Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] RIP Kit Napier

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Very sad news Kit was among my first Albion heroes and the 1972 team in particular will live long in my memory John and Kit Napier no relation to each other Dovey, Duffy, Templeman, Sperriaite, Powney, Beamish, Irvine, OSullavan and Goodwin it was an era of huge side burns mullets a few beers after games flares platform shoes and very large pointy collars and Kit Napier had them all RIP

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He played in the very first match I watched at the Goldstone.

RIP

Same here. 22 March 1969. A 4-1 win against Barrow. Fifty years and 13 days ago. R.I.P.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Not much to add except to echo what several others have already said.

My first Albion hero and also played in my first game - October 4 1969, home v Bristol Rovers. Didn't prevent us from losing 0-3 though...

Sad news. RIP.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
A proper Brighton legend. Fuelled by 20 fags a day he was the quickest we had on a sprint and a tremendous finisher. Even scored from a corner if I remember correctly. I used to go and watch them train in the school holidays - nice bloke who had time for the fans. RIP Kit, you’ll always be remembered by those who saw you play.

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
That's very sad - a real Brighton hero for me - and hopefully the club will not ignore it like they did with Steve Piper. Played in the first Albion game I saw in 1970 and was always one player that I very much looked forward to watching.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
There are a lot of us for whom he was our first hero.

I will never forget one of the goals he scored in his debut. A real screamer.
To me he seemed to have super powers !!

RIP Kit and condolences to the family and friends.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
...... it was an era of huge side burns mullets a few beers after games flares platform shoes and very large pointy collars and Kit Napier had them all RIP

Not forgetting the Jason King moustaches. There were plenty of those around too and a few notable examples in our team which Kit carried off with paricular aplomb complete with the Jason King barnet.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Very sad news Kit was among my first Albion heroes and the 1972 team in particular will live long in my memory John and Kit Napier no relation to each other Dovey, Duffy, Templeman, Sperriaite, Powney, Beamish, Irvine, OSullavan and Goodwin it was an era of huge side burns mullets a few beers after games flares platform shoes and very large pointy collars and Kit Napier had them all RIP

I went off him when he had a moustache, and mullet. He was much better looking in the 60s.
https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2019/april/kit-napier-1943-2019/

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I went off him when he had a moustache, and mullet. He was much better looking in the 60s.
https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2019/april/kit-napier-1943-2019/

In his defence he didn't really have a mullet. It was more of a Jason King bouffant.

kitnapier3.jpg

4841D3C200000578-0-image-m-3_1516265173580.jpg

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
There was a great poem in a collection called 'Goldstone Ghosts' that came out as part of the centenary celebrations called 'And ill be Kit Napier'

Has anyone got it ?

I am afraid I have not, but I hope someone has, it would be great to read.

He is among the greatest goal scorers, I have been blessed to see a lot of Murray, Ward and Zamora's goals, Kit was before my time but he must have been something to be sitting in between these names.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
There was a great poem in a collection called 'Goldstone Ghosts' that came out as part of the centenary celebrations called 'And ill be Kit Napier'

Has anyone got it ?

It wasn't a poem, it was a reminiscence by one Andy Muir.

It's a lovely little book BTW, with some contributions from regular NSCers

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here