Screenshot 2019-08-19 at 08.10.13.png

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Long may it continue.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
[MENTION=23111]Dougie[/MENTION]

You can't keep off this board. You are on it all the time .

You may be quiet but we know you are reading.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Jordan says that should you ask Zaha whether he's as good a player as Mahrez, he would say he was. He then says that Palace should demand just as much money for him, not accept less just because they're Palace.

He has less goals per PL game and less assists per PL game than Mahrez did when he left Leicester, he hasn't been PL Player's player of the year, he has never been selected for the PFA team of the year, he hasn't been a key player in a 1500-1 title win, he doesn't have the 40+ international caps that Mahrez had when he was sold, he is not wanted by the Champions, nor even by any team in the Champions League. The only stat where he outdoes Mahrez is the number of times he has been booked for diving. In that he has no peer.

Palace didn't demand the £60 million that Man City paid Leicester after a year long pursuit, they said that they wouldn't sell him for less than £100 million: a full £20 million more than the highest transfer fee ever paid for a player to move between two English clubs.

If Zaha does believe 'every day and twice on Sunday' that he is as good a player as Mahrez, this would make him just as big an idiot as Simon Jordan is for saying this, and nearly half the idiot that Steve Parish is for thinking that his club's interests are best served by trying to turn a player who wants away into some kind of indentured Matt Le Tissier.
Also, Mahrez hadn't previously been at a top 6 club, and failed due to having a poor attitude.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
How ever much bile you read from our friends up the road there does seem to be this underlying idea that 'this squad should be top ten.' I've mentioned before my confusion that they seem to have self elected themselves as a top ten football club...

Odd.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The BBS match thread is full of gems.

View attachment 114470

Wait! What?

The Holmesdale Fanatics got season ticket holders kicked out of their seats, insisting that they alone were true fans making an atmosphere, but didn't bother going to an away game, because they couldn't get the seats that they wanted?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Wait! What?

The Holmesdale Fanatics got season ticket holders kicked out of their seats, insisting that they alone were true fans making an atmosphere, but didn't bother going to an away game, because they couldn't get the seats that they wanted?
Unbelievable

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I love the Parish apologists on that thread, their head is buried in the sand so much they can't see it's Parish's fault they are in the sh1t, after all, he signed off all the deals.

Long may it continue. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji122][emoji122]

The apologists continue to back Parish, because rightly or wrongly, they see him as a Dick Knight figure, responsible for riding to the rescue when they were in grave danger.

The differences of course, are that Dick Kinght's rescue plan didn't shaft a load of creditors including local schools, charities or the ambulance service, and that Dick Knight didn't take a ****ing massive salary out of the club every year.

Amazing blindspot they have to the tragically-haired leech.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
The apologists continue to back Parish, because rightly or wrongly, they see him as a Dick Knight figure, responsible for riding to the rescue when they were in grave danger.

The differences of course, are that Dick Kinght's rescue plan didn't shaft a load of creditors including local schools, charities or the ambulance service, and that Dick Knight didn't take a ****ing massive salary out of the club every year.

Amazing blindspot they have to the tragically-haired leech.

Also Dick Knight didn't (to my knowledge) make the beast with two backs with a flouncy haired TV presenter. (Unless he did stuff with natasha kaplinsky)

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I love the Parish apologists on that thread, their head is buried in the sand so much they can't see it's Parish's fault they are in the sh1t, after all, he signed off all the deals.

Long may it continue. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji122][emoji122]
I'm going to have to get another shower as I've just delved into that cesspit of a forum. But my word, it's funny. Thread after thread of doom and infighting. It's no wonder the GOONS like spending time on here instead.

There are so many pearlers I don't know where to start, but this post about Barndoor Benny sums it all up really. Lots of them DO actually get it. Unlike the Palace GIMPS who post on here....

http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?p=14886966

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Wait! What?

I thought they just turned up to away games and kicked people out of the seats they have. Isn't that what happened at the Amex on 'that' evening? Fairly sure I read complaints they turned up and told people they had to move because they wanted to be behind the goal.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I thought they just turned up to away games and kicked people out of the seats they have. Isn't that what happened at the Amex on 'that' evening? Fairly sure I read complaints they turned up and told people they had to move because they wanted to be behind the goal.

That is what happened but then it's only 40 odd miles. I reckon they get nose bleeds when they have to head north of Watford Gap.
I wonder if Bramhall Lane banned their drum?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Wait! What?

As much as it would be amusing to believe, I took that more to be a sarcastic comment referring to their home seating situation.

I suspect the truth is closer to the typical explanation for poor attendance in the first couple of weeks of the season; it's the summer holidays, so a lot of families are on holiday, so they're probably all off with their parents.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here