Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Have you seen enough in Trossard to justify his FEE?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Ken Beamish from Tranmere.

I didn't realise we paid so much for him.

However I think John Napier was signed in 1967 for £25,000.00 (playing alongside Kit Napier ) and Ken Beamish didn't sign until 1972.

Both great players for the Albion.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I'm certainly encouraged so far at his energy and work rate, both in making himself available and tracking back.

His finishing has been a slight concern along with, dare I say it, some Knocky-esque horror passes for the oppostion to run onto and break on us.

Altogether though I think he is a quality signing and looks ready to be thrown straight in.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Can't really say until he's had several games under his belt.

I was at Aldershot last week and the second half performance was pretty abject. Fulham were bigger and stronger and just outmuscled him time and again.

Watching the game yesterday he was far more impressive and was given more space to play and I thought looked pretty effective.

If the other Premier league teams don't 'rough house' him then he could be a real asset for us this season. Let's hope so.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
A yes for me, it's got the Albion taste buds salivating again a positive way, instead of all still yakking on about AJ.......IMO

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
That's sealed it. Two Profs is unerringly wrong about everything, so it's a massive YES from me. He's guaranteed to be the new MESSI.

:lolol: Perhaps you were in a different part of the ground,and couldn't hear the tutting as he was knocked off the ball again,even though it was a bit like a library there.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
:lolol: Perhaps you were in a different part of the ground,and couldn't hear the tutting as he was knocked off the ball again,even though it was a bit like a library there.

You know I was just breaking your balls. I actually agree that he could be a tad lightweight but we'll have to wait and see. I'm optimistic.

Alas too many signings in recent years have tempered the blind optimism, I’ll be waiting for a big impact in a league game or at the very least a consistent run of above average performances

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Gets about the pitch always making runs and has a engine on him for sure , we will see what he's like up against quality midfield and defenses soon enough but encouraging so far .

D

Deleted member 2719

I will not judge any player in friendlies and would need to see them on about 5 occasions playing at their level.
As for the team/new manager performances I would need to see about 12 games to fully judge especially this year as we have had such a dramatic change in style after the 4 years of negative mentality drilled in.

Looking forward to a new beginning to 'infinity and beyond'.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
I think he'll flourish this season & we will be a lot better than last. We actually looked good going forward last season, dare I say it. When we sat deep, which was far too often, we were dismal. It just invited teams to attack which at that level is going to result in a goal eventually.

Dunk & Duffy were great but when they are continually under pressure mistakes are going to be made. Without them we would have been relegated.

This season I think with a more attacking philosophy we will surprise a few of the critics & have a comfortable season much like Watford did last season.

Trossard is exactly the type of player we needed, skilful & with an eye for the opportunity.

I am in a positive frame of mind for the season ahead but then again I always am.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
We've not seen anything worth seeing from anyone, including the manager, until the season starts. Up til then it's all just enhanced training sessions.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Trossard & Duffy are in my fantasy league team already, 2 goals & 2 assists would be a good start!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I didn't realise we paid so much for him.

However I think John Napier was signed in 1967 for £25,000.00 (playing alongside Kit Napier ) and Ken Beamish didn't sign until 1972.

Both great players for the Albion.
I think you may be right. I didn't remember us paying that much for Napier - John Vinnicombe's book only mentions a combined total of £35K for Beamish and Nobby Lawton combined, but wiki gives his price as £25K.
I definitely remember the £25K for Beamish - I recorded it in my scrapbook for the 71-72 season at the time. Alan Duffy went the other way, although whether that was part of the £25K deal, or separate, I've no idea. I do remember going to the Goldstone soon after (actually for [Bthat[/B] Villa match), particularly keen to get a look at our new £25K centre forward (I don't think strikers had been invented then!)

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I will not judge any player in friendlies and would need to see them on about 5 occasions playing at their level.
As for the team/new manager performances I would need to see about 12 games to fully judge especially this year as we have had such a dramatic change in style after the 4 years of negative mentality drilled in.

Looking forward to a new beginning to 'infinity and beyond'.

Mate.... four years of negative mentality is simply not the case. We played to our strengths under CH and he saved us from relegation in two Premier League seasons. Before that we had two seasons of attacking football which gained us promotion with a squad which was only about 8th funded in The Championship. Please let it go your dislike for Chris Hughton....stop rewrighting history and embrace the new regime which is a gamble but may create a better entertainment value. Who knows we may improve our League status or we may get relegated but never forget what our previous incumbent does for this club while three other managers failed. It's wearing a bit thin your dislike of the tactics of CH when he may turn out to be our most successful manager ever. Just saying like.

GooGull

Aug 14, 2016
I like the look of Trossard, he looks confident and certainly wants the ball and his movement is excellent. He made some superb runs yesterday which opened up the space for others to fill. It was also good to see the way the players were able to switch positions especially our front 3. I’m really looking forward to this season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here