Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Southampton *** Official Match Thread ***

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
So disappointing. We’ll be fine this season but Andone needs sorting- simply can’t be risked starting which isn’t ideal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He certainly won't be able to moan about not getting game time. He out now for a few games and will only get a few minutes from the bench here and there when he is available. He is a silly boy and has left the side down big time.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
According to the commenator, accidental handball in the box no longer awards a penalty according to the new rules...

Accidental? It didn't come off anyone onto his arm or anything like that. But, if it hits his arm in the box, there's a loud appeal - surely there should be a 'VAR checking for penalty - no penalty'?

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I don't know about anyone else, but I have to say, as disappointed as I am that we lost, I am delighted with the way we are playing.

It's soothing the pain quite considerably for me tbh.

It's not boring, that's for sure.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
He certainly won't be able to moan about not getting game time. He out now for a few games and will only get a few minutes from the bench here and there when he is available. He is a silly boy and has left the side down big time.

What was the game last year? West Brom away I think in the cup. Got a chance, elbowed someone in the head. I want competitive players at our club but not thugs.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Accidental? It didn't come off anyone onto his arm or anything like that. But, if it hits his arm in the box, there's a loud appeal - surely there should be a 'VAR checking for penalty - no penalty'?

TBF, it seems the AMEX is shit for the VAR screens. Everywhere else the VAR screen comes up very quickly, at the AMEX we would be lucky if it comes up at all

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
51% possession despite having 10 men for 2/3rds of the game.

I was impressed by our performance and we keep going to the end.

Looked the better team today as we did in the previous two games.

Red card cost us and was some tired legs at the end with everyone having to work hard.

Andone again casts doubts if he can be trusted with his discipline, absolutely no need for that challenge, which was the biggest factor in the result.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Very, very frustrating game.

Andone's needless red card.

VAR ruling out another goal.

Conceding a soft goal. Yes it was a great finish but we had three opportunities to stop that attack and didn't take one of them. There was a thread on here the other day about 'taking one for the team'. One of our players should have down just that and stopped saints from breaking when they were still in their own half.

Locadia hitting the post. Just score. It's so much simpler.

Plenty of positives I know but right now the over riding emotion is frustration.

And with palace getting a win you know all that particular brand of herpes will pop up all over the board.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
I don't know about anyone else, but I have to say, as disappointed as I am that we lost, I am delighted with the way we are playing.

Agreed, it gives us hope we will be fine.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
So disappointing. We’ll be fine this season but Andone needs sorting- simply can’t be risked starting which isn’t ideal.

Andone is our new Knockaert.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Will be interesting to see how we respond if we are thrashed by Man City- great test of Potters skill, reckon he’s up to it but Andone fails the no dickhead policy.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Precisely, whether awarded or not it should be VAR'd.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
It came to his weaker foot, and was at an awkward height, not a sitter.

Even if it went in, VAR would have ruled it offside anyway.

You might be right about VAR as it seems to find a way to rule out goals. But he was NOT offside. :)

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

I do agree which is quite something because losing to Southampton hurts me more than any other side.

We are a really good, attacking side now. We just need a little bit of the rub of the green and I think we really could take apart a few good sides this season.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

He's not a silly boy he's the...

Oh, hang on, I've got this the wrong way round.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
Will be interesting to see how we respond if we are thrashed by Man City- great test of Potters skill, reckon he’s up to it but Andone fails the no dickhead policy.

I don't know how everyone else feels but maybe we may give City a game.

Then again we might get wiped out ???

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Very, very frustrating game.

Andone's needless red card.

VAR ruling out another goal.

Conceding a soft goal. Yes it was a great finish but we had three opportunities to stop that attack and didn't take one of them. There was a thread on here the other day about 'taking one for the team'. One of our players should have down just that and stopped saints from breaking when they were still in their own half.

Locadia hitting the post. Just score. It's so much simpler.

Plenty of positives I know but right now the over riding emotion is frustration.

And with palace getting a win you know all that particular brand of herpes will pop up all over the board.

Both goals were soft. Duffy swinging his leg and kicking nothing but air for the first and Pascal not paying attention from a throw for the second. Tired legs and minds but disappointing that we were our own worst enemy today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here