Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] I just saved a MOTH (maybe)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Spiders are so snide.

They've got all their webs set up around my halogen patio light, safe in the knowledge that all the moths will come FLOCKING when it comes on at night. Well, I just saw one caught up, and it was going MENTAL. I took pity on it, and flicked it out with a stick. But tbh I think its still ****'d, as it fell on the grass in the rain, still tangled up in web. A snail will probably have it tonight. Nature is cruel.

In other news, I smeared my headlights with toothpaste earlier.

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
Spiders are so snide.

They've got all their webs set up around my halogen patio light, safe in the knowledge that all the moths will come FLOCKING when it comes on at night. Well, I just saw one caught up, and it was going MENTAL. I took pity on it, and flicked it out with a stick. But tbh I think its still ****'d, as it fell on the grass in the rain, still tangled up in web. A snail will probably have it tonight. Nature is cruel.

Hope you flossed beforehand!

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Spiders are so snide.

You have this problem as well?

https://youtu.be/rXHTXdlWw1w

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Snide? He’s just trying to do his ****ing job!

You’ve deprived a poor Spider of his breakfast!

Bloody humans interfering in everything!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Snide? He’s just trying to do his ****ing job!

You’ve deprived a poor Spider of his breakfast!

Bloody humans interfering in everything!

But what if the spider was moth intolerant? Or vegan? A real 2000's answer for me :moo:

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Anyone who would seek to deprive a spider of a decent meal, and then donate the meal to a ****ing SNAIL needs their head read.

Snails can **** off.

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
But what if the spider was moth intolerant? Or vegan? A real 2000's answer for me :moo:

I suppose it’s more than possible that the Spider could have been vegan in this day and age, but surely our arachnid friend wouldn’t have set-up his web in a fly-by-meat hotspot? I’d have thought a nice position for a spider with a plant based diet would be on a fence next to a field (with a gentle breeze) to catch all those tasty winged seeds and the like.

My point remains that the OP has seemingly blundered into a situation without asking any questions and deprived a poor spider of his morning moth snack!

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
spider.jpg

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Anyone who would seek to deprive a spider of a decent meal, and then donate the meal to a ****ing SNAIL needs their head read.

Snails can **** off.

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

The snails will be down in number after I have committed accidental Cochleacide when they are crushed under foot as the rain outs them on the paths

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Spiders are so snide.

If you didn't have your patio light on nature would have run it's natural cause, it's YOUR interference with THEIR habitat which caused this :jester:

Then there's vehicles, and bats :moo:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
They've got all their webs set up around my halogen patio light, safe in the knowledge that all the moths will come FLOCKING when it comes on at night. Well, I just saw one caught up, and it was going MENTAL. I took pity on it, and flicked it out with a stick. But tbh I think its still ****'d, as it fell on the grass in the rain, still tangled up in web.

house.jpg

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I like breaking tiny pieces off a leaf and then throwing them into a web to see the excited spider come scuttling down for grub and then realising he has to cut the aforementioned leaf out.
I have more time on my hands nowadays for these sorts of pursuits.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Another animal rights activist in the making. Congrats easy

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
I saved one the other night. It seemed incapable of flight, so I put it in a jar and let it out in the garden. Within a nano second, a sparrow emerged from seemingly nowhere and spend about a quarter of an hour dismembering the hapless creature. The moth would probably still be alive, had I not intervened.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here