Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zaha watch - *** The SEGW finally managed to escape***

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Camarasa is a good signing - but a loan just shows they are seriously short of cash. The losing the cheat will be horrendous for them as he is all that’s kept them up for years really. Worrying times - probably the most worrying in their 9 year history :(

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
I do. For so long we've been told how great the recruitment is at Palace and how they can get almost anybody they want. Here we are watching them scrape around for dubious targets (now being asked to almost double their bid for this Russian striker) and all this reliant on getting shot of Zaha before the window shuts (despite them already pocketing the AWB cash). They are going to have to get a shift on tomorrow but amateurism doesn't begin to describe it. And now some of their fans are almost saying they would drive the turncoat to Goodison

I think most supporters would feel aggrieved if their star player put in a transfer request 24 hours before the deadline.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
you do understand maths I hope? £60/70m plus one at say £5m and another at £10m is not £60/70m right?

It kind of is. Taking two players (and their enormous wages) on that the buying club is delighted to ship out, isn’t really a big net gain.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Camarasa is a 12 month loan with a option to buy for €12.5 mill at the end of it.
Good player, standout player last season.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Spoke to a franchise audience follower earlier and his exact words re the alleged transfer request were: ‘if that’s true he’s a ****’ - couldn’t have written a better script on this. Haha shows his true oddball colours and CP2010FC show their arrogance at blocking a move all Summer, thinking they're something they clearly aren’t. Lovely stuff!

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
Seeing as how you and I have gently batted the subject of a certain spicy Caribbean poultry dish about on this board, the merits of Robbie whatsisface and his Jerk franchise opposite Selhurst WITHOUT either party leaping to accuse the other of racism I might be able to think of one of your clown-themed chums who seems to evade your famously even hand....now...hang about...it’ll come to me in a tick...I think it rhymes with “buggy”and makes me think of spunk on toast for some reason.

not entirely sure i follow any of that, but i met mr putdown many years ago at an nsc sponsored match (?) and he's a decent bloke (palace etc excepted)

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I think most supporters would feel aggrieved if their star player put in a transfer request 24 hours before the deadline.

He’s wanted out all summer and you’ve made it very difficult for him. But also he signed that stupid contract with you too that hasn’t helped.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Camarasa is a 12 month loan with a option to buy for €12.5 mill at the end of it.
Good player, standout player last season.

Agreed. But also very worrying you seemingly aren’t parting with any big cash for anyone having sold your 2nd best player for £40mil at the start of Summer. You were warned by the expert on here of your club mis managing finances (once again) and you all talked it down.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
And now some of their fans are almost saying they would drive the turncoat to Goodison

Ohhh the turncoat
FB90F2EA-3ED0-4603-B44D-90108215CA56.jpeg

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Palace fans getting all abusive and their spiv chairman must be really really thick. Zaha said he wanted out in May, so why is he a **** for forcing the issue after being denied a move time after time this close season?

He’s kept them up almost single handed for two years, where’s the gratitude?

Twats all of them

If Dunk had asked for a move in May does any Albion fan think he’d still be here?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Aggrieved with who ? Only an idiot wouldn’t have seen this coming - we all did FFS.

Zaha ? - been telegraphing for weeks that he wants out, shouldn’t be a surprise but has been handled badly by the club.

The club ? - daft new contract with no release clause, no contingency in place to replace him, in denial about him wanting to leave, not realising it would come to this despite Zaha (or his agent/family) making it obvious

Looks on the face of it that the club have utterly mismanaged this. Surprised ? Not much.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
He’s wanted out all summer and you’ve made it very difficult for him. But also he signed that stupid contract with you too that hasn’t helped.

Arsenal wanted him on hp ( they’ve agreed a similar deal with Pepe, fee paid over 5 years) with a ridiculous down payment.
Everton have been chipping away , the last offer being £70 mill plus players.
Why would you make it easy to other clubs to buy your best player, when there is no need to sell?
Now the transfer request has gone in, it’s all changed.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Arsenal wanted him on hp ( they’ve agreed a similar deal with Pepe, fee paid over 5 years) with a ridiculous down payment.
Everton have been chipping away , the last offer being £70 mill plus players.
Why would you make it easy to other clubs to buy your best player, when there is no need to sell?
Now the transfer request has gone in, it’s all changed.

Hard for you to grasp clearly but if a player wants out it’s a very risky game keeping him against his will. We got away with it with Stephens but he wasn’t playing for team that was standing still at best. Other than that I’m struggling to think of any other happy endings when players want out.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
i met mr putdown many years ago at an nsc sponsored match (?) and he's a decent bloke (palace etc excepted)
I think he's generally come across well on here up until a few weeks ago when he accused someone for being racist when they weren't, and it's gone a bit downhill since then.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Hard for you to grasp clearly but if a player wants out it’s a very risky game keeping him against his will. We got away with it with Stephens but he wasn’t playing for team that was standing still at best. Other than that I’m struggling to think of any other happy endings when players want out.

But my mate Bevendean Hillbilly told me his source said Wilf was staying at Palace.
The ******* .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here