Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bottletop Gate

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Don't recall any specific bottletop-related incidents in the North today, tho was somewhat alarmed and amused in equal measure to note the old fella just down from me in N1G secreting a full-on gaily-patterned DINNER PLATE behind his back on the 90 minute mark. What the actual furk?! :eek: :lol:

S01E02-s53LldK2-subtitled.jpg

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am surprised to read that somebody was stopped bringing in a coke I do it at every game, 2 for £1 in Poundland, and have never had any problems once the top is removed.. However, are you permitted to bring in drinkers with tops like the ones sold in Sports Direct not looking like a bottle with a drinker top?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I am surprised to read that somebody was stopped bringing in a coke I do it at every game, 2 for £1 in Poundland, and have never had any problems once the top is removed.. However, are you permitted to bring in drinkers with tops like the ones sold in Sports Direct not looking like a bottle with a drinker top?

Other outlets are available

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
My question was can you bring the solid drinker bottles in to the ground not as water is sold in. I think I shall have to ring the club and ask.

You mean the kind of 'shaker' that one would take to the gym? I didn't remove mine from my bag and it was overlooked. I suspect, as it had a detachable lid, you wouldn't normally be allowed to take it into the ground.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
However, are you permitted to bring in drinkers with tops like the ones sold in Sports Direct not looking like a bottle with a drinker top?

If you have the top then the answer must be no, as they will be very dangerous to the players when you throw it towards them.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
My question was can you bring the solid drinker bottles in to the ground not as water is sold in. I think I shall have to ring the club and ask.

Can you ask them if we can wear trainers in the 1901 too please. :thumbsup:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
If you have the top then the answer must be no, as they will be very dangerous to the players when you throw it towards them.

People seem to forget that it’s not just the players that can get hit.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The kiosks will give you a cup of tap water if you ask.

That is what my wife says, as she is one of those who buy bottled water despite being present when the Royal Marsden stopped my garnddaughter having bottled water as it is not ads pure as the water that comes out of the tap. I never drink just water I always have to add squash.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I have discovered that bottle tops are interchangeable so, for instance, a coke bottle top will fit on a 7 up bottle. To stick two fingers up at “the man” simply fill your pockets with spares and screw tops on bottles with gay abandon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here