Today’s performance backed up my thoughts fore the rest of this incredibly tense run in that Hughton is very much the man to take us into next season. A fantastic performance, the players are still very much behind him as are the board, learn from our mistakes this season and another season of EPL football to look forward to.

:clap2:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Perhaps we could have a scarf with 'Hughton Out' on one side and 'Hughton In' on the other. Then folk can wear it whichever way their mind has changed to each week.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I think they should name the new Royal baby "Chris" in honour of our achievement. I assume this will be available in the sweepstake? Has the additional bonus of working for a boy or a girl.

A lot of our fans will have only remembered the good times in the past few years & this will be their first season to witness us going backwards in league position. Reminds me of Mike Bailey who was sacked for playing boring football in our one & only six seasons in the top division where we were not looking over our shoulders.....

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
A lot of our fans will have only remembered the good times in the past few years & this will be their first season to witness us going backwards in league position. Reminds me of Mike Bailey who was sacked for playing boring football in our one & only six seasons in the top division where we were not looking over our shoulders.....

Mike Bailey's team finished 13th

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
We’ve been unlucky with injuries this season, unlike our first season in the Premier League when no one got injured for a long period. Having Izquierdo and Gross injured and unfit all season has been terribly unlucky.

Chris definitely deserves another season.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Today’s performance backed up my thoughts fore the rest of this incredibly tense run in that Hughton is very much the man to take us into next season. A fantastic performance, the players are still very much behind him as are the board, learn from our mistakes this season and another season of EPL football to look forward to.

Spot on!

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Yawn. Is that our first point away against a top 6 side in 2 seasons? I still believe we haven’t won a game for over two months? Sorry if I don’t crack open the Chris in fizz just yet. The big question for me is can we trust CH with five or six new signings next season? Jury is massively out for me.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

:laugh:

However, on this occasion, give it rest, Crodo, eh? ???

:thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think they should name the new Royal baby "Chris" in honour of our achievement. I assume this will be available in the sweepstake? Has the additional bonus of working for a boy or a girl.

'Christopher Theresa' has a lovely ring to it.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Getting a point at Arsenal is surreal and we owe this coaching staff a lot.

Sticking with it is a risk. On current form, we'd be heading for relegation by mid-season, even if the promoted teams are as weak as this season's.

On form from the last eight games we would finish on about 15 points next time. From this calendar year, we'd get about 30.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Yawn. Is that our first point away against a top 6 side in 2 seasons? I still believe we haven’t won a game for over two months? Sorry if I don’t crack open the Chris in fizz just yet. The big question for me is can we trust CH with five or six new signings next season? Jury is massively out for me.
If that’s your attitude go and support Man U or another of th big 6, we are Brighton, competing in this league is an achievement in itself, up until Christmas we had a pretty much unblemished upward curve under Chris, since then we’ve stagnated and under the crippling tension of a relegation dogfight regressed this spring. Today showed with the shackles off what we’re capable of, We need to learn our lessons to improve and ther s no better man than Chris for that job.

Next season won’t be easy either and as with every other club outside of the top 6 we’ll go through a poor run at some stage and we’ll have to put up with the vedwatters in here, but the true fans who have been through thick and thin know that’s the nature of the OL beast and we can come out if it, better together,

:ascarf:

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Quite agree with you.
One swallow doesn't make a summer.
People soon forget Cardiff, Fulham and Bmuff games and how lucky we were against Wolves and Huddersfield at home
Today just papered over another crack

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Mike Bailey's team finished 13th

Exactly. And we were chasing a European place for much of the season. I remember a Shoot Magazine with Seagulls Fly Into Europe article discussing this possibility mid way through the season. Halcyon days, and still only 30p!

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
If that’s your attitude go and support Man U or another of th big 6, we are Brighton, competing in this league is an achievement in itself, up until Christmas we had a pretty much unblemished upward curve under Chris, since then we’ve stagnated and under the crippling tension of a relegation dogfight regressed this spring. Today showed with the shackles off what we’re capable of, We need to learn our lessons to improve and ther s no better man than Chris for that job.

Next season won’t be easy either and as with every other club outside of the top 6 we’ll go through a poor run at some stage and we’ll have to put up with the vedwatters in here, but the true fans who have been through thick and thin know that’s the nature of the OL beast and we can come out if it, better together,

:ascarf:

Pie in Sky. Fed up with 'little old Brighton scrapping with big boys' type comments; that is sort of talk that will end with relegation and 'Well, we never could have competed with them' comments. Far too defeatist. There are 14 teams that are not 'big boys', plenty to take points from.

If you get promoted to PL, you compete or get relegated. Wolves, Watford, Bournemouth, to mention three, compete. Brighton are not presently. Chris Sutton put it succinctly on commentary: "Brighton have lost their identity". To be fair that was based on the first 20 minutes but why are we so crap in that period? It was same in home game against Arsenal and Newcastle last week. CH seems to have given up any hope of scoring so it is defending Alamo from the off, only to escape from shell once a goal down. He is aware of the poor starts in his post match comments but surely it is down to him and his tactics to start games on the front foot.

The stats are frightening: we are heading for Huddersfield exit next season unless things change. They might but I just cant quite see CH doing it. Sutton queried a couple of times whether he will be manager; personally hope not.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Pie in Sky. Fed up with 'little old Brighton scrapping with big boys' type comments; that is sort of talk that will end with relegation and 'Well, we never could have competed with them' comments. Far too defeatist. There are 14 teams that are not 'big boys', plenty to take points from.

If you get promoted to PL, you compete or get relegated. Wolves, Watford, Bournemouth, to mention three, compete. Brighton are not presently. Chris Sutton put it succinctly on commentary: "Brighton have lost their identity". To be fair that was based on the first 20 minutes but why are we so crap in that period? It was same in home game against Arsenal and Newcastle last week. CH seems to have given up any hope of scoring so it is defending Alamo from the off, only to escape from shell once a goal down. He is aware of the poor starts in his post match comments but surely it is down to him and his tactics to start games on the front foot.

The stats are frightening: we are heading for Huddersfield exit next season unless things change. They might but I just cant quite see CH doing it. Sutton queried a couple of times whether he will be manager; personally hope not.

Chris Sutton is an absolute tool. Wouldn't listen to him !

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Very well said. Our mentality as fans has got to change as much as the players and management.

maglers

Apr 26, 2011

So, a new manager and a new team. Anything else...?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here