Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert joins Fulham on initial one-year loan

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
After 45 years supporting Brighton a bit of me has lost all respect of this club. I don’t care if you all think I am a snowflake or the pathetic bedwetter accusation, this management has taken away our most flair players and left us with uninspiring journeymen.

If we are happy that we can lose a game changer then fine, but I for one am f4cked off with this.

Ffs get real, we dont even know if its the clubs decision or Knockaert himself, we know AK has been suffering since the death of his father, maybe he is reminded every day wherever he heard the news, be that at home, the training ground or whatever and he just needed a change of scenery, maybe that is why the fee is so low, to help Knocky get that move, maybe thats why its a loan first, to make sure that everything has worked out for Knocky before he has to commit to anything long term.

Yes i am making complete guesses, but look at Knockys statement and how much the club have helped him, does that sound like the club have forced him out? Doesnt to me, so i will continue to respect Bloom and the rest of the management.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
You don’t think we’ve signed 1 decent player since getting promoted. Not one.
Blimey !!!

Jeezus.

You said “I assume you think we've signed 1-2 decent players in the last few years“

I said “ you assume incorrectly”

And you’ve drawn the above conclusion.

I actually think we’ve signed quite a few decent players, but we’ve also signed some PUPs.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Sorry, i've backed the club for a lot of things, but I have absolutely no idea why we've done this. We survived by 2 points over 3 shocking premier league teams last year, we need to strengthen, not weaken. We're a team, who you could kindly describe as functional with very few creative options. What exactly is going on behind the scenes on this one?

So on this thread, i've heard, it frees up wages - For who exactly? Maupay? Would he even get on the bench? ....
... Then I've heard Trossard is the replacement, well probably he is. But we have no idea if he is actually any good. He may have played well in the Belgian league, but as we know, that's no guarantee he can make the transition to English football quickly, if at all ....
....Then there was some bloody idiot that was arguing we were better off as Ali J, would finally get a run in the side. Well if he had played well enough (or possibly if he did anything useful at all) to displace our first choice winger over the course of the season, he would have had more of a chance in the side.

Finally, if we're going to sell, then let's sell. We can get up front cash, which we can throw at getting someone with the quality to keep us up, but no. £10m, which we will get at the end of the season. Even if we do stay up, the transfer market will have gone up by another 20% by then.

Maybe the club are going to pull something spectacular out of the fire in the next couple of weeks. Maybe Potter has the (frankly astonishing) ability to make Locadia and Ali J better wingers than Knockeart. Maybe Izquierdo is closer to fitness than we think and he's had the epiphany that it's permissible in the laws of football to beat a defender on the left. But if none of these things are true, this is an incredible reckless gamble, with negligible upside and gigantic downside.

I'm feeling really bad about this, but at least i'm not the bloke who got his name printed on the new shirt for his kid. That's the only thing cheering me up right now

A very long post that fails to mention or even question the obvious. Is Knockaert suitable for Potter’s style of play?

Swansea goal.

02:50.

https://youtu.be/OegFa-44Oig

Would Knocky have wrecked that goal and many other Potter ‘team’ goals had he been part of the build up?

He is not ‘control and pass’, he is ‘receive and then try and be a match winner’. I really don’t think Potter has a use for those sorts of players.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I wonder if any poster will be getting a trifecta of :bounce:s this season.

I know it's incredibly unlikely, all but impossible, but would love:-

- Big Jurg to regularly find the back of net.
- Supplied by Ali, who pitches in with a few himself
- As The Dross dances and skips past players, at will, while kissing the badge and pounding his chest.

There must be one poster and ardent Albion fan who'd be in tears at the prosper of those 3 propelling the team to the dizzying heights of 12th. :lolol:

Yes but the game is all about opinions. You seem to be overlooking this. Fact.

