Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How others now view us.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I’ve given up wanting us to survive. After getting our arses handed to us by Bournemouth..yes..BOURNEMOUTH...I decided I’d rather be battering Derby, Leeds and Villa than getting arse raped by everyone except Palace and Manchester Untied.

Well its likely one of those three teams won't be in the championship...and let me know where the guarantee is that we will be battering those or any other team in the championship...there are a fair few who have dropped out of the PL and beyond

...and Norwich....hmm I think ol Jake needs to wait and see how next season pans out first before blabbing out that tosh

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
If I have to endure another season like this one I think I’m going to switch allegiance to Liverpool for a change. I’m from there after all and can still produce a Stephen Grahamesque scouse accent when needed.

Come ead lar.

Well **** off now then...

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Oh well?
Couldn't give a ****, personally.
Will enjoy watching Norwich get battered week in, week out next season as per.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Humphrey is a TV presenter who thinks he has developed an understanding of football because he sits next to sub standard pundits on BT.

Norwich's line up yesterday was-

Krul Netherlands
Aarons England
Zimmermann Germany
Godfrey England
Lewis Northern Irerland
McLean Scotland
Vrancic Bosnia
Buendía Argentina
Stiepermann Germany
Hernández Germany
Pukki Finland

Hmm, it looks like a whole load of home-grown talents in that starting line up Jake. He also seems to forget everyone was in awe of Fulham's "expansive, exciting, ambitious" style of football last season in the Championship. That worked out well.

4/11 so yes full of home grown talent

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Can't help feeling this is a bit (and I hate the term normally) 'snowflakey'.

Most hated team? Even if that is a thing, then who cares? If the club retains its place in the PL then it clearly deserves too. All this talk about 'we're there because there are three worse teams than us', well DURR, that's how the league works FFS!

I've said for weeks now that we are pretty much where I expected us to be. The first half of the season – when, remember, the club was getting a lot of praise for the performances – we were seven points up on the tracker. That was never going to last, but the key is looking to improve year-on-year. They might not be massive improvements – and yes, the performances have been woeful at times – but we start a new season in August and everything is reset. All this doom and gloom is so reactionary and of the moment. Take a look at the bigger picture.

As for JH and his tweet – he's entitled to it, well done to him and his club for getting promoted. Let's see how things pan out next season...

Although with 35 points we are very fortunate too.

I can't help thinking that we would say the same of another team.

Fact is, for those who like to watch top flight football, we have been a snooze fest. It's understandable that they want to see us gone.

There is only so much of ultra defensive and non committal football folk will put up with- and that includes our own fans. It's no fun year having year on year of that. We are all football fans first- I think.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Of course we don't really care as long as we survive, but after seeing Jake Humphreys tweet, retweeted by Tim Krul..... I wonder how our reputation can go in less than 2 seasons, from the cheeky likeable club from the south coast, to what appears in a lot of peoples eyes to be a very boring team, one dimensional and lacking threat....?

"Having watched Brighton today, and I know I’m not impartial, but you really should be pleased about the prospect of an expansive, exciting, ambitious Norwich team...full of home-grown talents...joining the [MENTION=34361]PremierLeague[/MENTION].
[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]"

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

If you read any other fans message board most of them think we're arrogant and have a high opinion of ourselves. This isn't helped by certain settings of the media fawning over us after we were promoted. If anything it's the media perception that has changed.

We're old news now, this is how Burnley and Stoke fans must feel every season to have people calling you shit and boring just because you don't roll over against the big clubs.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Thought the team got their mojo back second half. Took some bollocks to come back. At least they’re trying now.
I was taught not to worry about what other people think. So I don’t.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Who gives a **** what the media or other teams fans think? What I do care about though is our 'direction of travel' which is alarmingly down. Things need to change both on and off the pitch because this squad as is will bore the pants off everyone while getting relegated. For me it's time to move Hughton on or at the very least a radical change of his coaching staff. Things need to materially change there as the team don't seem to be playing for him.

Playing wise I think the problem is we lack physicality. Not a lot of strength in CM and I think Kayal and Stephens should be moved on. In defence despite his excellent performance yesterday we shouldn't give Bruno another year as a player at least. I would let Bong move on both to be replaced with progressive attack minded FB with pace. Holding wise I like the young lad at Leeds Kalvin Phillips, silly hair, good player and or Shelvey, who has quality if an incredibly short fuse.On a free too. I think I would accept decent offers for Knocky not sure he has the pace at this level and Izzy who is a one trick pony for me and any reasonable offer for Locadia who just isn't good enough. I think AJ needs another season to judge, but its not promising so far. Andone needs time and should get it but we need options and I like Che Adams from Birmingham again a player with pace.

I'm all for finding gems from abroad but it is a risk, trying to buy the best from the Championship does at least ensure they can cope with the physicality of the league and are settled in this country. It's also a strategy that's worked well for Bournemouth, Leicester et al. A mix is surely the way forward because clearly we cannot wait for this years new player intake to acclimatise. Next season the new blood will need to hit the ground running...

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
This! What are you all, ****ing children? You're actually personally embarrassed because your team are struggling at football at the moment? Jesus wept, grow a ****ing pair.

Well I hope you're wrong there, but I'm certainly not going to be embarrassed if you're not.
He's a tw@.

No need for us to be embarrassed. It's not as if we have personally bought any bad players, given the ball away under no pressure at all or thrown in the towel in matches against plucky little Wessex clubs. We just pay to turn up and be, er, entertained.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No need for us to be embarrassed. It's not as if we have personally bought any bad players, given the ball away under no pressure at all or thrown in the towel in matches against plucky little Wessex clubs. We just pay to turn up and be, er, entertained.
Exactly.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
WHY should we be embarrassed. I expect anyone who watched the 9 men demolition of our team by WALSALL? In the cup at Withdean have far more reason to be embarrassed.....i was....for about 10 minutes then I moved on and hoped for an improved performance next time.

Edit......it was a league 1 match
Glen Murray was playing that day.
Worst performance ever by us I have witnessed.
We lost 1 nil against nine men, two players sent off early in the game.

Last edited:

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Humphrey is a Norwich fan and doesn't particularly like us, I seem to remember a tweet where he 'reluctantly' gave praise when we beat united I think. I think it stems from the fact we have Hughton, and for as long as he is manager many of their fans will want us to fail so that they will feel vindicated for their treatment of him.

He is on a high from his team's promotion, many silly things are said during such periods and it will come full circle on him in a few months time no doubt.

That said, he really should be looking to praise what his club has done in the Championship, rather than speculate (whilst putting another club down) on what they probably won't do in the PL unless they want to get slaughtered.

NigelL

Feb 23, 2012
Humphrey is a TV presenter who thinks he has developed an understanding of football because he sits next to sub standard pundits on BT.

Norwich's line up yesterday was-

Krul
Aarons
Zimmermann
Godfrey
Lewis
McLean
Vrancic
Buendía
Stiepermann
Hernández
Pukki

Hmm, it looks like a whole load of home-grown talents in that starting line up Jake. He also seems to forget everyone was in awe of Fulham's "expansive, exciting, ambitious" style of football last season in the Championship. That worked out well.

Beat me to it! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Of course we don't really care as long as we survive, but after seeing Jake Humphreys tweet, retweeted by Tim Krul..... I wonder how our reputation can go in less than 2 seasons, from the cheeky likeable club from the south coast, to what appears in a lot of peoples eyes to be a very boring team, one dimensional and lacking threat....?

"Having watched Brighton today, and I know I’m not impartial, but you really should be pleased about the prospect of an expansive, exciting, ambitious Norwich team...full of home-grown talents...joining the [MENTION=34361]PremierLeague[/MENTION].
[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]"

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Do you know how much Delia Smith and her husband paid to get control of Norwich...……………………. Very little in footballing terms

Then she loaned them £1m when they were in financial trouble to settle debts when they went down to League 1 - She then even called in that loan and had it paid back to her a couple of years ago. She also then set up her restaurant Rent Free within the ground. Milking the club even more.

Yes I am looking forward to them coming up because they will spend very little and the shareholders will milk their PL windfall again for the year that they are in that League. Bring it on . Let them come. Yes they will have momentum coming up as will Sheffield United but neither of them are PL ready to sustain a campaign in it.

Lets see if they come with '' the ambitions '' you seem to think they have.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I’d rather not be in the PL but I certainly don’t care what some TV presenter thinks of us. Or anyone else for that matter.

I like Norwich as a team and I like their support so I’ve no reason to slag them off.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Couldn’t care what JH thinks.
However I would say that if I was supporting any other team I would prefer we were relegated as we are the dullest team in the league and have been all season! Do I care what others think? No but Hughton’s brand of football is dire and you can go on about the players all you like, a more inventive, positive approach would have seen us safe games ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here