:rolleyes: (irony emoji not meant for you [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION], obvs)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Ffs get real, we dont even know if its the clubs decision or Knockaert himself, we know AK has been suffering since the death of his father, maybe he is reminded every day wherever he heard the news, be that at home, the training ground or whatever and he just needed a change of scenery, maybe that is why the fee is so low, to help Knocky get that move, maybe thats why its a loan first, to make sure that everything has worked out for Knocky before he has to commit to anything long term.

Yes i am making complete guesses, but look at Knockys statement and how much the club have helped him, does that sound like the club have forced him out? Doesnt to me, so i will continue to respect Bloom and the rest of the management.
That all has a ring of truth.

I suspect he just felt he needed a fresh start, and possibly asked to go.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton

- As The Dross dances and skips past players, at will, while kissing the badge and pounding his chest.

There must be one poster and ardent Albion fan who'd be in tears at the prosper of those 3 propelling the team to the dizzying heights of 12th. :lolol:

Erm..... sure the answer begins with a T and has 3 letters

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Jeezus.

You said “I assume you think we've signed 1-2 decent players in the last few years“

I said “ you assume incorrectly”

And you’ve drawn the above conclusion.

I actually think we’ve signed quite a few decent players, but we’ve also signed some PUPs.

So bloody annoying when people twist words isn't it ?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

And this is a regular misconception too. Just because a fan doesn’t rate a player that certainly DOES NOT mean they won’t be delighted if that player comes good, for example, I think Alireza is useless but I will be absolutely delighted if he starts performing, you’d be a fool not to.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
We have been mugged off. ****ing ridiculous by our club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8997606 said:
Utter bollocks. Mitrovic is easily good enough for the Premier League - 11 goals last season in an underperforming side.

Wasted an unbelievable amount of chances. Murray would’ve scored 20+ for Fulham with the same chances.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

Would absolutely love to be quoted and mocked in a few months time, because that would mean a) we're doing well with the squad we have b) we have signed some decent players and we're doing well.

I think you will find the majority of people would like nothing more than to be proved wrong on a lot of their negativity. Unfortunately much of the time it isn't just inherent negativity, but qualitive assessment.

ie. I don't think I'm going to be wrong, as much as I would love Potter to mould AJ into something that would give us 10% of the joy that a player we have just ousted for nothing has done.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So bloody annoying when people twist words isn't it ?

You could always respond with a cogent rebuttal. Failing that you could always put them on ignore. :shrug:

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
I'm with you on this, Almost every club that gets promoted to the premiere league spends big. Knowing full well, Strengthening with quality at this level is a minimum. Only the arrogant and narrow minded would think otherwise.
I'm a bit deflated at the moment, unless potter and his staff, can turn andone and co, into premiership class players this season.

We are not in the premiership. We are about as far away from Scotland as you can get. And, we don't play Rugby.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I think some of the people on this thread having a pop at the club need to calm down and get some perspective.

No one knows the reasons (yet) .... and perhaps never will know why we have got rid of AK. However I’m willing the trust the people making the decisions at the club. After all it’s those people making these decisions that got us into the premier league in the first place.

It’s one player.... now i understand that because of his personality and his style of play that many people feel very strongly about him, and if I had the choice I’d rather have kept him. However we don’t know what his departure might be leading to, or any personal reasons that may have driven this.

In time maybe it might turn out to be the wrong decision, but I’m certainly not going to turn on the club and start saying they’ve got it wrong until this has played out and we see what happens.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I'm not so sure this is going to happen.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
AK has been frustrating and, at times, his inability to pass to a player in a better position has really f.cked me off. However, I really feel he has been one of our better players in the last few years and that when he plays we generally look more dangerous. IMHO this is a mistake and he will be missed.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
So the club think Iranian AJ is better going forwards than the mercurial French man?

Back in the day, I fully supported Chris Hughton and Mike Bailey who delivered Brighton's best ever league position ever, and was soon sacked for unrealistic expectations.
Deja vu springs to mind.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here